The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should dead hard be nerfed?

slunder
slunder Member Posts: 247

Should dead hard be nerfed? 104 votes

Yes, being able to press a button to negate a bad play is to strong
77%
LaMupfelGibberishKaanaMiriamGTapeKnotMementoMori_Massacreanarchy753SkeletalEliteList_of_concernsAetherByteskaterinaraemusstang62ElikRougualMrPenguinUistreelAhoyWolfGeneralVRoboMojoGlamourousLeviathan 81 votes
No, it is fine if pressing a button negates a bad play
22%
OnryosTapeRentalspizzaduffyhp90Taigaanonymous31337selflessneaTurtleSushiTVMileena_KahnGuiltiiNotretsamLinusTechofTipsGarlicRiceRBC_RehsuTheBluePugAraphexdrSpockwaSmokeTheScrapperSpicyFriesJamnJellyPetforcesItsJesseFFS 23 votes

Comments

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142

Heck yea I fricking hate that perk with a burning passion its just asking for you to be tunneled

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139

It's not terrible and adds a bit to the chase, but it does offer plenty of ######### moments. Would you all change it or just want it gone?

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I wouldn't word it like the poll does (I've never bought into this line about "it cancels bad plays with a button" being a valid argument) but it is overpowered. In my opinion it should be two separate perks - one that lets you lunge for extra distance but that doesn't make you invulnerable, and one that makes you briefly invulnerable but that doesn't add distance. Both those effects are pretty decent perks, and combining them into a single perk is what makes it kind of OP.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320

Dead Hard is my number two hated Survivor Perk and I often see three or four of them in my games. My main problem with Dead hard is that it is EASY to play against (head bob or viable M2 bait it out, wait for a vault or drop etc) but it is not FUN to play against. I am so tired of hearing "Just bait it out" or other such arguments. I DO, that doesn't make it FUN to do. Sure it'll get a sly grin when it works but more and more people are not falling for the fakes because they KNOW your going to fake and if you DON'T fake then they hit it.

Dead Hard needs to not gain you distance, straight out. So many times have i seen people Dead Hard for a pallet or vault instead of to dodge a hit. "Dead Hard for distance" is a thing and you can't even "play around it" or "bait it out". There is very little you can do as Killer against a "Dead Hard for distance" other than "Just be better at chase then the Survivor" and and even then there are lot of times you can run a chase as tight as you can as the Killer you are playing and still fail because of how the tiles spawned.

• N8dog
    N8dog Member Posts: 541

I find your options to be a bit biased. Clearly you see nothing wrong with its "I'm a bad player so i'm gonna grief." Attributes

• CyberDragoon656
    CyberDragoon656 Member Posts: 960

It's way to forgiving and is allowing survivors to make so many mistakes and still win.

• Lucario576
    Lucario576 Member Posts: 53

Press E and you can be greedy

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

it should give the distance but not the I-frames.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746

yes and no they should either make it so you get the i frames or the distance not both...

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

Cause players that use it to become Broken for 90 seconds.

It cannot be activated until made healthy again

It won't be a get out of jail free card - it will turn into a legitimate choice, "do you want to evade this killer if it means you will stay injured for longer... you may not be able to use this power again if you cannot reliably get healed"

It will be taken less often and in matches, used a lot less often too - but it will retain its potency. It's a strong perk that makes incredible plays, but it will need some serious consideration before use, and will punish players that are unwise or frivolous with its employment.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,785

It's OP but not for the reason you list it as.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Dead hard to make me miss a swing? I'm annoyed, but you timed it, read the swing, and got me

Fuck up a loop and use it to make it to the window whether I'm even within range or not? Thats ######### dumb.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,430

Nerf it.

• Advorsus
    Advorsus Member Posts: 1,033

It just needs the distance removed. The problem with the perk is having so much at the press of the button. Add in the fact that there's so many perks and other game mechanics you have to play around as killer, but very few that you have to actually bait out or play around as survivor.

As killer you have to play around; DH, DS, BT, unbreakable, Sprint burst, head on, boil over+body blocking, body blocking in general, 360ing, flashlights, adrenaline, soul guard, boons, ect.. Almost all of which outside of unbreakable, they can use multiple times a match.

As survivor you have to play around maybe them having NOED, which is just cleansing totems to completely getting rid of it before it activates. Ruin, which involves either just committing to the gen or just cleansing 1-2 totems if they have it. And then DMS and pain resonance, which are both literally just countered by just letting go of the gen before they hook someone. Most of the perks that you have to play around as survivor are all hex perks that can simply be completely removed from the match.

• Notretsam
    Notretsam Member Posts: 129

nothing wrong with dead hard, the problems in this game is the massive amount of pallets on maps, boons being overpowered, survivors being able to juke faster than you can swing, SBMM being no fun for anyone, survivors needing more tasks to do, hacking, survivor play is just super easy and comfortable. dead hard is and has never been a problem, the game was more balanced then people wouldn't have an issue with dead hard.

• TurtleSushiTV
    TurtleSushiTV Member Posts: 156

No issues with it, as a Killer main i quite actually enjoy it. It's that cat and mouse game of will they won't they.

• Uistreel
    Uistreel Member Posts: 634
    edited February 2022

When used correctly, Dead Hard is essentially an extra hit for every chase with every survivor that runs it. If it takes 2 hits to down someone normally, now it takes 3. Every chase. If one survivor runs it that's would-be 3 successful hits deleted. If all 4 run it, that's 12 would-be successful hits deleted. That is stupid.

• FlameGNG
    FlameGNG Member Posts: 746

lol being patient counters most of those things dead hard can cost you way more time on some killers than others. lets say you play blight and dude does a auto deadhard pretty much cheat level well thats 5 rush tokens gone which takes several seconds to charge up again... nurse you do 2 blinks dead hard well wait for ur charges again. huntress... well now you gotta wind up another hatchet, deathslinger enjoy reloading again, TWINS ENJOY WAITING 20 SECODNS TO USE VICTOR AGAIN.

• tesla
    tesla Member Posts: 446

Yes, instead of having invencibility frames, it could give "very reduced hitbox" frames

• MrCalac123
    MrCalac123 Member Posts: 1,147

Worst designed perk in the game, literally just a free health state.

• pizzaduffyhp90
    pizzaduffyhp90 Member Posts: 901

No it doesn't need a nerf I think people are just over reacting to the perk. It's not that big of a deal I've seen many players who've had dead Hard but, still go down pretty easily.

• spinodemdem
    spinodemdem Member Posts: 56

Though easy to counter,still annoying,if i had the choice to nerf dead hard,i would make half the dead hard the inf frames

basically,when a survivor dead hards half the distance,they can still be hit,and be exhausted on the ground

• MoraFlex
    MoraFlex Member Posts: 67

Interesting formulation of the answers. Sounds a bit biased.

Anyway, dead hard is fine the way it is. There should still be a QOL feature to turn aim lock on/off, I'm often disoriented when a survivor uses dead hard.

• List_of_concerns
    List_of_concerns Member Posts: 182

It's so ridiculous that it should just be reworked, disabled, or deleted.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Yes I think it should be nerfed but I disagree with your framing of the response so I can't answer.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866

I think it should have a small chance of failure to proc built-in.