Will you buy The Onryō (Sadako) when she comes out?

Options
Chocolate_Cosmos
Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459

Will you buy The Onryō (Sadako) when she comes out? 62 votes

Yes
61%
myers_obsessionSeiko300VolantConch1719MiriamGMat_SellabrokedownpalaceHighQualityDonutmaximo99acBartlauskonchokTaigaAvilgusAhoyWolfCornpopers_Evandreamsy10EmealFilthyLegionMainChurchofPigdugmanNathyP11 38 votes
No
38%
GibberishKaanaTapeKnotHorrorcomicnerdmusstang62SaitamfedGeneralVRoboMojo[Deleted User]ValikCluelessbm33EvoctoBoostedKateMainNoOneKnowsNovaHex_LlamaAdjathaBasementDwellerGuiltiiGazgemauch 24 votes

Comments

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
    No

After the NFT incident, I've committed to not spending a single cent on this game atleast for the next while.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    No

Probably not on release, but maybe later down the line. Depends how I feel.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

If it helps in any way: It seems that the Pinhead NFTs are not using the BHVR model after all but the artwork of a completely independent artist. And BHVR seems to be not mentioned on their website regarding NFTs at all anymore.

also iirc BHVR has deleted their twitter post regarding NFTs.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,221
    Options
    Yes

Not that I can afford to straight away, but in theory yes absolutely. She looks fun, and I'll probably grab the actual DLC since I like Yoichi too.

• Bartlaus
    Bartlaus Member Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Yes

I buy every character in DBD whether I like them or not. And I like Sadako even if she is weak. DBD is still my main game and I like to support it, even if I don't always agree with all the devs' decisions.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options
    Yes

Definitely. I like The Ring, I like stealth killers, and I like her aesthetic.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    Options
    Yes

Yes. I purchase every killer / survivor that BHVR releases to support the development of this game. I doubt I'll be playing her much, but I did have fun with her on the PTB.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options
    Yes

This is the first killer I've been excited about in a while. Sadako is who I wanted Spirit to be.

• Ripley
    Ripley Member Posts: 866
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Yes

I will probably buy her as I just want to see how she plays at low MMR. I think she might be some fun despite my bad experience on PTB. It's probably foolish because MM will in all likelihood still be broken, but then I am just a human who wants the shiny new fings, and DbD DLC is cheap compared to some games.

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,545
    Options
    Yes

Stealth killers have always interested me, I genuinely want to scare survivors when I play killer.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,784
    Options
    No

The fact that they originally made the decision to use NFTs is what has me against buying anything for the time being.

Considering how much negativity and backlash they received afterwards, alongside with this info you have provided me, I do presume that they regret their actions and won't make the same mistake in future, however I'm standing my ground just in case.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,529
    Options

Fair enough. I didn’t want to push you to buy anything but just provide the info as I appreciated knowing this because I initially also decided to not buy anything when the NFT stuff was revealed

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options
    No

I have no interest in the source material or the killer's mechanics and the none of the perks seem good enough to build around so this is gonna be a skip from me.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,789
    Options
    No

From what I saw on other people's streams during the PTB, it looks like the VFX would make me sick, so no. :(

• mushicore
    mushicore Member Posts: 5
    Options
    No

Nah. After some drama recently, I'm not comfortable giving the game anymore money currently.

• shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options
  • Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    No

Tempting. But I'll save my money.

I'll buy more materiel from Behavior when they get their act together and start doing good work on their game.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options
    No

Nope, but I did get a free code from a Fog Whisperer stream so that was cool. 😂