So... why was Eerie of Crows buffed?

The two corners behind main building now spawn jungle gyms rather than unsafe rock pallets. This is already a heavily survivor sided map due to its large size. What was the reasoning behind making it stronger on the survivor side?

Comments

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

Honestly it is debatable whether it was buffed or not. Sure the corners are stronger now, but those jungle gyms used to spawn next to the main building so you could easily combo the main building's very strong side windows with them. I personally think that that change was a slight nerf.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Can anyone confirm is the metal fence loop still spawns?

It's like a massive square metal fence with a pallet

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,617

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't those jungle gyms moved from another point in the map, rather than having been added in on top of the existing ones? I'm pretty sure it works out to either be the same, or slightly weaker since there are fewer loops you can chain together.

I've not actually been able to play for a little while, though, so I can't verify that myself.

Also, obligatory mention that it's not that big of a map.

• legrosporc69
    legrosporc69 Applicant Posts: 250

The jungle gym got move but honestly this made the map safer for the survivor. Its not really a buff but it not a nerf either. The map is still a nightmare for killer because of the way the map is build and if survivor are decent this should be a lose for the killer that did not change from before lol.

Btw the map is not that big its a long map but its not that large compare to red forest

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,168

Watching killers try to mindgame that tile is hilarious

it's so safe

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

Otz made a video calling it a buff for survivors so I believe him

• BoriskyTheFox
    BoriskyTheFox Member Posts: 113

Huh? Eyrie of crows isnt a survivor sided map. I think devs made the right decision by buffing it. As you said, those rock pallets were way too unsafe. Survs need stronger maps especially nowadays when anti loop killers are so popular.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

It's because killers don't have it bad enough

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

Those rock piles were the only unsafe spot on the whole map. Now the whole map is a giant safe zone.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

One side of the map was pretty much busted and the other side was a dead zone. Now it's both sides are safe with almost no desdzones in the map and can be changed to the main building. I would say it's a buff maybe not a huge one but definitely a buff.

• James4125
    James4125 Member Posts: 266

Not survivor sided? Are you insane? Safe pallets at every turn, the worst totem spawns in DbD history (including the crotus Penn middle of an open field totem as at least that wasn't right next to a generator) very bright and east to see every direction, No clustered gens, A borderline godlike main building and now even the one dead zone is gone? That map is almost as bad as Haddonfield for many killers and if you have the misfortune to play Trapper it's the absolute worst map. And considering how bad Trapper is on a lot of maps that's really saying something.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited February 2022

That map is insanely survivor sided. Its massive, has a 2 floor structure with god pallets and multiple very strong loops in it, most of the loops can be seen through, large amount of obstructions in general to hurt ranged killers, very few loops can be mindgamed, gen distribution takes advantage of the map size so its rare to see a 3 gen (and even then, they tend to be fairly spread out,) and like Ormond its fairly likely to get multiple strong loops link into one another (esp near killer shack.)

I feel like it was made that way somewhat on purpose due to not being a dark lighting map (so tracking is somewhat easier than somewhere like yamaoka) but survivors who can loop well do a LOT of damage there. A killer pretty much needs 115%, good antiloop, AND good mobility to not be hurt by its design.

• Lucario576
    Lucario576 Member Posts: 53

I think the map would be much fair if they block the part that is behing the main building, that way it wouldnt be too big

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

It's literally old Ormond with a stronger main building.

• PaulieWalnuts
    PaulieWalnuts Applicant Posts: 9

Eyrie of crows is fine, like honestly. Easily a killer sided map if you are even somewhat competent as a killer. Little kids could probably beat survivors on that map.

• disgust
    disgust Member Posts: 71

why did i already know it was going to be a killer main complaining without even the slightest context? (other than this being a dbd forum)

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Because they want to force a 2k 2e average no matter a players skill.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Not to mention it's pure hell for poor Trapper players.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Depending on killer, i think it recieved a net nerf. Or a buff if you play killer.

There are some points where its stronger and it's strength is multiplied against some killers, but overall its been quite fine. Chases are shorter in general, at least, from my experience.

Besides, even if it were objectively buffed, tile placement right now makes it easier to further balance. Because with the old tiles, you could instantly enter a jungle gym after already exiting a god window. Now you have to choose to go to a pallet on the left, or take the gamble and go towards the loop on the right and hope the killer has some issues breaking the breakable wall, or you'd still be down.

Eyrie still has some issues, but it's at least more consistent now, and consistency means its easier to single out specific issues and change them, rather than gathering a plethora of potential issues and giving them all the blame. Like Bubba, they changed all his issues and buffed them. Now he can down someone even quicker and facecamp them to death before survivors even have the ability to open the gate. To prevent such issues in the future, its easier to change definite issues first and then locate deep seeded issues. Eyrie's size might not even be an issue, but a lack of vision on generators. It might even be that Eyrie needs a drop down from above that would give killers a reason to go up to scout for information and generally be a positive effect for them, but would negatively affect people who have Balanced Landing because there are no decent loops nearby. Knowing where to go as a killer saves you a ton of time that otherwise would be wasted on guessing where to go and potentially being wrong.