leviivel
leviivel Member Posts: 271

How strong do you think the doctor is?

How strong is the doctor? 71 votes

S
0%
A
18%
KaanakisfenkinGlamourousLeviathanFilthyLegionMaindugmanTotemsCleanserNathan13BubbaDredgeJerekGazgemauchTricksters_WifeSmoeSpicyFries 13 votes
B
52%
Seiko300VolantConch1719Mat_SellaDr_TrautsReikoMorimusstang62MrPenguinUistreelAhoyWolfShapedGeneralVEnderloganYTtenoresaxValikWarcrafter4TatariuAdvorsusYordspsionicNoOneKnowsNova 37 votes
C
28%
GibberishRougualRoboMojoHermitMaxwellElcopolloDoctorDarmGuiltiiPSPD4M4VR1CKThatOneDemoPlayerBennett_They1ThemRBC_RehsuPopsicle01sizzlingmario4AraphexINoLuv[Deleted User]ItsJesseFFSGhostlyboy 20 votes
D
1%
landromat 1 vote

Comments

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    A

Personally I think Doctor is my best character. Overall I think he’s solid. His tracking means he’s always in a chase the entire game, it’s difficult to stay hidden from him. And his Shock is very useful at pallets and vaults, either to preemptively keep someone from using them or to hit someone immediately after they drop a pallet to block them from vaulting it as you continue around to their side of the drop.

The only reason I don’t put him in S tier overall is his lack of mobility does mean when survivors spread out all over the map he’s weaker. The S tier killers are the ones that can both catch survivors at loops and have a way to deal with survivors splitting up (e.g. Blight’s ability is both useful at loops, at chasing survivors who just run forward, and at getting from place to place quickly between chases)

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,133
    Options
    B

Doctor is, in my opinion, the very best pick for the perfectly middle-of-the-pack spot on any tier list. He's average, his kit has nuance and will help you out but doesn't provide a massive advantage nor ways of circumventing the typical hit-twice M1 gameplay. If you're good with him, you'll perform well, but he's got a lower ceiling than some other characters while providing enough value to have a higher floor than a bunch of others.

He's pretty alright. Solid B tier.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options
    D

Absolute total trash. Only 1 killer worse is Trickster

• Jerek
    Jerek Member Posts: 92
    Options
    A

Aside from everything that has been said, I mostly like him because he is the only killer than can affect skillchecks. This can make even good survivors miss a lot of checks with the right perks.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    B

Which is good. I think he and Demogorgon are two of the most balanced killers. Both have decent 1v1 and some type of map pressure, but neither are too overbearing. I would even put plague in that little group. They're all decent at multiple aspects, without being too overpowered. And at base kit they're all about middle of the road.

But, with certain addons and perks, they can definitely become A tier.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options
    C

His 1v1 is bad, his Static Blast is meh but it allows for tracking and allows the Doctor to start chases faster, tho he usually ends them about as quickly as an M1 Killer

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options
    B

Tracking with a forced slowdown and some decent loop control. He has everything he needs without having anything that he doesn't that overly hinders him or makes him over powered. He has a great pool of addons that make his power better and open up new playstyles rather than just trying to reduce the negative aspects of his power usage. Which is something I miss in the design of newer killers. Solid B tier killer.

• INoLuv
    INoLuv Member Posts: 464
    Options
    C

really underwhelming and weak, has a nice power that is fun to use but at the end he is really weak and predictable, but his design is great

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781
    Options
    B

mid-low b tier

Has solid tracking abilites, has decent chase potential, but lacks lethality. Even when using perks to mitigate this weakness he still suffers from map design and dead hard.

• Gibberish
    Gibberish Member Posts: 1,055
    Options
    C

Doctor is pretty bad. Sure he can stomp bad Survivors, but against decent survivors he's total trash.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options
    C

If Nurse is SSS and Myers is D, Doc's in C+/B.

I'd say he's best described as an information killer (like artist and legion). his power's best purpose is to slightly stall a gen/gain information.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    B

I think he's high B tier. He has some anti-loop power (when it wants to work) and he can disable survivor actions for a while with tier 3 madness. But he doesn't have much map or gen pressure.

• GillyBeannn
    GillyBeannn Member Posts: 549
    Options
    B

Doctor was the my first killer because of his built-in ability to track survivors. I still play him now from time to time, but against a god squad, you're gonna get destroyed. But he is kinda oppressive to newer players because of the Madness effect. Either way he's mid-tier at best, and his add-ons are relatively fair and balanced, although those green tape add-ons he has are complete garbage and should be completely reworked. Also I think his brown range add-on should be basekit because his default shock therapy is too small to guarantee anti-loop at strong pallets and windows hence why a lot of Doctor players run range and duration add-ons, but I only think his brown range add-on should just be basekit for him.

Also on a side note, I run Iron Maiden on him so no survivors can hide from me and to counter their locker strat when I use Static Blast. Zanshin Tactics is pretty good on him too, so you see every vault and window and you can pre-shock before a survivor makes it to it. Sure if you have good game sense you'll know where pallets and windows typically spawn, but a lot of loops and pallets are RNG so it's great to have that knowledge ahead of time. I would say Doctor is one of few killers that benefits from this perk.

And one last thing as well is that shock validation can be unfair at times where the survivor was shocked way before they made it to a vault or pallet, and that I think could be a server issue with latency or survivor's ping, I really don't know, but maybe someday Doctor can have a proper shock validation because even with his best purple add-on (I forgot the name, the one with less duration) and his green range add-on, survivors still somehow get the vault and pallet.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    B

Doctor is strong in specific circumstances - but he is very wanting for many reasons.

His power serves best for information, with small slowdown and situational chase potential.

Against a strong team, these are nearly non-factors. Pro Survivors will become hell to pin down with your power, and power through madness with uttermost efficiency. You ability might as well be a squirtgun against a team of highly competent survivors - who will make you pay for each and every health state by prolonging chases and timing their pallets and vaults with the killer's power and making mental notes to circumvent illusions.

Average teams, however, fair slightly less as well. While information is useful, it is not always useful, madness will not always be a strong factor in the flow of the game, and while the killer's ability is strong enough to shut down many loops, survivors will still pre-drop pallets and play the game very safe as a direct counter. While the Doctor is strong, he usually doesn't create issues that average players cannot work around.

Newer survivor players, or struggling players, however, face great difficulty. Their aimless travel makes them easy to pick off with the Doctor's information, the skill checks and dispelling of madness can become daunting if not impossible, and trying to evade the doctor's power turns each and every chase into a doomed march that will certainly fail.

Because the doctor is nearly inescapable to newcomers, they can see him as an extremely difficult and OP killer.

However, he falls off - and skilled survivors can run circles around a doctor, who lacks the ability to control the map or punctuate chases with deadly abilities and strong utility. While a talented killer player can work wonders with his abilities and thrive off of the information he provides - the average player has more significant killers to choose from if they want to play a game with victory in mind.

• TotemsCleanser
    TotemsCleanser Member Posts: 617
    Options
    A

He's my main and the character I play the best so I'm a bit biased.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    B

not bad, not good, all rage-inducing

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    edited March 2022
    Options
    B

B, dont forget:

• he can confirm a 4k by preventing a survivor from picking up another at Tier III
    • Survivors at Tier III cannot use items.no flashlight saves, no BT medkit.