One perk you could completely change and why?

Sleem
Sleem Member Posts: 182

The title.

Comments

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

I was about to say dead hard but obliterating DS would make even worse disaster across entire game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,569

Ruin.

Revert it completely.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

Dead hard, if you don't time it well and avoid the attack you become exhausted without the temporary invulnerability or distance. Still a strong effect but you need to earn it similar to lithe or balanced. The abuse of this perk and strength from lack of smart play is horrendous. It's all reward and no risk.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832

either CoH or dead hard

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I would go with Predator- Why... Cause making the Scratch Marks closer doesn't do much If they can't be seen

I do have a few others that can be mentioned...

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited February 2022

If I could, I'd rework CoH. I don't know how, but it should get reworked so it fits the Boon Totem formula of "The Killer is needed for the Boon Perk to work". CoH is the only Boon Perk that doesn't fit that criteria and actively goes against it

• Faulds
    Faulds Member Posts: 903

NOED. I'll change it so it is not a Hex. Then i'll make the killer have to hook every survivor once before the fifth gen pops. If he makes it, permanent NOED... if not, too bad for you. Why? To make endgame builds relevant, while preventing weak killer players from getting cheap downs/ kills.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Gearhead. The new one is an awful perk and debatably worse than the original. Revert it and make it work on all skill checks(including perk related ones) and buff duration to 40 seconds

• Config
    Config Member Posts: 306
    edited February 2022

Dead hard, i would like to make something completely different with the perk, it's no longer an exhaustion perk, but as the name say's "Dead hard" whenever u are within a 8-10-12 meters from a downed survivor this surv gains the ability to completely picks himself up from the ground at 150% of the recover speed (a 50% bonus). By doing this it would still pretty strong but also not so ######### broken and annoying to go against.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270

Diversion

Make it to where you can save people by hitting the killers with the pebble lol

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Too many choices

Fire Up, Gearhead, or Autodidact would be at the top of the list though

• Restrixc
    Restrixc Member Posts: 19

It would 100% have to be Grim Embrace, it's just a really out of place perk. (I get 40s off of gens is a lot to rob from survivors and all but they can just use that time to go hide or do bones and stuff.)

I'd double down on one of its two effects.

A: Generators are blocked for (2/7/12) + (3 * Charges) seconds upon hooking if Grim Embrace is not on cooldown, 60s cooldown. (Upwards of gens being blocked for 24s)

or

B: For each charge of Grim Embrace, increase the time to unhook a survivor by 0.1/0.2/0.3 seconds (Upwards of an extra 1.2 seconds)

I think it'd be a really viable recreation or refocus of the perk. (Of course some rebalances here or there). I just find the perk as of now kinda weak.

• CryptFriend
    CryptFriend Member Posts: 416

I'd say Predator.

Its regular effect is surprisingly detrimental and the option to make something like footsteps louder would at least make it interesting.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

here’s a simple one- I would take away the cooldown from any means necessary.

• CryptFriend

Woah, hey--no taking away my convenient in-game timer! How else will I keep track of time? A clock? Don't be ridiculous, clocks are expensive.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

OK, I see a lot of people wanting to change perks they have a problem with, so I have a different approach (might be unpopular).

I would LOVE to see distressing and beast of prey changed so that the extra blood points are granted as a multiplier after the match, very much like BBQ, but only for their respective areas.

This would greatly help with the grind and at the same it would make playing while running all three perks (which essentially means throwing the game) feel much more rewarding and worth it.

Also would love a 4th BP perk that's not thrill of the hunt, because it always get cleansed very fast.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Blood Echo.

Remove the cooldown and injured condition.

This would finally give killers a strong perk to counter exhaustion perks that rewards a killer for playing well and encourages them to chase more instead of camping or tunneling.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
  • thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I actually suggested a similar change sometime back. Predator making footsteps louder and Lightweight making them quieter.

@topic I've suggested it in the past, make Insidious trigger after a hook. It gives you the undetectable status for 30 seconds during which you can still move around. I think it would be a really interesting perk.

• CryptFriend
    edited February 2022

Honestly, even with how Insidious is abused, I like how it is now. I'm a sucker for theme, though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, heheh...

I wouldn't be at all surprised if your suggestion became a new perk in the future, though.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Iron Will. I hate its design. You should not have permanent silence from being injured, especially when the sounds are already terrible for killer.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446
  • Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

I thought the stridor change was fine, but since Spirit’s nerf I kinda feel that it should be reverted.