The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

i just cant understand why alchemist's ring is the same state as when it was released

This add on is op and this is not to discussion if you think this add on is fine then you are biased.

The add on was released in 2020 and since al least a year everybody and their mothers knows that is op, so why wasnt it nerfed? if nerfing this goddamn add on is so hard use the kill switch or al least change the colors so the survivors have to face this op add on less times, make Compound Thirty-Three purple and alchemist's ring iri. this is not going to fix the problem but al least is going to be something.

btw i am not a salty survivor main (delete swf) i play both sides

TDLR die alechemist ring die

Comments

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

I think it'd be fairer if it gave a big increase to recharge speed upon a successful hit (instead of instant recharge). That would give the survivor just a bit more time.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

You should get your tokens back twice as fast after a hit instead of instantly.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Blight has actually the best designed addons, useful but not too op. The Alchemist Ring is the only one problematic. I agree that if not reworked, it should be iridescent.

• SomberNokk
    SomberNokk Member Posts: 732

Addon is fine.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,045
    edited February 2022

Something costing 1000 more bloodpoints and being rarer in someone's bloodweb doesn't justify it being too good in-game. You could make omega busted Ultra-Iridescent addons that cost 10k points and have a 10% change of appearance in a bloodweb, and it's not going to make anybody think "Oh man, I'd usually be frustrated that I have to face a killer using this super busted addon, but they had to spend a whole 10k points on that! It's not a problem!"

• Haddix
    edited February 2022

Part of Blight's counterplay is distance-making when he's stunned. Compound 33 and Alchemist ring both negating distance counterplay after getting rush hits and while breaking pallets is what makes them poorly designed addons, because he's otherwise extremely fair but extremely strong as well.

I love it when purples and pinks are really strong, but not strong because they straight-up patch out counterplay on a great killer who has a lot of very very fair gameplay.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,881
    edited February 2022

The faster recharge time was a bug. It initially in the ptb increased token regen speed but I guess they forgot to take it out when it came to live?

• Haddix
    edited February 2022

You misread, then. I said distance-making *while stunned.* Him breaking a pallet, whiffing an attack, or getting a successful attack are all times where you CAN make distance against Blight; that time is extremely important because of how w-countering he is otherwise.

C33 is about the right amount of strength for an ultra rare in my opinion. It's a direct upgrade to his basekit and an extremely powerful effect, but not one that is completely unfair or elevates his strength thousandfold.

I cannot agree because it is usable even if you don't Rush a single time in an entire game, but it becomes all the more powerful when you are Rushing and are a great Blight. It gives him a pocket 4x brutal strength on-command with a slight AOE hindering and score event tracking, and his tokens recharge immediately after break. Not only is it extremely difficult to make distance vs a killer that breaks pallets at twice the speed, add in the fact that he also hinders you AND he's Blight, so he can rush at you at 9.2m/s instantly after doing so. It requires nothing, there's no downside, it just gives you ultra pallet breaking when you're already a killer who's really good at catching up after breaking pallets. Given that, allowing him to catch up twice as fast is downright stupid. At the very least, it should consume all tokens upon break, and/or require you to be in a Lethal Rush or on your last Letal Rush, etc. THEN it would be fine, because you actually have to do a little more to activate it, and there'd be more of a penalty. As of now, you can walk around as a 4.6m/s killer, tap M2 on a pallet, instabreak it, and Rush. That doesn't give him any more depth at all.

Also, I think Blight Tag is VERY good. I don't think it's too good, but even against sweatbuckets, it's really really solid. Getting just 2-3 instadowns as a Blight is huuuuuuge. I would say Tag is probably about ideal Ultra Rare strength.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

Probably because it's actually NOT that strong and aren't affecting kill rate that much.

• Haddix

they have already said it is, but they haven't done any change yet because it's "more complicated than changing a number"

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

They don't get rid of counterplay. Breaking a pallet with Compound 33 at 5 rush tokens lets you recover that token just slow enough to where you can't get to a survivor before they're at the next pallet. Alchemist's Ring is the same. Just because the tokens are recovered instantly doesn't mean he doesn't go through the fatigue. It doesn't change how you counterplay him, you just need to play more safe, even if that's dropping pallets early.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851

Why does it seem like every killer you run into has infinite Iri & Purple add-ons?? A killer could tell the lobby has 4 solo que survivors by the way we load in, and still equip them. I’m like “damn try hard, maybe save them for a 4 man??” 😤

• jakubr21
    jakubr21 Member Posts: 173

I do believe that this year they will nerf blights addons and fix hug bug.

• Haddix

in the most ideal scenarios or busted maps where there are pallets 2 meters away from each other, sure. what you're proposing doesn't apply often at all, though.

i used to think the same exact thing when i hardcore mained him for half a year, though.