The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Game Map

I havent seen people talk about this map and its crazy survivor sided layout, but can we talk about how many pallets there are in the map itself? You have a pallet in every drop off location, you have like 2 pallets behind the steps and its just a straight line of pallets and god loops. Its even worse when there are barely any hooks on the bottom level so its just kinda unplayable imo.

Comments

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

its definitely a tough map, that's how it goes sometimes

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

You are not first one who complained about this map and you will be not last one either.

This map is so broken. But i doubt devs will touch it again.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Its one of the most complained maps; at least from the killer side, obvious very little survivors object ^^

The map is often called the "pallet destroying simulator" or joked that it ain't a meat packing plant, but a pallet factory. I never sweat games there, anymore, because it ain't worth the effort.

• NemmyMan3000
    NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 228

Yea, I rarely get the map and when i did it wasnt as bad but the most recent match was hell, I was at the point of just letting them fix gens and opening the gate for them.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

DbD in general has so many broken maps, it's either too big or too many palettes.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,162

Actually, I also throw a fair amount of games there. I can take a few pallets to the face but not thirty something. So if the survivors are halfway decent I sometimes just stand in a corner and watch some YouTube. On this map I got no shame.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

I don't have a problem with it, the pallets are to make up for the lack of any decent vault. Besides alot of the pallets are just worthless

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Maybe some upstairs, but almost all downstairs pallets (if not, all) are god pallets.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Then this map should be scrapped and replaced, trading fair windows to broken palette is pretty bad deal.

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

Pretty sure I counted over 20 pallets there one time.

• MikeyBoi
    MikeyBoi Member Posts: 541

The Game is frustrating only if the survivors are good. If your an experienced leatherface for eg with tinkerer and slowdowns and you go against a decent but not cracked Swf you’ll probably 4k those survivors before the last 2 gens pop.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

The Game has always been full of safe Pallets. Funny enough, people called it a killer-sided Map back then and the gameplay was the same like it is nowadays - run around a bunch of safe Pallets.

It has so many Pallets because it does not have many Windows at all. And those which are there are not really good.

Also, it has breakable Walls and those Walls make some Pallets useless, because they lead to Deadends, unless the Gen next to it is done or the Killer breaks the Wall (which will never happen). So they added a few more Pallets to compensate for it.

IMO removing the breakable Walls and some Pallets would be the right way to do in the short term.

In the long run, I wish they would completely rework the Map and add more Windows to it and make some Pallets unsafe.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2022

Definitely not to the same density it is now. The old Game had some safe pallets, but they were all situated in the corner with the bathroom and workshop - 4 incredibly safe pallets basically right next to each other, hence the name "the room of safety". The rest of the map had fairly average pallets though, almost all of them could either be played around or dealt with quickly, and there were FAR less of them. I'd say the old Game had about 50% of the pallets it does now, and there definitely wasn't any of the forced break "wall" pallets like there are now.

People complained about the room of safety because it was, and still is, quite frankly stupid. So - in BHVR's infinite wisdom - they decided to rework the Game so that EVERY ROOM is the room of safety! Yes, it was undoubtedly killer sided back then because it was an indoor map without windows and about 14 pallets, most of them fairly average. Now, it has about 32, and almost all of them are incredibly strong, and they link into each other! And the addition of breakable walls is ridiculously unnecessary, considering that the map's whole gimmick is sliding walls that open up when generators are completed! It's an incredibly poor map and I despise it.

Sure, you can lose on it as survivor - and I'm sure it probably doesn't even have that high of an average escape rate, because of solo queue somehow managing to go down on the map - but if you're halfway decent and the killer doesn't have some pallet bypassing power, you are basically guaranteed to not go down unless you REALLY screw up.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Hey I'm ok with The Game.....now let's talk about the worst map ever.....RCPD......

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

Oh, wow... When I do play killer, thats one of my favorite maps. Insta-4K.

Same goes for Midwhich and Police Station.

I play better with indoor maps. Wish there were more.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I actually tend to do very well on it if I'm playing plague. I just claim upstairs and the gennies near downstairs, clear the pallets there during the early game and then just watch them despair. Several games have ended with the survivors just giving up and waiting to be sacrificed