The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SBMMR Seems to be actively carried across all killers

Munqaxus
Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

I've been noticing that it seems as if SBMMR has increased across all my killers when I actively was playing 1 killer. So killers I had established a baseline with already, after play 1 killer exclusively for a while, then going back to a killer I was playing badly with, it seems as if that killers group of survivors is much much better than when I play that killer last.

That's kind of a weird way to implement SBMMR if that is the case.

Comments

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,463

theyve already said that your MMR is still gonna have a set value across all killers, just because you never played Wraith but youre a god Billy, doesnt mean you dont know how to play killer at all

Yes it is dumb, simply because its MMR and ######### MMR

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169
    edited March 2022

To my knowledge, that is exactly how it is "supposed" to work.

Basically let's say Level 0 is brand new noob killer who has never played before and Level 100 is God-mode. If you are Level 100 God-mode with every killer except for Bob the Builder, when you go to play as Bob the Builder, it doesn't have you at 100 but it also doesn't have you at 0 either. I don't know the exact numbers (and I don't believe BHVR has ever stated exactly what it means) but the assumption is that if you know how to play other killers, you still have a baseline skill of some kind with killers and therefore your lowest ranking would be like...50 instead of 0.

Whether it's fair or not (which granted, for many killers the basics are indeed the same but like...I have no idea how to play Nurse and I am almost certainly never going to learn since my "base" ranking is always going to put me up against at least decent survivors), that's how BHVR sees it.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

From what I've understood, each killer would have their own SBMMR but there would be a baseline set for killers you never played, from ones you have. But, it seems like that baseline is also across killers you do play.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I think the MMR has a baseline for you as a killer in general but also a modifier that goes up or down as well for each individual killer. So when you win both your baseline and your killer specific modifier increase, for example. So if you a lot of a particular killer and win a lot your baseline would be increasing on everybody else, though not as quickly as if you were winning with them directly.

I’m vaguely recalling that though so I could certainly be wrong. 🤷‍♂️

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

MMR should be individual to each killer. If a killer can smurf that way, oh well. It's not worth making the game worse for everyone else who isn't intending to do that.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,657

For what I understand all of your killers will be about 200 mmr lower max from your highest rated killer. So while each killer does technically have there own mmr values they are so small that it doesn't actually make a difference.

Plus you know matchmaking so mmr is pointless.

• Ooga
    Ooga Member Posts: 33

It makes buying a new killer and building up her perks a real frustrating experience.

you may not even get gen slow down perks till after level 50. That can be a lot of games against strong survivors without perks to help you

• buzzaman
    buzzaman Member Posts: 119

Yes it does and that makes sense with certain killers: If your Trapper MMR is maxed, its very likely you will be able to play killers like Pig or Wraith at similar MMR.

It doesnt make sense with all killers though. If I have a 1900 MMR M1 killer, I wont all of a sudden be able to play Nurse or Huntress at that same MMR. That is definitey something they shouldve thought about

• Lucent
    Lucent Member Posts: 209

ok. so why are killers still locked in lobby then? that was their excuse for doing it....

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

Not exactly but really close. Let's use your comparison.

And before I begin, i am not sure if they not also implemented placement mechanics from stuff like lol or online chess where in this metaphor you would start with every killer at level 50 and get placed closer to your real skill only after playing a while.

So let's use your construct.

We imagine you start with all killer at zero and play exclusively bob the builder. Once you hit level 20 all other killer are still at level 0 but then at level 21 the catch-up mechanic, well, catches up and suddenly all other killers are at level 1. Then at 22 all other become level 2 and so on.

Until you eventually reach level 100 by only playing bob the builder while never touching any of the other but they still got also to level 80 because there level is dragged along.

This is done because overall killer gameplay knowledge transfers from one killer to all the others, like map knowledge, looping mechanics and so on. Just like survivor gameplay is always the same with the only real difference being the map played and killer versed. Only that killer mechanics have in my eyes a way bigger impact on the individual gameplay (a reason why I think killer is way more demanding than survivor in terms of time needed to master IF you don't main one killer and play all at the same time).

• EntitySpawn
    EntitySpawn Member Posts: 4,233

So each killer does have their own MMR rating, however they can also share MMR ratings.

So if you have never played any killer before all your killers will be placed at X MMR rating, this is not 0 and is actually higher as the devs didnt want the ability of being good and beating bad players for a long time.

However if you have played just one killer (can be any) then all the other killers will gain a similar MMR rating to the one you have played minus a small amount. So if you have only ever played nurse and are max MMR nurse all other killers will be placed high too, (example: if nurse was 2000MMR, other killers could be 1700MMR even if you have never played them)

Big issue imo, it's why I'm hoping MMR naturally declines or forsnt share as much

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

No reason as to why it's locked.

In the end your MMR will be ignored to matchmake with anyone and your highest MMR will be used for every killer with -300 or -500 MMR rank or smth.

The whole SBMM doesn't let you play as Artist or Onryo with newbies, you get the same survivors you'd see as Trickster or Pinhead.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

I would test it on an alt if the matchmaking wasn't loose. Any discrepancy can kind of just be explained away by that.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

That's true.

I did sort of experiment with this twice.

I played two Nemesis games. Both were versus a good 4-man SWF. They pushed me, but I got a 4K both times.

I bought Pig. Immediately queue'd, instantly found a lobby. Same team. Played it out, lost horrifically, no surprise.

I bought Freddy. Immediately queue'd, instant lobby. Same team, played it out, lost horribly.

If there is individual Killer MMR, it means very little.