The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

why do killers hit players over and over again on hook?

Ryan489x
Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

It's not going to make me die faster, in fact I'll go as slow as I can when they do that.

Comments

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

You wasted too much of their time in chase usually

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,743

Gives the killer something to do while they camp you into a new and different incarnation.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,462

Theres no need to feel sour

Theyre spending their precious time on you specifically! They could be slugging... hitting some one else on hook... or maybe even the legendary: Playing the Game Normally

You should feel honored!

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,583

Irrational behavior, just ignore it and keep hitting the skill checks.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,163

I only ever hit on hook because it's funny and sometimes in character.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Usually, NM. Some killers do it cause it cancels out the survivors loud as ######### scream when hooked though.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

The last time it happened to me I coudn't stop laughing, thinking how tilted/new this killer must be to BM.

The first few times it happened to me was not fun at all because I was so new to the game. If they're trying to provoke a early death it's more fun pretending to self-unhook and give team some time to do gens.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Because it is part of my charm, kind of like how survivors teabag. It is to express themselves as a douchebag. I need that as a killer too, you know?

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Because it's hysterical

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I don't get that or the teabagging at Exit thing, either one. 🤷‍♂️

• disgust
    disgust Member Posts: 71

they're mad and bad

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Why do people fight in real life...its usually to make a point but its also caveman instincts kicking in lol

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited March 2022

This. I've had a lot of killers BM me because they didn't like that I popped a gen in their face. What else am I supposed to do...? Let them kick it with pop? I've also been treated badly because I looped, stunned them with a pallet, blinded them, etc. The list goes on and on. lmao

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,144

To assert dominance

• Trex_Crazy
    Trex_Crazy Member Posts: 209

I only do it to someone teabagging etc, and that's if I'm not playing ghostface because then I can just do it back(Though even then I only do it if they're the last survivor, Im not about to waste time. and if its a map with breakable walls or a killer who can use their power to farm points then I do that instead). If its unjustified, as in you aren't being toxic so you dont deserve the treatment back, It's just them being childish like teabagging at the exit gate.

• CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

And im sure you're raging on hook while being hit 😂

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

some to get a reaction others because they're mad

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

It's the same as tbagging as a Survivor at an Exit Gate. The person getting BM'd can't do anything about it

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695

Just to be annoying I guess.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    edited March 2022

So all I can say is the reason that I do it.

1. I felt you were amazing in chase (Not holding W and pre dropping) with your mind games and looping so respect pretty much.
    2. Your a Feng and I don't want to here your voice when I hook you.
    3. I want you to die faster on hook (stop hitting skill checks) so I can give hatch to last survivor.
    4. I hate you.
  • I_am_Negan
    I_am_Negan Member Posts: 3,756

I don't hit over and over again that's a waste of time. But if I do hit someone on the hook it's because

1) Someone broke my devour hope.

2) They left someone to die on their first hook.

3) They finished a gen in my face while they were injured.

4) They looked at me funny.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

It's totally a dominance/insecurity thing. Like "yeah! I did this! I have power over you!" Or trying re-assert "dominance" after being clowned.

It's something I see the most at lower levels.

Just last night was playing a match against a Nemesis on my new PC account and the killer was tunneling and camping (and slugging late). And giving every hooked surv a few smacks on hook. And while I was on the ground and one other surv was left alive, that surv ran the killer like a racehorse for an eternity, essentially until I bled out.

Then I spectated and watched the killer continue to get run for a good while before going down, at which point they proceeded to hit them on hook until they couldn't anymore. It was sad, and clearly trying to "punish" the surv for making them look bad.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,883

Though I have to admit I did get a little annoyed with a Boil Over/Flipflopper/Librarian the other night and gave them one smack as the entity was taking them away.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Easy, people with powerless real life

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,430

It is a type of BM.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514

There is an achievement to hit survs on a Hook for 1000 times - don´t you know?

Also for every 100 hits your arms get stronger and your hit recovery is lowered by 0,0001% (joke - just in case...)

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

3 most popular reasons listed in no particular order

1. This player was toxic (E.G. Tea bagging after a pallet stun)
    2. This cancels the rest of their scream.
    3. It's their death hook and they want to relish in their success.
  • kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183

killers love hiting you thats why they want to hit you more on hook so you cant enter dying state

• prion11
    prion11 Member Posts: 361

Hit once on hook if the survivor being hooked has a really annoying scream. (feng)