The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

how do you deal with killer hitting you on hook ?

playing against this nemesis today , he kept hitting me on hook and facecamped me on 5 gens , my 3 teammates escaped and he only got 1 kill , when i asked what's his problem he said that he got bullied by a 4 man swf last game , should i have just DCed , how would you deal with this ?

Comments

• Araphex
    Araphex Member Posts: 696

I laugh and tell myself "someone's mad". Then I wither wait for a rescue or I just laught to my death.

Since I'm on Xbox, I don't have an end game chat. However, if I see the killer is also Xbox player, I message them GG with a heart and smiley face emoji. If they respond back with "U MAD BRO?!", then just block them.

Finally, start next match and move on. Some people are just sad and unhappy individuals. Others just blowing off steam. One actually admitted to being a 13 year old player. I'm an adult and it would be very wrong for me to get peed off that a 13 year old camped me and hit me on hook over and over.

Just laugh it off and move on.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

You don’t unfortunately. You just take it. I understand where the nemesis is coming from.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Just checking my phone hitting struggle skillchecks. Best thing to do is to make those 2min on hook worth for your team

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,287

I would just be like "Oh yes daddy! Harder! HARDER!, Do it again Daddy! I know, I've been naughty, I need to be punished" and hope my teammates are doing gens like they're supposed to.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

See as Killer the only time I would face camp and hit the person is if......your a clicky click member, face it if you clicky click for no reason you will die. You did something to really warrent it ie being a real Meg like tea bagging not respecting me at a player or just sabboing every hook I come too. Lastly and the most grevous thing that WILL get you face camped but get a regular beating while on the hook by me is.......Playing as Ace......I hate Ace so very much....everytime I see that survivor I'm filled with a rage that burns bright than the sun.....ALL ACES WILL DIE BY MY HANDS!!!!

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,559

Take solace in the fact the killer is throwing the game to do that.

• CodeDB
    CodeDB Member Posts: 272

As killer you can...you know....kill them? Maybe hit them? At the very least, you can just leave to another part of the map as clicking a flashlight or rapidly crouching doesn't lock you in place?

How is this comparable at all?

• Carrow
    Carrow Member Posts: 500

I consider it a compliment. I gave them such a good chase that they are super mad, unable to focus on the game. Meanwhile, I'm just chilling and drinking a soda, waiting to get into the next match.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427

It's a strategic move from the killer (makes the survivor frustrated so that if they do get off, they're performing less well). It's part of the game so just get used to it. Don't let it bother you.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Honestly, it's the best compliment you can get as a survivor. It means you probably had a long chase and wasted the killers time significantly.

I honestly had a 5 gen run yesterday, which is rare for me. I got hooked after 3 gens, got hit on the hook, saved, DS'd him, and ran him another 2 gens. Then camped, saved at EGC and slugged until bleed out as my team tried to save me.

Ultimate compliment. Means I was living rent free in their heads and still got to record the game to show my lady. Whom feigned interest.

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

What's to deal with? He can slap you all day on the hook, it won't hurt you any. If anything it just makes it more obvious to your team (or should) that he's going to be facecamping until you die, so they should probably just focus on gens while you keep him distracted with that cute hanging booty that he clearly just can't resist.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

I just sit there and wait until I die or someone tries to save. If killer wants to smack me on hook than so be it.

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025

It has happened to me a few times, and I honestly find it quite funny. Because their goal is obviously to annoy me, but they just look so dumb when they do it so it doesn't bother me at all. And if my teammates get out, it's a victory for me lmao

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I unhook myself on their face, juke him around the basement for 30 seconds, then go into the locker and stun him on the way out, then let him down me and DS him, before finally leaving during the stun, all the while teabagging and clicking on my flashlight.

OK, maybe it didn't happen EXACTLY like that....

• Tranquil_Blue
    Tranquil_Blue Member Posts: 335

Please don't DC, if at all possible. It really just makes everything much worse for your teammates.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

They're comparable because they're both used to be annoying. Just escape 4head and you won't be able to get smacked on Hook anymore

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,152

Turn off sound so I don't hear the constant noise because it's annoying. Laugh because that person is either pissed off at the game or is so sad that they're hoping hitting a body on hook will anger some random. I remember when they removed the sound from hitting people on hooks for like a week and the killers that waste time facecamping hitting someone on hook were so upset. 😂

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869
    edited February 2022

I laugh, knowing that my majestic looping skills triggered this poor manchild so much to a degree he felt the need to continuously slap someone in a videogame.

And in the meantime I just look at a youtube video or eagerly wait for another Sluzzy post to make my day complete.

• oxygen
    oxygen Member Posts: 3,308

Don't care lol, just like tbagging and any of the other things.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I’m a killer main and I don’t get killers that do this. It’s just bullying or sore losing I guess? 🤷‍♂️

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

I just laugh it off and make a joke in the endgame and tell them to bring me some marshmallows next time or that they put their tent up wrong

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    edited February 2022

I do by taking a selfie for my collection.

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

Just T-bag at the gate before you leave…

oh wait

you already do that

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I just sacrifice myself on hook if that happens. I'm not going to stick around just to get face camped.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,302

Everytime they hit me I just say 'Triggered' 'Triggered'

Oh how it feels if you actually make it out alive, its 'insert swear word' lovely

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Honestly I think that pretty much is what they want to happen in that instance. I hang out, so he only gets 1k for the game.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

I sometimes smack certain characters immediately after hooking them once, just so that I don't have to hear their hentai-like scream through my headphones. Just a quick slap immediately after hooking, nothing personal. I just don't want Michaela's scream to pierce my eardrums.

How do I deal with a killer hitting me on hook repeatedly? I rejoice in the fact that he's wasting precious time while my teammates are on gens. He can stand there all game and hit me, it's only painful if my teammates aren't doing objectives.

• Via
    Via Member Posts: 66

I would give an evil laugh for this fool does not know the power I have with extrachance perks. So I start the game waiting and helping with gens (Getting 1-2 gens done) but once anyone gets on hook I go to grab them (being a team player or whatever). So with hopefuly 1 gen done I start chace with this fool named nemisis. I loop and loop and loop droping every pallet with grate persision never getting to far to stop chase but never getting to close to be hit. *A gen gets completed*. We are mid chase him trying to get me, me always seeming to some how doge his attacks. *another gen is done*. And as gussed more looping until finaly BOOM he gets his first hit. But this is fine its ok because right when I expexct it. *Another gen is done* but atlas i get downed even though I have dead hard. And I promptly get put on hook. he shakes his head and starts slaping. BUT WAIT theres a thing called teamates. I laugh knowing that my team will save me but the exit gates get opened and they are gonna leave without me. Now rewind back to when I unhooked that teamate. A smile creeps along my face and... I get off hook for I was running Deliverance. And after getting off I also am running adrenilin so i run and run but somehow he caches up and HAS NOED so he shakes his head this is the end... OR IS IT FOR I HAVE DS so i hit my skill check and run to exit gate (makeing sure to t-bag). And thats how I would counter it.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

I stay on the hook for the 2 minutes hoping my teammates take the hint.