Should iron will be nerfed?

Options
Faulds
Faulds Member Posts: 903

Should iron will be nerfed? And how?

As far as i'm concerned, i think iron will is only really problematic against the spirit. That's why i think that iron will should be nerfed: survivors should still have breathing sounds (and they should be heavier than healthy breathing sounds).

Should iron will be nerfed? 68 votes

No, fine as it is
58%
FallenRanger0Seiko300KaanaAven_FallenList_of_concernsMazoobiTaigaanonymous31337GeneralVRoboMojoEnderloganYTMattie_MayhemOGValikTatariuElcopollooh_salutationsFobboadirgeforthedeadReverseVelocityhilapasta 40 votes
Yes, iron will players should have breathing sounds
19%
GibberishMister_xDErasoxAhoyWolfNoOneKnowsNovaGannTMDatFastBoiteslasizzlingmario4drsoontmFauldsPercival_nxsConfig 13 votes
Yes, iron will should only reduce grunts of pain by 75%
13%
MrPenguinGlamourousLeviathanxtr4meN8dogPSPPika_BelleHaunterofShadowsjesterkindyellowguy77 9 votes
Other
8%
TapeKnotlandromatdugmanWishIcouldmainAnchorTeaBennett_They1Them 6 votes

Comments

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options
    Other

Both B and C.

On one hand, iron will could use a bit of a nerf; on the other, Jeff's breathing.

I do really think the survivors should all have the same breathing volume. Playing ace basically gives you an extra perk, but playing feng (for example) basically gives the killer stridor.

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193
    Options
    Other

Iron will should not work while running period

• Elcopollo
    Elcopollo Member Posts: 763
    Options
    No, fine as it is

Survivors are already merely reskins of one another mechanic-wise. They don't have any unique powers or abilities and their "unique" perks become available to everyone as soon as you level them up to 40. Removing uniqueness of even their voices kinda defeats the purpose of having different survivors even more. They shouldn't have the same volumes, they are people, not robots. People react to pain differently.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,118
    Options

Iron Will is one of those perks that genuinely is just too strong, without being sticky to balance because it covers for gaps in the game's flow like DS and BT do.

I generally buy that giving survivors breathing back when they're silenced would be a lot harder than it sounds, coding-wise, so I definitely think making it 75% quieter is a good fix. To compensate... No Mither should get the 100% reduction, because that's a nice compensation for being permanently injured.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541
    Options

I think iron will shouldn't ENTIRELY negate the effects of stridor.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Other

I think it should be 90% instead of 75%. That way it’s still better than level 2 but also would allow Stridor to work.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    No, fine as it is

Iron Will is fine.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options
    Other

well, yes and no.

I do agree with you, but can you really deny that playing as jeff isn't great for your stealth?

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
    No, fine as it is

It's fine to me, it can get me out of some chases but usually, the killer just follows my blood anyway.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    No, fine as it is

Survivors have the right to strong choices of perks. While Iron will is particularly useful in certain situations - it doesn't break the game and can, at many times, become useless.

If survivors want to dedicate one of their precious perk slots to no sounds while injured, they have a right to be able to do just that. Not only is it practical for gameplay, but it also matches with horror movie tropes of 'holding your breath' and what not.

I think the devs should keep a close eye on it, however, as it has some powerful synergies.

• AnchorTea
    AnchorTea Member Posts: 1,015
    Options
    Other

How about a rebalance like this:

"Reduces grunts of pain by 100%. Iron Will activates 5 seconds after entering an injured state. Iron Will lasts about 60 seconds after being activated."

• MoraFlex
    MoraFlex Member Posts: 67
    Options
    No, fine as it is

Hell no. It's the only counter we have against spirit. As soon as Iron Will gets a nerf we can just guess what's going on.

• Kaana
    Kaana Member Posts: 50
    Options
    No, fine as it is

It's been almost a year since they changed Iron Will to counter Stridor, I quite like the change and hope they don't revert it back.

• Percival_nxs
    Percival_nxs Member Posts: 189
    Options
    Yes, iron will players should have breathing sounds

Everyone who said it's okay as it is are main Surviovors KAPPA

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315
    Options
    No, fine as it is

No need to change the perk but how about fixing the silent ground bug that has been around for years.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options
    No, fine as it is

Iron Will, has ALWAYS been fine.

Period.