Stop saying you are at the high end of MMR, you literally don't know this

2»

Comments

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

@tru3talent

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

While I do agree that there is no way to definitively know if your in high MMR, I feel like there are some pretty obvious signs if your in high MMR.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

I do that with Clown. With no bottles. And after Bubba cut off Clown's right hand. And left leg. 4K every match. Believe me. I said it on a forum so it must be true.

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

Very simple.

If you 3k or escape far more than you die or get a 1k then you will be climbing the SBMM.

Do we know exact numbers? No but that doesnt matter when the game uses a soft cap of 1900.

If you dont know what a softcap is then basically it's the max mmr the game will use for matchmaking, so even if you're mmr 2500 the game would still class you as 1900 just for matchmaking and lobby times purposes.

Therefore if you win most of your games or a much higher % then you are likely to be high mmr. It's not a complex system like the devs claimed that one stream.

Will some people lie? Sure, but you can usually tell via their arguments and thought process. Even if people knew what they was they can still lie on the forums, people always have with any game.

The SBMM isn't very good anyway, especially for matchmaking and soon enough the high mmr (1900) will be filled with bad players again, even if it's a year it will happen, just like the old system.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

What happens when I lose much and I don't play much, but still match with people who chain chase structures and never caught in mindgames and always bring best perk/addons and sometime outright use cheats.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,900

If you 3-4k a lot, and you start to get the hackers, then odds are you are at the high MMR.

• Dionysus42
    Dionysus42 Member Posts: 427

If we stop "i'm at high mmr" comments, how about also stopping "you obviously have 0 hours as killer/survivor" whenever you don't like someone's idea

• solidhex
    solidhex Member Posts: 889

if you regularly play against players who say in their profiles they're "comp players for team x" or have multiple thousand hours, you can probably say that you have a fairly high MMR value.

But it really depends on the time of day for me. Sometimes in the evening especially i get very random players, but at daytime it's usually always a challenge.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,436

Thank you my friend. I am glad to hear that since I, through my one random, specious forum claim, have single-handedly proven that are there no balance issues at all in the game. 4Ks with an addon less, perkless, bottleless, knife less Clown, all games, every game, after running barefoot through the snow to the trials, uphill, both ways!!!

On another note since I mentioned shoes, why does the Entity have such a foot fetish? Seriously, women do wear shoes.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660
  • CrashMADDS13
    CrashMADDS13 Member Posts: 302

Not to burst the narrative here, but it's easy to tell you've reached high MMR.

When youved 4 KD enough times in a row and start seeing stacked survivors that are all aggressively efficient on gens, master loopers, and bringing only the strongest perks, while making the most out of those perks, you're in high mmr.

It's even more apparent because when you start getting destroyed by those teams you get easier survivors.

I know it's so cool to discredit someone's opinion but, maybe reliase that if you personally don't understand what high MMR is, that doesn't mean nobody understands it either.

That's the most narcissistic ######### I've seen on this website.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

The important thing is that -you- know your invisible number is higher than Mt. Kilimanjaro. Don't ever let anyone take that away from you.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,243

But that's all relative. Which is what people are getting at. What might be efficient survivor gameplay to you might be an easy 4k to someone else. And we don't know the point in MMR where meta becomes prevalent because no data has ever been released regarding it. Losing at a certain point doesn't imply high MMR. It means losing at whatever MMR bracket that is.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited March 2022

As others have mentioned, mathematically its actually pretty easy to end up in a higher MMR than you might expect, the softcap combined with the bad win conditions make it just as easy to fail upwards as ranks were. If players had access to their own MMR in some capacity (even just milestones or something of the like) it would at least be easier to gauge approximately where you're at.

All that said, when people say "in high mmr," it would probably be more accurate to say "playing with high mmr players." While there isn't a direct way of knowing another players MMR, you can often deduce how good or bad a player's general efficiency is on either side. From small stuff like to preserving loops and leaving bad pallets to mindgame, to things like purposely leading the killer away from their map pressure or using perks like pop or DMS in a way that avoids timer overlap. Players who are regularly in high mmr tend to play in a way more refined for their goal, there's a lot more precision and thought put into each action.

Of course without numbers for any of this, people's perception is all down to being able to recognize other people's strategies, but also being honest with themselves about their own.

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

Yeah, that doesn't really account for SWF groups.

even if I play a killer that I barely ever use I still get the pros. and the rank 1's in with ash 4's

I know rank doesn't mean anything anymore but.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

To be fair, the game can/has/will put low MMR players with high MMR ones, especially with its time-over-quality setup. With survivors it doesn't feel AS noticeable as long as 1-2 people can carry the weight, but as killer you really have to know to look for that one person who is a lot stronger than the others. Or just be playing off hours and get nothing but swf's streaming since they're the only ones really playing at the time.

BHVR are afraid to let us know our own MMR because it could create the same elitism that ranks used to carry in conversation. Likewise, they don't want to let us see each other's MMR for similar elitism but also because it would let people dodge when the matchmaking screws them out of a balanced game. The situation wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if they had more factors go into MMR, let killers have individual MMR like they planned, or most importantly not called it "skill based".

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,620

I agree not giving the MMR to players is the best choice. It's not meant to rank us, it's meant to make matches more enjoyable and fair.

Granted, it's a critical fail on that front.

• ObservantOfTime
    ObservantOfTime Member Posts: 209

I can tell when I'm going against people below or above my MMR, but that still leaves me with no clue of my own MMR score. I can only make relational inferences which tell me exactly zilch about my own number. That being said, cheaters once again have the upper hand, since they can actually see their MMR, exactly. I've seen screenshots of hacks that not only tell the survivor exactly what killer / player they're up against, but also their and everyone else's MMR in that lobby. Sure would be nice if we could get any indication of what our MMR score is doing. A simple up / down arrow would suffice, because it's incredibly hard to deduce whether any given match resulted in a raising or lowering of MMR. It's the complete lack of any discernible feedback of a number that goes into some black box and affects my matches that is utterly frustrating.

• Pochoclo
    Pochoclo Member Posts: 15

I personally think that Im in very low mmr, because I often lose more than win (from 15 matches I just won 5, and lose 10, wich means that Im a bad player if Im correct lol)