Hag's camera switch is the most stupid ######### ever

2»

Comments

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Oh man, someone else that didn't read the post or didn't understand it lol.

2 gens left, me fully healthy just repaired 2 gens, another guy injured on 2nd hook, 2 people on second hook with 5 traps on each of them. Hag is proxy camping and, to bring a new situation to the table, it was the autohaven map with the "|-|" shape. Those hooks were placed so badly that you couldn't get on the other side of the map without catching the hag's attention.

So this is why I suggest a change to her traps:

Within 8 meters and on the same level of a hooked survivor traps no longer swing your camera.

Maybe you could argue it makes hags weaker if there is a loop within 8 meters, but it's really a weird situation with a lot of buts. It's still better than having to save someone whilst your camera refuses to point at the hooked person.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,763

Honestly why not. Some people find it easier to deal with due to no camera spin causing severe motion sickness because accessibility in this game is terrible, so make them base kit to help, why not

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

I agree with every complaint made against Hag in this thread. Whether that be through the comments or the main post itself.

• Adaez
    Adaez Member Posts: 1,239

Who even plays Hag anymore,I haven't seen a Hag in forever.

• Pukenplag

I've seen 30 hags in 5 years and 3 hags since rank reset.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

Do people seriously whine this much about hag? She is hard countered by flashlights and someone taking out her traps while she is busy. B tier killer at best depending on how bad your teammates are.

• Pukenplag
    edited February 2022

One of the most bullshit things this forum does is tell people how to counter something by bringing something pre game. I would like to remind you I can't see the killer pre game to bring a flashlight, I can't see if the killer has noed pregame to bring a perk just for it, I can't see if the survivor has x perk before to counter it etc.

No one had a flashlight. How do you counter hag, by wandering around in hopes of finding a flashlight in a chest?

Hag has much better counters, but this is not what the thread is about. There was no counter for the 5 traps under 2 hooked people. I was getting down eitherway.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,233

If 2 people are hooked no matter the killer it's practically gg's anyways. It's a complete skill issue that 2 people managed to get themselves hooked together.

• YearOfTheHag
    YearOfTheHag Member Posts: 76

You will have to forgive me. There are a lot of complaints in the thread.

Tbh it sounds like the map design is the problem. But that is for a different thread.

If a hag has two people on hook and 5 traps under each of them then she has exactly 0 left on the rest of the map. If she has 5 between the two hooks, then she may have half a web set up. In the first case, you can do gens and leave. Consider it the same as a face camp except she will never be a threat again in the match because she did not set up properly. In the second, she can be harassed to teleport between the two traps.

In neither case does the camera swing enter into any calculations. Your camera WILL NOT SWING if you are looking at the trap before it pops. If they are at hook and you know that they are there, there is no reason for the cam to swing.

Hags who put more than 1 trap anywhere are not able to get value from their kit, they are basically the same as any other camper.

I seriously suggest reading posts and watching guides on how to play as and against her. She has a tremendous amount of counterplay and depth on both sides.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

You crouch walk so you don't set off her traps until you decide to.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,619

Exactly: when this happens, if the killer doesn't restraint himself the last ones are toast.

• AsherFrost
    edited February 2022

It is just you, I read through it, and then disregarded the crybaby parts. But hey, keep up the frothing at the mouth nastiness at anyone who comments, that will totally show how mature and well reasoned your arguments are.

• Pukenplag

"Disregarded the crybaby parts" - you literally disgmregarded the "crybaby part" that was me seaying going crouched WAS MY INTENTION. However, as the Hag got very close, keeping on crouching would just get me killed .

About the camera swing: the hag obviously placed those traps all over the place, therefore each one switched my camera when activated, making it impossible for me to look where I wanted.

• AsherFrost

I read that, I was responding directly to where you contradicted yourself later claiming that since nobody had brought a flashlight there was no way for you to deal with hag's traps. There is a way, you just clearly either failed to implement it, are not sure how, or just feel like whining about a c level killer regardless.

Fact is, the camera spin is an intended and necessary part of her kit. If there were that many traps around a single hook then there should have been none anywhere else, meaning no gen pressure.

Of course that's ignoring the elephant in the room, being, If you were playing against the sort of baby hag that sets 5 traps per hook, how y'all managed to get two survivors hooked at the same time. Honestly the whole thing just reads as a skill issue disguised as complaining about a game mechanic you don't seem to understand the need for, despite it being explained to you multiple times.

So either A. There just weren't as many traps as you claim. Or B. Y'all were losing regardless so badly that the killer you were playing against stopped really even trying.

• Pukenplag

MMR should answer you how that baby hag got two hooks at once.

• AsherFrost

So the mmr just matched you with a killer who was way too good for your team? I gotta admit, I appreciate the honesty. Most people here seem to pretend like they are the best players ever. That would put us at option B. And yeah, facing someone with that big a skill gap and the advantage of having 2 hooked at once? No real chance of winning, no wonder they decided to go nuts with the traps.

• sickdeathfiend
    sickdeathfiend Member Posts: 139

Since the cam swing doesn't really work anymore, some think its a stealth nerf and others think it's a bug. Is there any official comment on this?

• DangerScouse
    DangerScouse Member Posts: 989

Hahaha this is a funny thread.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447

French Narrator: *2 Months Later*

• AngyKiller
    AngyKiller Member Posts: 1,838

Hag would, literally, be an M1 Killer without the camera-effect.

Survivors: Oh no! I popped a trap that in no way altered my direction or otherwise prevented me from running to the next loop with my Dead Hard because they removed the camera-grab!

Like it or not; it's part of her power and it's MEANT to mess with players.

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Out all things to complain about regarding Hag, you choose one of the things that is actually counterable. Look at the trap before it pops.

If anything, why aren't there more threads complaining about the ability to leave traps uber close to hooks, or in basement?

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195

the jump scare is probably the coolest thing about the Hag, that's all I can politely say. I think it should be left alone.

• Pukenplag

Thank you very much for necroing the thread so I get people at 11PM my time flooding my email regarding an opinion I may as well no longer hold. Make a bug report if you think it doesn't work, don't necro a 2 month old thread.

Please check when the thread was made before replying. I am on a break from DbD nowdays, so I really don't hold any opinion about this subject anymore.

A mod, please lock this thread. My phone notifications went crazy last night from my email inbox being flooded with comments from the necro.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,037

Closing this thread per the OP's request.

Also, a reminder that if you run into any possible bugs or issues, please check the Bug Report section: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs Please check and see if it has been reported already and upvote it, otherwise you can open a new report following the guidelines.

This discussion has been closed.