Object is now killswitched

Options

now can we stop giving the dev's crap over them taking weekends off it's turned off.

Comments

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    Options

Yeah it seems people seem to forget they aren't handcuffed to their desks and have a life outside of coding and designing the game it's a shame we've gotten to this point I agree.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Technically we can still give them crap for taking weekends off because they waited for Monday to kill it.

🙃

• Moxie
    Moxie Member Posts: 806
    Options

They have a PTB, for 2-3 weeks and push content to live without proper testing.

Idc about them having weekends off. Everyone deserves days off.

I care about a proper product, I paid for, working properly with a game I also paid for. This is getting absurd. Every Chapter is like a Willy Wonka Glass Elevator of bugs.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607
    Options

I think people do have a right to rip them a new one when their product is basically non-functional for an entire weekend. They should have gone back into the office immediately to fix it. I've played plenty of games where a major issue occurred during a weekend and in none of them did the devs just leave the game in a state of non-function for days. Usually it would get fixed within hours.

There are plenty of jobs out there where you might get called in on your day off due to some sort of emergency.

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

Where did you hear this from? One of my current swf is using the perk right now.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

Just remember a playerbase can often become rabid when left with no answers. Too many times have players called them out on stuff that needed addressing and this includes myself I have been hard on them in the past. Just because they know their is an issue with a perk internal testing often has to make sure its the only way to cause it so that the right code can be fixed and they dont make it worse. While they couldve gone back to the office id rather them get rest first before touching the code as its not a life or death situation. Bhvr is not a bunch of androids we can command at will let them recover and gather their thoughts so that its done the right way and not just a bandaid on a bandaid on a bandaid.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited March 2022
    Options

Release the most buggy patch to date, then take a weekend off.

Sounds right up BHVR's avenue.

WoW used to have hotfixes deployed during Christmas sometimes.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

They probably didn't restart the game since it was killswitched

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

But what about the other perk... wouldn't make sense to Killswitch both perks seems that are both messed up

Or is it true that they couldn't do it?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,274
    Options

"Without proper testing"

Object and Blood Pact are not only 2 perks that not many people run, out of the 70+ perks Survivors have to choose from, but theyre perks you usually dont want to run together since you lose out on an effect if you are the obsession, and if you arent.

Nobody has time to test out EVERY perk combination out there

• AsherFrost
    AsherFrost Member Posts: 2,340
    Options

Right, because if anyone is going to be held as the standard for how to treat their employees, it should be Activision Blizzard, right?

https://www.pcgamer.com/activision-blizzard-lawsuit-controversy-timeline-explained/

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,995
    Options

No my favorite perk :((((((((((

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939
    edited March 2022
    Options

Not responding to the two commenters above.

But yeah the number of times I've had to suddenly call into work on a weekend or friends/family have to.

If you sell a product you're meant to maintain it and provide support.

• Kira15233
    Kira15233 Member Posts: 473
    Options

I'll keep saying this, QoL patches/updates needs to happen more frequently, they won't do it, that's what happens

• PerfectlyPink
    PerfectlyPink Member Posts: 435
    Options

Uh... You do understand that hurts your argument right? Blizzard has been under fire for months after lots of accounts of mistreatment and sexual abuse.

You brought up the perfect example of how bhvr is a good company compared to most