How do you deal with SWF groups crouching under hooks and using boil over?

BadZilla
BadZilla Member Posts: 467
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

I was trying to test a new killer learning the kit and ended up against a toxic swf with flash lights whenever I managed to down someone they had boil over and the 3 others will crouch under the hook so I can't do anything while I can manage to hit 2 or 3 of them the one I'm carrying will escape they will run away and heal each other and repeat whenever I down someone they will either flashlight save and if you manage to carry one of them they have boil over you will hardly reach a hook then they body block you again it's totally unfair and toxic how there is no feature to ignore survivors and let you hook the one you're carrying even if others are crouching under a hook ? they did it 3 times to me and all of them are good at looping so 4 people communicating against 1 killer and they're good at looping there is no way you can hook 1 of them it's so toxic the game is fair when you play against 4 randoms but this is just too much I ended up disconnecting and the typical answer of injure 1 or 2 is not an answer you can barely move with boil over so you can't hit others easily and then they all escape and they have boons and they heal each other + self care and loops , flashlights and if you slug they use unbreakable or wait under a palette can't carry anyone from flashlight saves and can't hook anyone because of hook blocking , how is this fair at all for killers?

Edit : they also sabotaged hooks which made it even more difficult

Post edited by BadZilla on

Comments

• BadZilla

it's not convenient wasting perk slots just to use iron grasp or lightborn tbh but hitting someone wasted time for the one you're carrying to escape

• randonly
    randonly Member Posts: 456

obviously you won't equip all the perks to combat x or y thing, but don't go thinking that in a normal game you will start early using only slowdown and meta perks. You need to learn and grow to a point where you no longer needs to use these chase/information perks or use a killer that has a lot of map pressure.

• BadZilla

True , you won't be equipped to face swf every match so perks are not a solution

• BadZilla

So you suggest to become so good that you don't need to use slow down and meta perks just so that you can always use anti swf perks?

• BadZilla

I'm not attacking you , I just didn't understand if that's your meaning I mean I'm using full meta perks that's not the issue the problem is that the game was designed for 1 killer vs 4 randoms and swf especially 4 that can easily communicate it's like cheating they can execute unfair strategies to block you from doing the things you need to do as killer including the block hook it's not fair at all but thank you for your tips :)

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Here come the "use mad grit, agitation, and iron grasp" morons. Yeah use an entire build for carrying survivors when they MIGHT be body blocking.

• fixdeadhard
    fixdeadhard Member Posts: 134

So you are learning a killer, you go against a toxic swf and are asking how to deal with them... You already answered your own question. Learn the killer

• BadZilla

Is that an answer lol? I did hit rank 1 killer I know how to play and when it comes to hooking a survivor it's the same for every killer.... You ain't using a special killer ability when carrying survivors I don't need to * learn * a killer to carry and hook a survivor ?? Dude think before writing such an answer .. 3 survivors voice chatting and blocking a hook until their friend you're carrying escapes doesn't need you to learn a killer it's straight out unfair and has no counter

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I specialize in 4king bully squads. That is actually when I have the most fun... Ruining theirs.

• BadZilla

Ofc Bubba is the ultimate anti toxic swf killer of they play toxic you can punish them

• Nippo
    Nippo Member Posts: 3

Just dont pick up when they are near you can keep downing if they keep trying to save, this works as long as the gens arent done, Also if you know where their boon they are very predictable and you will know where they are gonna heal. Also dont waste your perk slots on lightborn or iron grasp you can deal with those teams without

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Slug... Pretend to pick up every so often

They will lose interest soon enough

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I can see that you're obviously a bit annoyed about the whole situation, I can understand very well but you gotta realize that your options against this kind of situation are limited and have already been stated.

The behavior you describe is actually a very silly thing to do (trade several injuries just to have one escape) they usually do this when they feel very safe or very confident and it's essentially a survivor mistake. A bad move.

On a normal situation I would tell you to capitalize on their mistake. Wound them and then drop the downed one just before it can escape, identify the worst positioned one and go for a down and try to snowball from there.

Also be aware of your surroundings. Boil over obscures hooks near you so might be actually walking farther than you need. Even with boil over I can always make it to a hook with plenty time unless I get the down in an extremely bad place (really away from hooks or through multiple doorways).

Other than that you also have to acknowledge the fact that if you really can't chase them effectively at all then they have you outclassed on pretty much every aspect. Maybe it's a poor map/killer pairing or a very bad spot, or they are just far more skilled than you (or a combination) in which case.... Well it's sort of the expected result. Bite the bullet, don't get too mad about it. You are a competent killer but that doesn't mean you can't indeed improve.

One thing that has helped me a lot when I realize that I'm completely outmatched is to forget about the win and just play the chase, take the opportunity to improve against better players.

Or play pyramid head and win every chase once you improve.

• BadZilla

These are swf they know what you're doing if you keep faking pick up eventually the downed survivor will get a quick pick up as soon as you chase someone , communication makes it difficult

• BadZilla

Doing that will let the downed survivor to recover then someone will get a hit to pick them up and they will run away you need to restart the whole thing after another loop and chase

• BadZilla

Pretty good reply thanks for the tips , I played in yamaoka estate which is a terrible map for killers survivors can hide easily as for the swf the problem is that voice chatting it's a network of 4 well coordinated red rank eyes they report every move to each other so basically they can counter every move you do effectively and these are very competent survivors that can loop and dead hard effectively so every time they save of them you're basically screwed again to suffer their toxicity until you Down someone you have 3 players hiding and waiting for you to even try and pick the downed one to flash save him if you're not lucky enough to have a wall near you and as you pick them up you have to deal with boil over and body blocking and they also sabotage hooks I forgot to mention that and DS it's just mental torture I rather disconnect

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152
    edited March 2022

Or do it like me.

After a long Saturday evening of playing killer and encountering such a group back in 2021. They also tried to deny me at every corner. I don't remember if they were great looper or not but i was just mentally exhausted after several hours playing DBD killer.

After 3 blocked hook attempts i just thought, "Okay you want to have fun by denying me at every angle. Then have fun playing without a killer." And simply went into a corner (after standing on a nearby hill and they could still blind me or get points otherwise), tabbed out (so vault spamming or other audio cues stopped being annoying) and fetched me a new drink and went to the bathroom.

Strangely enough i can't remember if they were salty or toxic in chat afterwards.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252

Bodyblocking hooks as survivor isnt toxic. Its risk and reward. And I guess youre a console player, cause otherwise it makes no sense to say Boil Over is unfair. Console issue. Play on PC or live with it. And coms arent unfair too. They dont make players magically better. And in your case I dont even see why coms would change anything. They just knew what to do, and you made it really easy for them.

• BadZilla

sadly that counts as a win for them that they made you rage quit or afk

• BadZilla
  • Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

Not much you can about these, imo. If I can tell early enough what is going to happen I'll drop and try to land as many hits as I can.

But if it's coordinated, not much to do for it outside of running certain perks, but as others have pointed out, it's not fun or efficient to build for maybes. That said, Starstruck is one perk that I could almost justify running all the time, at least on certain killers.

It's not toxic, but it's low skill and tedious af.

Also, since you brought it up, comms is an advantage, always. How much of an advantage it is depends on the skill of the team, but any additional info is an advantage over no info. In the hands of a practiced team that knows how to call things out well, it's like bringing a gun to a knife fight.

• Mattie_MayhemOG
    Mattie_MayhemOG Member Posts: 315

STARSTRUCK

• BadZilla

Correct , I'm shocked how many people are saying comms are not an advantage lol can you believe these people ? mostly they're the ones that can't play solo and every game they play with friends and comms but yeah the gun in a knife fight sums it up

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,893

So much of this game is about info. Saying comms is not an advantage is just laughably absurd.

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Well, we use bt and ds only because you can camp or tunnel

• adirgeforthedead
    adirgeforthedead Member Posts: 424

My only advice would be to slug and let them bleed out. Not that long ago, I had a match where I faced three Boil Overs, three Dead Hards, three Breakouts, two Saboteurs and a Circle of Healing with the Sweat Squad bringing an offering for The Game.

I had to end up slugging the four of them and letting them bleed out because there was no possible way of getting them hooked -- especially as bloody Deathslinger in that horrid map. If they want a torturous match, give it to them.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

Never hook unless the other survivors are injured.

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772

Survivors have 16 perks that can be syergized as a team. Killer has 4 perks. BT and DS are infinitely stronger then those meme perks I just listed above for killers. BT and DS can carry you to an escape completely on there own.

• Restrixc
    Restrixc Member Posts: 19

All I can say is either

A: Basement o'clock

or

B: Slug central (Until your confident you can get a good hook)

Just keep messing with em' by doing stuff they can't counteract. They'll slip up eventually. As long as you don't give them a chance to catch you slipping up, you'll probably do fine.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Iorn Grasp isn't a waste of a perk slot and Lightborn only is if they have one flashlight or less.

Iron Grasp has kept many of survivor from escaping from my grasp. Also hitting someone who is blocking the hook isn't wasting time, your removing a obstacle I'm your way of the hook.

• BadZilla

Well considering going from point A to B takes a lot of time with and without boil over as soon as you reach a hook you already have like few seconds left before the survivor escapes and when another one is crouching under a hook you will waste time trying to hook him if it didn't work you need to hit the one blocking you and they usually escape after 1 hit but then it's too late the few remaining seconds for the other survivor you're carrying already passed so you're screwed either way

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

STOP, slug time! They'll tell you you'll be banned for it but, turns out, that's not the case.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I love Third Seal, and Knock Out.

Oh you thought you could bully me? Lay there till you learn your lesson.

Oh you thought you would get them up? You're blinded till you find my totem, and lay there till you learn your lesson.

Oh you thought you could use information perks to find my totem? Not if you're blind.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

Those are weak people trying to exert some sort of virtual authority over you.

If I face a sabo or troll squad, I'll slug them all and watch a quick YouTube video.

Sometimes, if they're particularly egregious, I'll slug them all and then drop one so they can get their friends up. At that point, it's back to YouTube or to wander around the map aimlessly - If they ask why in end game chat.... "Game was too easy/boring, so I went to do something else. Didn't want you guys to lose out on points, as it seems you're new at this skill level, so I stuck around. Good luck next game, though!".....Absolutely melts their minds, almost every time....I wish I was joking ;3

• BadZilla

The game is already hard enough for killers and gen rushing is a huge problem too so you can't just bring these perks instead of meta perks sadly

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340

Stop going for hooks.

If they want to crawl on the floor for 4 minutes that badly, do the right thing and help them get there.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

Doesn't bother me, literally hit them and carry on with the game, it's funny to see how tilted people are getting in here when it literally gets them injuries on survivors.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,027

Have a build ready for when you start seeing it especially if all 4 survivors pop into your lobby. When ive ran into these teams ive found that Agitation Bloodecho Starstruck and Sloppy Butcher really makes these teams stop playing like that as you want them exposed and bleeding to chain downs together quickly. This build unfortunately doesnt help with any gens but giving survivors exposed status is key even some killers have addons that apply this as well. It just takes practice as well as looking at a wall so your pickup animation doesnt get locked for a flashlight save if your not running lightborn. Just remember exposed is the key as they get get one shot down even when uninjured and good luck I hope I gave you a few new tips.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I'd imagine that some killer players, particularly new/weaker players, view it as deviating from intended gameplay in order to 'take their fun' out of the match/grief.....Similar to how some survivor players view being camped/tunneled/slugged/not getting 3 hooked as a deviation from intended/fun gameplay.

Of course, expecting anything to go a certain way in this game is silly, but a lot of people do queue up with such notions in mind.

In the interest of honest discussion, I will admit that, personally, squads like this are rare to come across and shouldn't be seen as a priority issue (my opinion, of course). If we're being super honest, most teams, even VERY good teams (compared to me, I mean....I'm not super but I can only speak to my own experience) lack the co-ordination and/or skill combo needed to make me feel like I 'need' to slug.

Your attitude, though, especially if carried to other aspects of the game, is both simple and ideal - props.

• BadZilla

you know that toxic bully squads usually use unbreakable to each time one of them will recover and help the others and going afk you won't know it

• psionic
    psionic Member Posts: 670

How do I deal with sabo swfs? Honestly, in the times of Circle of Healing, I don't know what to do, sorry. Since this perk came out, I honestly did not find out how to counter a lot of survivor's strategies, including these sabotage omnipotent squads. I need to relearn the game, or maybe I was always bad.

It seems like they can do everything without being penalized and it's a total loss-loss situation when I play Killer, no matter what I do.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

Then that's why you use Iron Grasp. Makes Boil Over a moot point when they can't easily break free. Using Starstruck will also keep them away from you because they don't want to get instant downed. The only time I ever had a survivor escape my grasp while using IG was when they ran to a dead zone with no hooks or I let them break free because I accidentally knocked over someone who was just unhooked.....I don't tunnel off hook and if that happens I pick them up and let them escape.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

All 4 popping in is no longer a reliable indicator for anything. They changed how lobbies behave once a killer dodges or when they wait for a long time.

I know since i check profiles (because one numbnut always does not ready up and I get bored during the minute waiting time) and not even half of the lobbies that plop in all at once are full swf.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889
    edited March 2022

I kinda agree but i want to add that BT isn't that strong. Waiting out 12 seconds isn't that hard and from my experience, especially when they want the BT hit and bait it, they often don't make it to a strong window or pallet. You can also grab them at windows or pallets when they have active BT, many don't know that.

I don't even use it anymore as survivor, because killers are so used to it that they just wait out the 12 seconds everytime and then hit. Or they go after the unhooker. It's effect lies mostly in it's pure existence.

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

They can be quiet rough (i especially hate Shadow Step) and CoH will always have its use, even if you have a 1-hit killer like Bubba (just run straight to Boon after getting unhooked and waste no ones time).

BUT you can do your best to give them less value out of it:

• obviously stomp it whenever you're near it. Most survivors don't run totem perks, so they always go to the same totem to bless it
    • "hit & run" is dead, you have to chase till you down them. Breaking chases often plays in their hands. Doesn't mean you should chase for 3 minutes while gens pop, but i learned to chase a little longer when i hear the boon noise
    • 1-hit perks like Starstruck, Devour, MYC, Noed or chase perks like STBFL or Bamboozle are the way to go now, while Sloppy and Nurses Calling are much weaker now
  • deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

I had one game vs a sabo squad that was just frustrating. I was forced to slug and use the person as bait. I killed one and got the Yun Jin opening the gate injured with my demo shred attack. 2k vs sabo squad and I’ll take it. Better than getting completely embarrassed

• spinodemdem
    spinodemdem Member Posts: 56

eh,i dont really mind,if there's 3 survs blocking them,i'll drop the survivor and go for others,thanatophobia value :)