Rampant cheating

Either fix the cheating or disable the DC penality. People shouldn't have to waste their time, because some people can't play the game right, and the devs don't care to fix it.

Comments

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

But that would make the game worse for everyone?

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

"Rampant" is completely exeggarated.

• MrSlippery
    MrSlippery Member Posts: 98

Been encountering it for the past 2 days. Non injured survivors teleporting to dodge attacks. When I made this post, same thing except with an instant blind flashlight. Yet no perks or add ons on the character in question. Guess it's not as common in low MMR.

• disgust
    disgust Member Posts: 71

that is correct. people often assume you wouldn't be able to make it to high mmr as a cheater but it's actually almost inevitable.

that's not true for cheating killers though, they get banned. i suspect it has nothing to do with the fact that you get more reports (even survivors are very likely to report cheating survivors) and much to do with how the game works

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

In the past month, I had 1 game with 2 cheaters in it. Fortunately we were all survivors and I was able to record the video and send a report.

They were both flying through walls, under the map and up in the sky to heal. Then one got hooked and tried to take the game hostage but failed. The other cheater spawned the hatch right in front of them and escaped.

But that was 1 game in a month. Of course we all know around December and early January there were tons of cheaters. It was almost every other game I played. I think they managed to stop a lot of them.

• Tylerja1
    Tylerja1 Member Posts: 38

We shouldn't have a DC penalty period, the way people play we shouldn't be required to waste our time with a killer trying to tunnel us out for 5 minutes while our teammates get 2 gens done lol same with a camping killer if you put our own fun in our hands people will start acting more respectfully to try to make the game fun for everyone.

• realflashboss
    realflashboss Member Posts: 328

I've personally had 2 cheaters in the past week. First one I managed to actually kill, they were really bad and were speed hacking. Second one i actually gave up, faced a wall cuz i couldn't kill anyone or catch anyone (didn't know they were cheating at this point) and as i'm waiting in EGC the survivor starts hooking and unhooking themself XD - I saved the footage and reported.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,562

Have you seen how bad it gets without the DC penalty?

• MrSlippery

I'm fine with no DC penalities. Doesn't matter which side I'm playing. Just annoying wasting my time, or get penalized.

• MrSlippery

Small price to pay for the devs not fixing their game

• BradQuackson
    BradQuackson Member Posts: 385

People are saying rampant is overkill, but as a nurse who literally is the tippiest top of the MMR and never loses, I have a cheater every other game, not counting the closet cheaters with things you can't catch like ESP!

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

The game is unplayable with dc pen off even if players are cheating

• illusion
    illusion Member Posts: 885

Devs fix the cheating? Definitely. Remove the DC penalty? Absolutely not.