Make a functioning sensitivity system

I don't want to make a 2000 word essay post but I will say this: At 0 sensitivity its still twice as fast as I would want it when playing a killer that requires aim and no I dont want to change my windows settings every time I want to switch between DBD and other games. Explain to me how it the sensitivity scales when 0 is not no sensitivity

Comments

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88
    I also have a issue with sensitivity of a killer's camera being to high in game.
    I have my mouse on 400 DPI and this is the lowest value I can have on it. I also have my sensitivity set to 0, but yet the camera moves similar to having 800 or 1600 DPI on the desktop.
    This is really annoying to not be able to hit properly or lose survivors out of sight because of camera moving to fast.
    I also tried to set it to 100 just to see how it would work... It didn't change much to be honest, it felt more like if I've added 5-10% of sensitivity, if it was survivor's bar.

So, please, fix sensitivity bar for the killer. Make it so that there is actually a diffrence between having 1% and 10% sensitivity.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Strange, people more often ask for higher sensitivities because the given ones are too slow.

IDK how it goes on PC, but on Xbox the default sens for killer is 40 or 50 I believe, but I bump it up to 70 because 40 is slow AF. It's like moving through syrup.

• Najemniczkas

@thesuicidefox said:
    Strange, people more often ask for higher sensitivities because the given ones are too slow.

IDK how it goes on PC, but on Xbox the default sens for killer is 40 or 50 I believe, but I bump it up to 70 because 40 is slow AF. It's like moving through syrup.

This depends on preferences.
    I think I've said that in my own post - I'm a FPS player (Overwatch).
    To have more precise aim, and so the crosshair wouldn't move like crazy (up and down most likely) you need a lower DPI and sensitivty. This also requires bigger mousepad. TBH, mostly FPS players and people with low sens/DPI/both are actually using the space on the mousepad - to turn around, you need to make a bigger move with your mouse, that's true, but you can also pretty easly make smaller moves and move your crosshair on things in your sight more easly, more precisely.

But consoles are a bit diffrent. Using stick or in some cases 2 sticks is way diffrent, than using mouse (and keyboard). For me it's impossible to use both sticks (I'm so not used to using 2 sticks on gamepad). Like, even the movement of camera on the videos is way diffrent + I think that the way the sticks are built don't allow people to make faster movements like in case of mouses.

• LukeBomber
    LukeBomber Member Posts: 30

@Najemniczkas said:
    I also have a issue with sensitivity of a killer's camera being to high in game.
    I have my mouse on 400 DPI and this is the lowest value I can have on it. I also have my sensitivity set to 0, but yet the camera moves similar to having 800 or 1600 DPI on the desktop.
    This is really annoying to not be able to hit properly or lose survivors out of sight because of camera moving to fast.
    I also tried to set it to 100 just to see how it would work... It didn't change much to be honest, it felt more like if I've added 5-10% of sensitivity, if it was survivor's bar.

So, please, fix sensitivity bar for the killer. Make it so that there is actually a diffrence between having 1% and 10% sensitivity.

This is exactly what i mean 0 should be 0% and 100 should be.... a lot

• Najemniczkas

@Najemniczkas said:

This is exactly what i mean 0 should be 0% and 100 should be.... a lot

It shouldn't even be a % bar in first place imo. Just values 0-100 or, if it's possible (to make by devs, and I'm sure it is) 0(or 0.01)-100 with values like 0.56 etc. (So, there would be actually... Around 10000 values, I think)