How many breaks did you take from dbd?

Crit
Crit Member Posts: 42

It's clear that sometimes you just start not liking a game that you play. But you may or may not come back. So how many breaks did you take for dbd?

Comments

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,164

About half a dozen, but I only play since November.

Just kidding, so far I didn't take a real break, just a few days off here and there to play other games or do some gaming with my friends who don't play DBD.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167
    edited February 2022

About two

First big one was when Twins came out. Game was in a rough shape and I was very disappointed by Twins (Their execution, not their design or anything like that). About a month or so, started playing when the next midchapter rolled around I think

Latest one has been slightly after artist came out. I'm still playing just not as often as I used to, I think many other people are in this boat as well.

Was getting kinda sick of the same old stuff every game. Both sides. So I just experience less of it

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

This is around my forth or fifth one, I'll probably stay off of DbD for a while, it got boring, it needs something new aside from "New Killer that is fun but you're going to get destroyed every time" or "New Killer that will hand the Survivors a new one but it'll get boring after a while"

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

I've never taken a break from DBD. But I did take a break from survivor and that was amazing

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I only took one after Artist... That killer was such a disgrace that all hype was dead. It was a big yikes moment and I do not know how they could mess it up THAT badly. They were right to announce Ringu early to win us back ahead of time. With a good decision like that, one has to wonder how they messed up the Artist as much as they did.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

I took a break during Jane's chapter and Ghostface's chapter, but I only play like ~3 or 4 days a month so it's not that much of a shift in my schedule. If I get tilted I probably take the month off and haunt the forums.

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

These days I only play when there's an event or active Rift, so I always get a nice 2 week break between those. Lately the space has been even longer than 2 weeks, so I'm actually excited to come back after a while not playing.

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

A couple. The most recent was about a year ago for almost 6 months I think. During that time I got big time back into overwatch so much that I stepped away from Dbd for a bit. Now they're both my main games.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I tried to quit once but couldn't do it because I still thought the game could reach it's potential.

I just play with my friends now. We got meme'd by a really good Nemesis, so they wanted to run a KYF with a 4th, so I ran about 15 Nemesis games so that they could practice.

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Between Pig and Clown, between Clown and Stranger Things (only played sporadically and on chapter releases), between Oni and Trickster (once more, only played sporadically), between Pinhead and January 2022.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Not enough

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

A vast amount of breaks.

I'm playing since september 2018 and I have 1284 hours so you can figure.

• Iudex_Nemesis
    Iudex_Nemesis Member Posts: 326

Lost count.

These days I only play a few matches then I'll disappear for a month or two. Sometimes I only log in buy a perk from the shrine or enter a code.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Took a long hiatus when Twins came out and didn't return until Resident Evil.

Twins were probably the laziest, most phoned-in update this game ever had. Not one perk worked properly and the only talent the Twins had was camping.

I haven't spent money on the game since then.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735
    edited February 2022

Why is Artist for you so bad?

Also the Ringu i would say is more disapointing. She looks great, good desing and animations but she is just weaker Wraith with some secondary ability. She is recycled killer and M1 in gameplay.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

Tons. Some long some short.

I play dbd when I feel like it. But even when I don't play I love watching others play. Unless I am completely immersed in other games.

• The_Grim_Reaper99
    The_Grim_Reaper99 Member Posts: 53

I pretty much lost count. I am especially having a long one after the recent QnA that showed how disconnected the devs are. Ringu chapter is looking to be a disappointment so far; the anniversary is the last chance I’m giving this game. So I might take a permanent vacation if it’s a flop even if it’s a license I wanted like FNaF or Dead Space.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

1 big 2 year break because of how bad state of the game was

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

In almost 5 years, I have never taken a break.

But I do play much less, maybe 2 days a week now.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

I'm still on one 😅 I usually play cod or assassins creed titles between stints on dbd. Should start playing again soon. Not really a 'Ring' fan so current killer is of no interest albeit she's probably spooky to face. Breaks that allow you to miss something are excellent imo.

• derppug
    derppug Member Posts: 239

I've taken a few breaks, but they were all long.

I recently came back last month, but I'm getting turned off to the game because I'm a Nurse main and she's disabled. Rather spend my time doing other things, but once I load the game up - I find myself not wanting to leave once I get bored (aka after 1-2 survivor games) and just play a killer who I don't enjoy.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,865

Zero. Sometimes I feel like i should have taken at least 10… 😫

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814

Quit after the Deathslinger nerf. Still pop in to see if anything is being done to make the game better. Nothing so far, so it's been a good number of months now.

But hey, I picked up FF14 and have been having a great time playing that instead. So, dropping DbD has been a pretty positive change. I hope the other 40% of players who quit this game are having as good a time without it as I am.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I played other games last year, not because I dislike DbD or anything, just part of a typical cycle of trying new stuff out.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

I've taken quite a few. It's a game that gets really stale really quickly. It's the same game that's not really had anything added to it outside of new killers and their perks. There's no new gameplay, it's all just recycled versions of existing gameplay. Like boons and breakable walls.

It's a dated game that shows it's age and not well. And since it wasn't supposed to last this long, just a one off game to make a quick buck, I think they'll continue applying band aid fixes to it until the player base drops so low that they stop making money off it. At which point I think they'll just abandon the game altogether rather than actually fix anything.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    edited February 2022

Taken a fair few over the years but most of them were short like only a couple weeks. The most recent one was my longest break by far and it was about 4 months. A part of me wishes I stayed away....

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,153

You: "How many breaks have you taken from DBD?"

Me: "Yes!"

In other words i played this game since release and am now down to once a month or two when the stories on the forum here get me interest going again.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I've taken so breaks that I've lost count. I've been playing this game since late 2018 and have taken multiple breaks over the years.

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 349

idk how many but i know its more than 10 and they are pretty long breaks too.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

To quote a show

• tenoresax
    tenoresax Member Posts: 796

During the last tome, barely got to rift level 30. Doubt I'll be finishing this one either.

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Over the years ive taken about 3 long ones and 1 short break.

Longest was about 6 months and the shortest 1

• Took one break. Still on it. Not sure I'll ever play again because I know I'll only play survivor

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234

I started playing December 2020 and have not yet taken a break. I have completed every daily since. However, I will have periods where I play way beyond my dailies versus periods like right now where I play only to complete my dailies (mostly killer ones) and half a challenge. This is maybe 15-45 minutes a day.

Since I have all survivor and killer teachable perks now, I have toned down my playing if there is no event or new killer release. This makes it so I can focus on other games.

Dead by Daylight is a great complementary-game, especially because of its ability to be played non-team based solo but also with friends. But I like to play another game regularly to maintain my sanity. Next up is Elden Ring. 😁

• KateDunson
    KateDunson Member Posts: 714

I'm on a break since September but only killer side cuz of boons and MMR, i play survivor sometimes but after getting 5 blights in a row i tend to close the game very fast

• NemeanXIII
    NemeanXIII Member Posts: 286

Two/ 5 year tenure

• Kilmeran
    Kilmeran Member Posts: 3,142

I've been on a break since before Pinhead released. I still check the forums a couple times a month to see what is going on, but have yet to find any reason to reinstall.

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636

Back when I was first bought it on release for my Xbox One. Played for about two months, uninstalled it because it didn't click. Fast forward a year and I'm playing nonstop with the odd break to play PUBG at night with my buddy.

Then another break when I moved in 2020. My internet at my old apartment was horrible. Lived there 3 months before I bought my house.

Most recently took a small break because I started playing DBD on PC but having a Great Dane puppy who can get into EVERYTHING made it hard for me to play. So picked up a PS5 and DBD. Now I'm back to playing daily

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

In all my 5 years of playing a few, maybe 10?

I'm currently on a break, been 2months since I played.

Theres just not much holding me in anymore, SBMM is a joke, lack of content through maps is a drag, I get we get new killers but I dont see 80% as survivor as they're too weak and if I do they get 3hooks yet if I play killer I get very sweaty meta squads (I play at off peak but seeing 4survivors high skilled all same perks? Yawn)

Map imbalances, if I get game or some other broken map as a weak killer theres not much point playing. I still get hackers, I'm happy they fixed stretch though.

But it's hard to relax and keep entertained when you see so many limitations or issues not get addressed or addressed fast enough. Killer can be very stressful, kinda waiting for the DH nerf so I dont see it 3+times a game but survivor... versing 5killers is boring....

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702
    edited February 2022

I take a lot of 3-4 day breaks when I get worn out.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384

Tons of breaks.

Once I end rift (And I try to Rush It asap, Im lvl 58 so Next week I Will end) I stop playing until Next one, even if they release new content, I do not give them money because they don't deserve It so in this case I do not care about Ring chapter, can't buy her for shards so Im not gonna play It xD

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,957

I'm on my 14th, most of my breaks are usually burnout from grinding rifts but otherwise its usually because this community is too much at times.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,845

I don't need to take breaks from it because i play DBD alongside other games so nothing is ever too much of the same.