Opinions on killers who change the typical DBD gameplay loop.

I'm talking Hag/Nurse or any other you can think of that drastically change how the game itself is played. Personally I love facing these killers as they feel fresh in a sea of either high mobolity then standard chase or short range antiloop. However I would like to know what most people think of them as the first 2 that come to mind for me are pretty hated.

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,212

Nurse is by far my favorite killer to play against. My enjoyment of Hag entirely depends on the intelligence of my teammates.

I think the trope of inefficient zoning/anti-loop 115 killers is super played out and BHVR doesn't need to make any more of them. I get why they keep cranking them out, but it's really stale at this point.

And I get why they don't make more killers like Nurse and Hag. Players don't like learning new things. Or in the case of Nurse, many players don't even understand that it's a new thing they need to learn. They just think there's nothing to learn in the first place.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited March 2022

The nurse is the most boring killer to play against.

I'd honestly rather die on hook fast and leave and go next.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295

I like playing against Nurse and stealth killers. They both actually scare me and this is a horror game. Working on a gen and suddenly I find out GF is around the corner stalking me.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

I like playing against nurse for the most part. The only time I don’t is if it’s stuff like MYC nurse with range, that’s just annoying and unfun.

Hag is my least favorite killer of all of them. She doesn’t chase much which removes the most interesting part of the game and most of them just spam traps at the hook. She’s very non-interactive and usually either wins easily or gets hard bullied without much in between.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited March 2022

Just had my first match against a Hag since like a month, and the game decided to randomly give us Lerys too because why not. She 4ked thanks to noed, but honestly I had much more fun in this game than in others that I had today (nemesis, trickster, nurse). My friends hated it though. I might've had a lot of fun because I was running solidarity/empathy/autodidact/IW which basically countered her hit and run play style while also "countering" the indoor map itself thanks to empathy

I actually don't despise going against nurse, until I see multiple stacked slowdown perks and the use of good addons. Then I'm just gonna roll my eyes

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

I think powers that change the standard gameplay loop is good because it means more ways of looping, both as and against killers. As long as the anti-looping is interactive and gives an equal opportunity to mindgame (the way Blight or Nurse does), it’s good design. Comparatively, stuff like Nemesis is bad design because it’s “M2 for unavoidable guaranteed hit at window/pallet”. There’s not really anything to mindgame, because not vaulting/dropping the pallet means they will M1 you a few seconds later.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I don't hate nurse that much, I kinda wish she had better counterplay or I guess easier to learn counterplay. As for Hag I hate her cause the stupid camera turn.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited March 2022

Hag is not game changer, you can loop her like other killers. If she puts trap, run to next loop. If she puts traps early, she will lose 3 gens at early game. But Hag is strong camper and 3-gen killer if this makes any difference.

They are doing killers like Hag, just look Artist. She is closing loops like Hag. They both have some counterplay, run to next loop. But we will not have another Nurse type killer for sure. Balancing them harder than other type killers.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I think Nurse is unhealthy for the game as she’s what keeps the game from being balanced. That’s just my opinion though.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

According to the forum, and killer that doesn't circle trash is broken.

• ManyAchievables
    ManyAchievables Member Posts: 667

I think Hag is really boring, but at least she's not Killers like Artist, Nemesis and Trickster.

I think Nurse is really boring, simply because she removes most of what Survivors use while barely bringing anything else to the table.

And also, these Killers don't really change the typical gameplay. Generators are still the thing that 3/4 of the Survivors are doing at any point at the start of the game.

I don't think any Killer really changes the typical gameplay. They may alter one part of it, but never really bring a full new thing to play with.

This is actually kind of what I was hoping for with Nemesis, and those rumors of new ways to escape and kill. I was thinking it'd be really cool to see them kind of make Nemesis change what game you're playing, going from DBD to RE: Resistance or something. Just something more than "two ######### AI zombies and oh yeah you need to hold w against this killer because you really can't loop him very well" was what I was hoping for.

The closest we have to a Killer who changes the "typical gameplay", in my opinion, is Pinhead. The box is one of the most, if not the most, unique mechanic we've had in Dead by Daylight. It provides a new layer to generator gameplay since you cannot ignore it and it's not a one-and-done deal like with Pig's RBTs. He also has a chase ability that provides a new thing to worry about in chase, can really neuter your Exhaustion Perks, and takes a fair amount of effort to use while still requiring effort after using it to win a chase (UNLIKE NURSE LOL).

This is why he's my favorite Killer, with stuff like voicelines being really nice cherries on top of a rather fleshy sundae.

• WesCravenFan
    WesCravenFan Member Posts: 2,638

Any Killer that isn't playing Lumberjack Simulator is good in my book. Looping the same tile over and over again is more boring than sitting on a generator.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Hag is notr a standard player imo. If she is chasing you normaly she doesn't know how to play hag. You say if she sets up traps early she loses 3 gens but yes thats the design of her. Hag is never meant to win on 5/4 hell even 3 gens left hag is meant to set up a tight web around the final gen or two gens then map survivors lives living hell.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

(Can't run from pallet ot pallet or dead hard for distance) / 10

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Yeah but CoH is here. Take hit, leave area. Heal. Back. Sit on gen again. Repeat. Game will be long and boring. I don't think Hag is so strong anymore. CoH hurts her so much.

• Friendly_Blendette
    Friendly_Blendette Member Posts: 2,923

Unfortunately I have to agree with that. She still changes the game though even if it is now making her very weak.

• fengminenjoyer
    fengminenjoyer Member Posts: 62

i like playing against nurse cause shes funny most of the time and forces you to play differently when it comes to loops though i dont see her often which is a shame

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379
    edited March 2022

Can you really call her unhealthy and unbalanced, when she's not the problem?

• CharlieChatBox
    CharlieChatBox Member Posts: 258

Hag is indeed a really fun killer to go against when you're looping, and having to path around their traps.

Then they trap your hook.

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

We need much more of them, we need variety, not easy same loop every games.

• Stealthyfeng123
    Stealthyfeng123 Member Posts: 76

Yes bots say that to nurse bc they cant win by just camping pallets and than Hold W for the next pallet haha

Its not even cap only people who cant predict or even slighty understand mindgaming hates nurse