Showing the killers name before the match starts

Options
I play ps4 survivor/killer

It seems to have become a bigger trend for people to dc as killers when all gens get completed or a door gets opened before anyone can escape. Too coincidental for it to be killers games are crashing.

We wouldn't know if this person does it the first time we play against them but I think seeing a name before the match starts and it belongs to the name we saw at the end of one of those unfortunate matches would allow us to steer clear to better killers.

There's nothing gained when this happens. If a survivors lucky they may get their item back or they lose it (plus add ons) along with the points and wasted sacrifices.

I don't believe the reporting system works or the devs care and though those type of killers are sad I don't see a point in shunning them from a game they enjoy playing.

Not knowing makes people assume when they run into similar playing killers that this might be the person that quit and survivors start ditching. That screws the rest of us over that just want to play the game. Its a dumb loss on both sides.

Comments

• flipboi001
    flipboi001 Member Posts: 22
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It wont stop anything. People will leave, surv and killers do it when they get butt hurt about something. Just gotta get used to it in games that you have to play with others, sadly enough.
  • cookiedal
    cookiedal Member Posts: 23
    Options
    I wouldn't mind if we didn't lose points. 
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

No. the killer has had a great hatch disadvantage for years now, and perks being told to the SWF party once someone dies like tryhard trash.

No.

• Unnamed_Freak
    Unnamed_Freak Member Posts: 570
    Options

You're basically suggesting a way to survivors lobby dodge.
    Killers already lobby dodge a lot, making so that survivors are able to do it would kill the game. Since this community has a lot of butthurt babies.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Delfador said:
    No
    Survivors should not see the killers' name.
    Killers should not see the survivors' name.
    I think that killers should not even see the survivors' outfits, just items so that they can equip perks etc.

So much this and also just show character names above the survivor and everything else is hidden.

• cookiedal
    Options
    Delfador said:

No
    I think that killers should not even see the survivors' outfits, just items so that they can equip perks etc.

That's a better balance than what it is now. 

Unnamed_Freak said:

You're basically suggesting a way to survivors lobby dodge.
    Killers already lobby dodge a lot, making so that survivors are able to do it would kill the game. Since this community has a lot of butthurt babies.

Its a better option than playing a full game and the killer decides to clock out on everyone. Time waste prevention. 
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options

Ahh, the good ol' "Allow us to do the wrong thing that they did first."

• cookiedal
    Options
    Boss said:

Would you play a game with a killer or survivor that dc's constantly in the matches after being aware of who they are before the match starts?
  • My_Dude
    My_Dude Member Posts: 132
    edited January 2019
    Options

No.

Post edited by My_Dude on
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    cookiedal said:
    Boss said:

Would you play a game with a killer or survivor that dc's constantly in the matches after being aware of who they are before the match starts?
    That's why they ban people that disconnect to much.
    Oh wait, consoles... 
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
    Options

No.

• powerbats
    Options

@Tsulan said:
    cookiedal said:

Boss said:

Oh wait, consoles... 

Blame the greedy misers at Microsoft and Sony mainly Sony since Microsoft has probably agreed to it but Sony's being greedy/Scroogy probably still.

• Boss
    Options

@cookiedal said:

No.
    But just because you and i wouldn't doesn't make it right to do though.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Delfador said:
    No

So much this and also just show character names above the survivor and everything else is hidden.

Why should a killer be unable to dodge troll groups?

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options
    powerbats said:

@Tsulan said:
    cookiedal said:

Boss said:

Oh wait, consoles... 

Blame the greedy misers at Microsoft and Sony mainly Sony since Microsoft has probably agreed to it but Sony's being greedy/Scroogy probably still.

I do. That's why I stopped buying consoles. 
    Consoles were great, back when it was plug and play. Now you have to create a account, download a patch, restart, agree user licenses, download the next patch, etc.

I have a ps3 and wanted to view a BR. I had to download an update because otherwise It wouldn't let me play the movie. 

This was the last nail.
  • powerbats
    Options

@NoShinyPony said:

So because they have bright clothing they're troll groups, well might as well just kill the game off since heaven forbid people buy cosmetics in the store.

I mean people buying bright and funky outfits in the store is what helps keep the company going and adding more stuff. But since you don't want people to wear bright outfits or bring any items people should just stop playing.

There your problem is solved now since the games dead you won't ever have to worry about facing a possible troll group. Let alone any groups that might actually challenge you to play your best but hey I hear Hello Kitty doesn't have troll groups. 😜

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570
    Options

@powerbats said:

@NoShinyPony said:

So because they have bright clothing they're troll groups

Who said that? I don't mind bright clothing at all and don't consider a group trolls for wearing these clothes.

@powerbats said:

@NoShinyPony said:

I mean people buying bright and funky outfits in the store is what helps keep the company going and adding more stuff. But since you don't want people to wear bright outfits or bring any items people should just stop playing.

You are totally missing the point of the discussion.

@powerbats said:

@NoShinyPony said:

Let alone any groups that might actually challenge you to play your best

Who said anything about normal very good groups? I was talking about troll groups.

When a killer sees a troll group they faced before, they can dodge the lobby. Why do you want to force a killer to play against that group again?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You can see the killer’s name on PS4.

Once you find a game, go back to the PS4 menu > Friends > playing now > and you’ll find your game session. You can see the killer’s name there.
  • Dehitay
    Dehitay Member Posts: 1,725
    Options

@cookiedal said:

You lose points for this on console?

• Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155
    Options

About the DC, GTA 5 has interesting solve for that - they connect you with the same type of people - you dc much ? They put you in a group with other people who dc a lot. I think this gives a lesson, when it turns your bad sport behaviour against you.

The only reason why I prefer the killer to see my name is that sometimes they ask me to help with killer daily ritual and I don't have any problem with that, neither with farming.

If you block someone in PS account, does it prevent you from meeting that person in the game ?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161
    Options

If I remember right, don't you lose all earned blood points if the killer DCs at any point in the match? Seems like it's punishing the victims of the situation. They should probably fix that. Also adding more of a punishment (like a wait between DCs) would also help to discourage DCs.

I honestly don't think cherry picking would be as much of an issue as some thinks. There may be some that dodges for all the good killers, but it could also help with not facing someone who heckles and trolls you or cheats/DCs. If someone dodges for easier matches, they're just not gonna get as many matches. I don't think it'd affect people who are reasonable.

• cookiedal
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    cookiedal said:
    Boss said:

Oh wait, consoles... 
    Exactly consoles different apparently 

Boss said:

@cookiedal said:

No.

True but as wrong as it is. The only one losing points is the survivor. Killers get pts when survivors quit. 

Dehitay said:

@cookiedal said:

You lose everything. Sometimes, rarely items stay

I enjoy challenging killers. It's fun. I don't even mind campers. I mind the Host (killers) breaking the match and wasting my time. It already takes forever for matches to start. 

Games averase 10 - 20 minutes and that time gets thrown away along with your stuff.
  • cookiedal
    Options
    Tsulan said:
    cookiedal said:
    Boss said:

Oh wait, consoles... 
    Exactly consoles different apparently 

Boss said:

@cookiedal said:

No.

True but as wrong as it is. The only one losing points is the survivor. Killers get pts when survivors quit. 

Dehitay said:

@cookiedal said:

You lose everything. Sometimes, rarely items stay

I enjoy challenging killers. It's fun. I don't even mind campers. I mind the Host (killers) breaking the match and wasting my time. It already takes forever for matches to start. 

Games average 10 - 20 minutes and that time gets thrown away 
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    I can see toxic messages flowing in pre-game and after. I feel its better to an anonymous killer until after a match is completed. Seeing as many player have a main, it helps to prevent a predictive loadout and killer choice. 
  • Boss
    Options

@cookiedal said:

Which isn't right, i agree.
    So that's what they need to work on, not grant more reasons to dodge.

• cookiedal
    Options
    I can see toxic messages flowing in pre-game and after. I feel its better to an anonymous killer until after a match is completed. Seeing as many player have a main, it helps to prevent a predictive loadout and killer choice. 
    Ah, I see what you mean. That does expose the killer. Id prefer the surprise. It's an endless build up issues. 

Boss said:

@cookiedal said:

Which isn't right, i agree.
    So that's what they need to work on, not grant more reasons to dodge.

I only suggest this cause at the moment nothing is being done. Dodges suck big time but it's a double edge sword with different results. Avoid the dc killer and force others to have to wait or play and risk pts & items with a killer that dc's. 

The devs could take an idea from the game Paragon that made people wait if they quit games. The loading time for them to play increased when they backed out of game sessions. 
  • jordirex
    jordirex Member Posts: 204
    edited January 2019
    Options
    The spanish community and some of the EU comunity know about my huntress. They would stick at gens playing immersive since the start if they would know that it's me. Not interested, immersive survivors are less fun for me.
  • powerbats
    Options

@jordirex said:
    The spanish community and some of the EU comunity know about my huntress. They would stick at gens playing immersive since the start if they would know that it's me. Not interested, immersive survivors are less fun for me.

I play immersive because i don't like playing loop O rama simulator since it's boring to me and I want to take my skills and pit them against the killer in a mind game. It's a game of who's the sneakier and more devious person and who can out think and outmind game whom.

@DocOctober is like that when they play killer and I'm the same way for both sides, I want a challenge not a merry go round.

• BoxingRouge
    BoxingRouge Member Posts: 606
    Options
    Hold down the PS home button and go onto the quick menu and then go to currently playing with, and there you will see the killers name, have a nice day.
  • Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    Options
    You can see the killers name in PS4, the PS4 shows you who you are in game with.

• DocOctober
    DocOctober Member Posts: 2,230
    Options

@powerbats said:

@jordirex said:

I play immersive because i don't like playing loop O rama simulator since it's boring to me and I want to take my skills and pit them against the killer in a mind game. It's a game of who's the sneakier and more devious person and who can out think and outmind game whom.

@DocOctober is like that when they play killer and I'm the same way for both sides, I want a challenge not a merry go round.

I'm not a Killer main, so I'd correct that to I'm like that when I play both sides.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    No, I suggest exactly the opposite: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/42043/players-names-should-be-hidden-until-the-trial-ends Too many dodgers and toxic people: the anonymity is what we need to restore a good gaming atmosphere.
  • Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    Options

Sorry but imagine the amount of actual toxic survivors that would try to message the killer like "hey man lets farm"

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

@Entità said:
    No, I suggest exactly the opposite: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/42043/players-names-should-be-hidden-until-the-trial-ends Too many dodgers and toxic people: the anonymity is what we need to restore a good gaming atmosphere.

Anonymity is what drives people to be #########. Just look at the Internet.

• Dinaqma
    Dinaqma Member Posts: 35
    Options
    Delfador said:

No

^ this. 
  • Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583
    Options
    Orion said:

@Entità said:

Anonymity is what drives people to be #########. Just look at the Internet.

Look at my thread: that risk is fully excluded, believe me. :)