The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

This is the weirdest game I ever played

Adaez
Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

There's so many bad things going on in such a popular game that is baffling,but despite all of it,its still maintains a solid playerbase.

Its really amazing what having no real competition in a genre can do for you.

Comments

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

It pales in comparison to Overwatch, I would call things in DBD extremely stable relatively speaking.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

Kay

• JonahsTablet
    JonahsTablet Member Posts: 762

I think you misunderstand what I mean, I'm not saying the game remaining popular is unnatural.

• xxshyguyxx
    xxshyguyxx Member Posts: 312

The game has always had issues. Used to unplayable as killer and slowly got better, then worse, then better, then worse.

It's a back and forth.

As of now. It's not very fun playing killer. To unbalanced. Survivors have their hands held. Not so much in solo but with teams (which is most) It's unplayable against 2 or more decent Survivors.

The maps have more than enough pallets and jungle gyms to drag out chases long enough for the gens to all pop.

Unless your nurse. Or blight. Literally the only 2 killers that are viable. Everyone else is just luck and mistakes of the survivors.

All m1 killers become unplayable after a certain mmr number. Don't believe me? Try it yourself.

It's a struggle. And it's not fun.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,837

Also as much as people want to complain on forums/reddit/twitter, the game is not as "miserable" for a vast majority of the players.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239
    edited February 2022

Not unplayable but have to sweat hard to do good on m1 killer,every chase and decision matter so much.

If you're good at blight or nurse you just ignore every problem m1 killers have to deal with.

But I agree,playing killer is not too fun,even if I 4k or let survivors escape,the fun is not there

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213
    edited February 2022

He's mainly talking about the situation around Overwatch, with Blizzard, and OW2. Besides, OW has had little to no content in the last 2 years, the only changes they make are Balance changes. This is bad for an ongoing, multiplayer game and is intensely boring. There's a reason everyone is talking about how dead the game is and how unhappy the players are.

Player numbers** say otherwise. But sure.

Also, both of your points counter each other and makes your stance on things really confusing.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,430

Believe it or not, it used to be a masterpiece.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Its a great game, I agree with you

• BoriskyTheFox
    BoriskyTheFox Member Posts: 113
    edited February 2022

This game had potential but they wasted it.. They wasted it by buffing killers non stop and making it impossible to survive without SWF.

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

I do feel nostalgia for what the game used to be myself from time to time, but let's not kid ourselves. The game has never, and likely never will be, a masterpiece. Was it good in the past? Yeah. Is it good now? Yeah. Even so, the game has had, and currently still has, too many problems for me to really consider it to be a masterpiece.

• GeneralV

We all have our own opinions, mate.

I consider Old DBD to be a masterpiece, just as I am sure some people might consider the current game to be one. We all perceive things differently and have our own views of how the game should be and what would make it good or not.

As you said, it has too many problems FOR YOU to consider it a masterpiece. The same does not ring true for me and old versions of this game.

I respect your opinion and would not call you out for it.

I suggest you do the same.

• RoboMojo

Fair enough. Sorry, my comment did come off as rather stand-offish. Out of curiosity, why do you think DBD used to be a masterpiece? The game has had serious problems ever since it's launch so I'm just kind of confused.

• GeneralV

I am glad you understood.

Well, it is hard to find where to start really...Old DBD was a masterpiece to me because there was literally nothing about it that I disliked. Survivors, Killers and their powers, Perks, Maps, OST, Events, Offerings, Items, Add-ons...everything you can possibly think about it was perfect to me.

Late-2018/Early-2019 were the periods of my life when I can proudly say that I had a perfect game on my hands.

Were there things that I would personally adjust if I could? Yes. Would I complain if the game was still exactly like that? Definitely not.

• RoboMojo

I do wish we could return to 2019 DBD myself, even if it was kinda crazy balance wise (insta-heals and all that jazz). Again, sorry for being hostile in my original comment. Hope you have a nice day :)

• GeneralV

Don't worry about, your apology is accepted.

Have a nice day too :)

• SweetTerror
    SweetTerror Member Posts: 2,695

What's still really frustrating is seeing the game prioritize queue times over their MMR system. If people have been waiting too long in a lobby, then you'll be thrown against people you have no business playing against. It's why you'll see some matches where the killer will barely get more than one hook. SWF is hard enough, but seeing the "SBMM" throw its hands up in the air just so that a match can get underway sucks.

But for me the most troubling aspect is seeing highly requested features continually get shut down or ignored year after year. You see the same questions pop up in every Q&A session they have: bots, perk loadouts, grind reduction, more training options for newer players, killer reworks, etc. Here we are 6 years later, and the fact that those questions are still getting asked is defeating. They've lost over half of their player base on Steam (not to mention they've been steadily losing players since October), and yet it seems like they could care less. Not saying they don't care, but this is the message they give out. I mean what else would we expect when their very own game director advises that you go play something else if you're not having fun?😕

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Yeah. For all it's problems, it's a great game. All the bugs, valid player complaints, obnoxious things the devs say, none of these are enough to make us stop playing. It's a great ######### game.