Any social/love experts here? Need advice

Mazoobi
Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,564
edited February 2022 in Off-topic

So I've been talking to someone for a while now but recently, I noticed that they blocked my main IG account from seeing their stories or highlight stories. I found out when I accidentally stumbled upon their account while I was on my spam account and saw they had posted their cat. I also saw many of their highlights with food, cats, and some cute selfies.

All of the pictures were cute, but now this got me wondering. Why was my main account blocked? I never saw this content while we had a fun time (using my main account).

Are they no longer interested in me or did they block me from seeing in case of me judging them? I genuinely enjoyed seeing their content, but I don't just want to barge in and ask them what's wrong. I've never been in a relationship either so anything related to that is FAR from my capabilities.

Should I be concerned? Am I just being too nosey? Valentines is right around the corner too and I wouldn't mind getting closer, but is it worth it? Advice would be very much appreciated!

EDIT: To clarify, they only HID me from seeing their new stories or any highlights they already had. So not a complete full block and every other feature are still available. They also made the first move (not sure if this evidence helps with any relationship issue).

^ Also SO SORRY that I forgot to add this hopefully, it'll help, but they did ask to meet up however I had to decline to an emergency that day. I tried to make up for it by saying I'll take some time for them soon. They seemed okay with it, but now I don't know whether I should commit to it since they possibly may have grown a distrust for me. I don't want to push their boundaries.

Post edited by Mazoobi on

Comments

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593

Just ask them.

If asking them why you are blocked is somehow enough to immediately end the relationship, it wasn't going to work out.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

If they blocked you, it's because they weren't having "a fun time" and wanted to give you less of an opportunity to start a conversation.

• Mazoobi
    edited February 2022

The funny part is that they're the ones who found me on social media and started the ball rolling. We haven't met each other in person yet although we can possibly do it soon since we're not that far from one another so social media is what's keeping us in touch.

Maybe I should've reworded better, but I can still message and see their feed, but just not actually see anything new they decide to post.

Is hiding stories a sign of distrust? Also, what should I say next? I'm all for respecting people's boundaries, but why bother making the first move but ghost right after?

EDIT: I completely forgot to add this in OP, but they did actually ask to meet a week ago, but I had to decline to an emergency on that very same day. I did try to make it up by saying that I'll take some time for them soon. They seemed very okay with it, but now I don't know if I should commit to that if they don't seem willing to trust me.

^ I'll add that in the OP to possibly help make my issue clearer.

• Mazoobi

I suppose that is a possible and valid reason, but we can still have a convo. I just can't see their new stories/highlights.

If they weren't having a fun time, I wish they would've been direct about it at the very least.

• Mazoobi

Ah, it's okay.

I did actually make an edit to my reply. Not sure if I was fast enough to send it before you read the reply, but maybe you could give some insight toward that?

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

No way to know their reasons for blocking you. I'd say try to meet or continue to talk on other platforms. It could be they just don't want to share that part of their life yet even if it seems odd now.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016
    edited February 2022

I'd legit ask them why they blocked you just straight up, if they dodge the question then I would be a Lil worried, but then again only do what ur comfortable with. Ease into the question If you need to.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I probably wouldn't ask why they blocked you unless you guys have established a close relationship and you're open to having conversations like that. If it were me in this situation, I would maybe think that there was possibly a different story in the past that they didn't want you to see that was maybe about you? And they forgot to switch it back?

For now I'd probably just continue to view stories on your spam account, and talk to them normally for the most part, while keeping the blocked stories in the back of your head. In the future, if the ball gets rolling, maybe then you can ask but try to have it come off as a light hearted question in case they have a legit reason. Such as making jokes or laughing about it as if it wasn't a big deal. You wouldn't want to make them accidentally feel uncomfortable.

But yeah, that's what I would do. Idk how much my opinion is valid because my track record with relationships is awful. But I guess I'm the therapist friend for a reason 😂

• MzLexusLove
    MzLexusLove Member Posts: 11

It’s gonna sound bad but it kind of depends on if you are a guy or female.

If you are a guy and be blunt about it. You have nothing to lose but gain closure besides torturing yourself and wondering why forever.

If you are a female asking a guy.. idk you might wonder what else does he has to hide if he/she specifically targeted you to block?Answer might not be so great. Ask for sh!ts and giggles maybe?

Im so bad at advice 🤦‍♀️