The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What are some known hacks?

Hi there,

I'd love to know what are some known hacks so I know what to report.

I'm relatively new to DBD, but I've noticed as a killer a few things happening that I believe are hacks. Survivors opening lockers without going in, survivors instantly healing a health state on another survivor who was only just been knocked into dying state. That kind of thing.

Problem is I'm too new to know for sure what is and isn't possible in this game, so I would love to know what hacks y'all know exist.

Comments

• Ramondiola
    Ramondiola Member Posts: 26

I guess there are hacks for almost anything you can think of.

Those things you mentioned can be done without hacks. If you are new to the game, take a moment in end game screen (when it shows everyone's scores and perks) and take a look at their perks to learn what they do, especially if you see something weird. You need to know what you are going against so you know what to expect.

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234

The one I can 100% confirm is a killer having 4 hex totems in the match with 0 hex perks in map. This was recorded about a year ago.

• Potatomasherannie
    Potatomasherannie Member Posts: 11

Oh, indeed! Very good advice, thank you! I still have the Scoreboard page open and indeed I had no idea a perk like Deception existed. Much appreciated :)

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Hey there and welcome to the forums.

Well, some people say that we got a hacker pandemic, I encountered my fair share of hackers, but not too many. BTW, not everything fishy you encounter has to be hackers, most are just good players or perks and/or combos that you are unaware of. There is a perk, for example, "Power to the People" that allows you to instantly heal a teammate a healthstate, but you get hurt yourself and cant heal up for 1min. This is super useful to quickly pick someone up from the ground.

Besides that there are the blatand hackers, that fly around, are unhookable, no-clip through walls etc. These aren't the big problem. The problematic ones are the subtle hackers, who might edge out wins by being 4% faster or something, which is often enough to win loops, but not so fast that you would generally notice.

I don't know if this whole topic is off-limits, as we don't want to endorce hacking, but you are right in that its good to know whats out there. If one of us would somehow acquire a hacking program and use it, it would pose a big risk, because we normally have a steam account or playstore or whatever, that we hold dear and that is our whole gaming online presence. That is at risk if you use hacking tools, so don't think about it. Most people who hack use a new account just for hacking and use it as long or as short till it burns up, and then toss it away.

With hacking tools you can do all kind of fancy stuff like getting items, unlimited flashlight uses, stronger flashlights, leaving noe scratch marks, vault without sound, basically anything that gives you an advantage. Otzdarva had a recent video where we encountered a subtle hacker and this hacker probably teleported just outside of his field of view to step in always in the right moment to do a flashlight save. Some people have an aptitude for flashlight saves, but it could be subtle hacking.

Wallhacks are another thing: if you can see the killer all the time, you can perfectly plan your moves and react with preternatural skill, dont needing much more hacking. Also, there is a script that lets you automatically use Dead Hard once the killer swings, giving you a 100% success chance with that perk.

In the end of the day, you will probably encounter hackers at one point, but to call them out you need some video evidence, which is hard to provide. Still, just report people who you suspect to be hacking, if an account gets some hundred flags for hacking, maaaaybe BHVR takes action? We don't know, but I would recon that they have some sort of system in place.

And here are two videos that might give you a bit more insight. But dont fixate too much on hackers, just try to have fun with some nice games ^^ Good luck

• Pukenplag
    Pukenplag Member Posts: 1,454

Opening lockers without going in is not a hack, it's the perk "Deception". Look it up on Élodie.

If the survivor healing instantly another one becomes broken aka they can't be healed (you see a cross with a slash on it besides the survivor's icon on the left), then they use the perk "For the People". Look it up on Zarina.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

otzcheats.com

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,140

The common hacks are long stuns,blinding for a long period of time. Fast heals,screams without being hit or shocked. Survivors being on hooks that appeared out of nowhere. Exit doors and gens being done by a simple tap. I have seen jigsaw boxes being done quickly which was new to me.

• Potatomasherannie
    Potatomasherannie Member Posts: 11

You guys are absolute legends, thank you so much!! This is exactly the kind of info I was hoping to find. I record my gameplay, so if I ever spot any of these things I will be able to report it. Much appreciated!

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,454

Thats not a hack

A hack or cheats are usually referring to using 3rd party software to gain a competitive advantage

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 478
    edited February 2022

Seen a few including gens insta finishing, teleporting, always unhooking self. Playing against someone the other day and was right behind them and they just disappeared into thin air.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Auto deadhard, near instant unhooks,speed boost, esp, using certain perks without having said perks, perk stacking the list goes on

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183
    edited February 2022

instant wiggle out (whitout DS) instant heal etc

• Norhc
    Norhc Member Posts: 575

Watch Choy's video on the subject from like one month ago.