What's the most annoying killer perk?

Options
patadanaboca007
patadanaboca007 Member Posts: 48

I'm doing this poll because I'm curious to know what players think about killer perks.

What's the most annoying killer perk? 58 votes

Hex: Ruin
8%
List_of_concernskonchokChurchofPigRipleyTheTomosaurusRex 5 votes
Hex: Devour Hope
5%
teslaDRSPHILAItsJesseFFS 3 votes
Pop goes the weasel
8%
ValikIdontknowtbhNoName4Nathan13Mystaira 5 votes
Hex: Hanted Ground
5%
RoboMojoshinobu149MoraFlex 3 votes
Franklin's Demise
27%
CetrenTapeKnotanonymous31337EnderloganYTTatariuglitchboihilapastapatadanaboca007PSPGazgemauchAurelleXendritchBothSidesEnjoyerAraphexDeadSacrificeAkiranaya 16 votes
No way out
6%
That_One_FriendsyainStarrseedGorillaWithAGun 4 votes
Starstruck
5%
KaanacatkillsmouseHeckHack 3 votes
Nemesis
0%
Iron Maiden
1%
INoLuv 1 vote
Other (Comment)
31%
Seiko300musstang62SebaOutbreakAdvorsusNoOneKnowsNovaReverseVelocityHerachi_SakuraAnniehereLuckyLucy1999GuiltiiBubbaDredgeTrickstaaaaaHaunterofShadowsGamerEzraD4M4VR1CKGarlicRicesizzlingmario4Twyla 18 votes

Comments

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941
    Options
    Other (Comment)

In my opinion Corrupt Intervention is really annoying to play against.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    Options

I voted Ruin, because in solo queue with a good killer applying pressure, trying to get gens done with it can feel hopeless (unless I'm running totem build, then it's gone).

• DeadSacrifice
    DeadSacrifice Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Franklin's Demise

I Vote Franklens demise because the AMOUNT OF TIMES OF BROUGHT A OVERPOWERED ITEM WITH OVERPOWERD ADDONS AND I GET HIT AND IT GETS DROPED TO THE GROUND AND DIES I JUST WANNA BE MEG WITH A FRICKING FLASHBANG!!!

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    Franklin's Demise

I hate Franklin's Demise. It's one of the most annoying perks to go against.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I'm a killer main so I have no opinion. But generally speaking people hate losing things they've gained, so I can definitely see why Franklin's Demise would be the poll leader.

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Killer perks aren't as universally hatable as Survivor perks are because it's less about the perk itself and more about the killer it's ON, and this is also affected by the add-ons they use as well.

Right off the bat, I can't really bring myself to remember a specific time where I thought "if this perk didn't exist, the paradigm for gameplay would be shifted DRASTICALLY"

Anti-heal / [negative effect] while injured perks can be especially annoying on killers with abilities that benefit from you being injured or keep you injured, IE Oni / Plague / Legion

Aura Reveal / Tracking perks can be especially annoying on stealth killers that benefit from knowing where you are at all times and can more easily and effectively approach / sneak up on you from unexpected angles or just in general without you knowing (this is a bigger issue in solo Q than it is in SWF however). IE Ghostface / Wraith / Pig

Chase perks can be especially annoying on killers with already strong chase tools, because this just amplifies and enhances how strong they are in 1 v 1 chases, IE Pyramid Head / Huntress / Nemesis

And so on and so forth.

After a bit more thought, the only perk that I can think of which may fit this "universal" criteria where it is universally annoying no matter what killer it is on is NOED. (And probably the reason I didn't think of it immediately is it's not even listed amongst the friggin poll options for some reason...)

I take ZERO stock in the idea that "just cleanse every single totem" is a legitimate counter to NOED, when you have to factor the realm, the location of said realm, the RNG within said location (and the RNG which just permeates every aspect of the game from the very start including apparently matchmaking), and then the killer- their powers, their perks, how much pressure they're applying at any given time / are they winning or not (if they ARE winning rarely do you have time to wander AKA look for totems), your teammates / their perks (in what direction does their build orient them to what playstyle? Are they doing an archive challenge that they are focused on completing? How competent / experienced are they? Do they care about totems at all?), the mere existence of boons which eclipses nearly any and every reason to cleanse totems at all (including NOED), and on and on and on.

No, I sincerely do not believe cleansing every single totem is a realistic expectation in most matches (ESPECIALLY if you are a solo). (Been playing since 2016, don't bother trying to cast shadows of doubt on my level of experience).

The problems with NOED have absolutely nothing to do with strength, and they have everything to do with design, rewarding players pressure that they didn't properly work or strategize for is inherently bad design and it really doesn't get much simpler than that. Especially when its only reason for existing is to have an "oh #########- match ain't over yet!" moment (which I personally think perks like No Way Out and Blood Warden pull off a lot better) that's just not proper excuse to keep a perk designed this way.

For Killers, NOED isn't all that great either because it's just not totally reliable. Once NOED is announced to be at play survivors will be crawling all over the map to find it now that there are zero other objectives occupy their focus, and worst case scenario NOED appears right in front a survivor that happened to be standing next to a totem. It's not much better if it appears out in the open for everyone to see, or perhaps in a spot that a survivor has already been to before and remembers. So not only is the perk a failure in design from a survivor perspective, but it is equally a failure for killers, and which is which is dependent entirely on RNG which creates a perk that just isn't fun for the people involved. Which isn't to say a match itself or overall can't be fun, but that the presence of NOED in the endgame closes out most matches on a very unsatisfying note. Survivors have a chance to be wiped by an undeserving and unskilled killer, and Killers have the potential of having an entire perk slot be used and then be wasted when NOED disappears after only one down.

Especially when the alternative is a rework that maintains the integrity of what NOED is supposed to be (one hit downs which provide a killer the last bit of pressure he needs to secure a well fought for victory) with the added stipulation that requires a few conditions be met during the match in order to reap the benefits. IE: a Hook based version of the perk which gives you 30 seconds (values are subject to change) of the exposed effect once a survivor has been hit for every hook you get. Ex: 8 hooks spread across 4 survivors means 4 minutes of exposed status effect, 2 hooks means 60 seconds, survivors will see their exposed status effect depleting along with the timer similar to MYC. In exchange NOED will no longer be made a Hex: Perk, and therefore makes it far more consistent seeing as you cannot cleanse it ahead of time, and you would not be able to stumble upon it after it has come into effect.

I don't see how this is an unreasonable ask.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    Options
    Starstruck

Starstruck the amount of people that fall for this blows my mind when it's trickster.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
    Options

noed but none are strong not even noed... noed is just boring it lets you get 1 or 2 downs for free and there isnt really much you can do since it often takes a min to find the totem

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 3,186
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Tinkerer.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
    Pop goes the weasel

I hate when my gen is soo close to being done and POP

• Herachi_Sakura
    Herachi_Sakura Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Noed

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Spies from the shadows. The amount of times it activates, just for you to go over there and there's nothing there. It's like having a dog that barks at nothing at 3 am lol

Also devour hope, but not for the reason you think. Because every time you bring it, even if you have a full hex build, it's always the first one that goes. Every. Single. Time. 🙄

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Scourge Hook.

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Other (Comment)

NOED!

I'm not fully against the perk but it does annoy me when a killer could get 0 hooks all game and gets carried by NOED at the end. They end up raising their MMR and go against teams they shouldn't be going against.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Pop goes the weasel

There's nothing more infuriating than having a massive chunk taken out of your hard-earned generator after your buddy is hooked. It's the very definition of insult to injury - which works as a Clown concept, but is still very annoying to play against.

• D4M4VR1CK
    D4M4VR1CK Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Other (Comment)

Probably NOED if I’m playing survivor, but if I’m playing killer… probably Dying Light as it’s a perk that buffs the survivor

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Other (Comment)

NOED, cause now people want totems to stay up so they can lit Boons.

Therefore, more chances of NOED activating god knows where.

Honorable mention to the Pain Resonance + Dead Man's Switch combo.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options
    Franklin's Demise

This wouldn't be my choice if not for it only ever appearing when I have an "escape with x item" challenge selected. It's not like I'm using my rainbow map that much anyway, why do I have to keep track of where I dropped it on top of normal gameplay stuff

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182
    Options

The amount of value Hex: Ruin can provide if it's never broken is astronomical. No other regression or "gen defense" perk even comes close.

There are other perks on the list that are busted af under certain circumstances (PGTW during three gen), but Hex: Ruin unbroken is still has the most potential to be annoying.