Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

why does he allow teams on voice?

Salacia
Salacia Member Posts: 51

the voice is far too powerful a tool in this game, thanks to the voice the survivors indicate the killer's location in real time, you have more of a surprise effect on the survivors (as if they weren't already enough of an advantage), I find that anti game limit cheat (allow)

The worst you have more and more team on voice, as a killer I'm starting to get fed up, I think other killers are in the same situation as me

Comments

• Ghostofsnow
    Ghostofsnow Member Posts: 160

i guarantee you win against more swfs than you know. you just need to change your mentality, find a weak link in the match and get a snowball going. i think scott posted a great vid on macro game play which is a really good skill to learn involving only chasing those who are on objectives. like gens dont move so looping and hiding aren't always going to be effective enough to avoid getting a down happening

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

Comms are the most powerful tool survivors have access to and imho they should be a default feature with an opt out so the game can be balanced around them, but unfortunately that’s never going to happen, and they can’t be disallowed either as people like to play with their friends, which is fair enough.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

Who is he? God?

• Salacia
    Salacia Member Posts: 51

I know but they kill the game, essence of the game is that the killer surprises his prey (survivor) except that the teams under discord kills this aspect of the game

discord is so powerful that I consider it a cheat and cheaters have to camp. I'm thinking if we have to camp the teams or not

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

You take Pyramid Head so long as I get Bruno Bangnyfe

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

there is no way to prevent this, get over it

• dollidahlia
    dollidahlia Member Posts: 343

You can literally do that with anything.

“you win against nurse a lot just need to change your mentality”

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

But I like to play with my friends :(

We play for Fun, and a little to Win too, but we aren't pro players

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

So are many killer players using characters that get complained about on this forum.

That's the DBD community for you.

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,152

It's funny since voice communication is a problem in exclusively THIS game (if we take that all other asymmetrical 1:4 games are either dead or never caught a stable playerbase)

In any other online pvp game either team sizes are equal and both can gain the same advantage from VC and/or the games have it already build-in (rocket league, lol, r6s, overwatch....).

Only by making a build-in VC with the option to opt out/mute it like in the other games, can behaviour start to balance for it. Until then the balance will always remain a trifecta of solo, killer, swf.

• Percival_nxs
    Percival_nxs Member Posts: 193

well, actually there would be a way, but that would kill the game. The thing would be to remove the ability to lobby with steam friends or friends in general, the only way to play survivor is by starting a game with random players.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,754

When DBD was just released the SWF part was not ready yet (added soon after). So friends would lobby dodge until they got the same lobby with their buds, but queue times worsened.

We already know lobby dodging wreaks MMR, so survs resorting to this would add to that problem as well.

Plus none of this prevents party chats/discord comms, which iwould be unenforceable.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

The devs always assumed players would play on comms from the beginning. (There’s a myth it wasn’t originally intended but they’ve said a few times they had it planned from the outset, it just took them a couple extra months to implement after the game was live.) That’s not to say some players being on comms versus some not doesn’t create imbalances between the two types, but they’d never try and disallow comms simply because they’re powerful. Something like half the matches include people playing on comms with their friends so you’re looking at a sizable portion of the playerbase.

So the main question isn’t whether or not comms are allowed, they are, but rather how to balance around them. In the January update the devs mentioned working on icons for the HUD to help solo players tell what the other survivors are doing (e.g. icon for working on a gen or running, etc) to help level the playing field for solo survivors. That sort of thing seems like a good approach, and then if that in turn makes it too hard for killers overall they can boost killers by, for example, making gens require a bit extra progress to finish.

Either way the goal isn’t to remove comms but to make it not matter as much whether survivors are on comms or not on comms.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Why should playing with friends be bannable

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869

I think the fact that information perks that become completely redundant if you're in comms exist, but are practically a necessity if you are not is evidence enough of how poorly conceived the entire system is and because of it, balancing the game around this contradictory situations is never going to work.

Unfortunately, the game is what it is, and unlikely to receive such major modifications considering its age and niche player base.

I tend to be a very positive person in relation to the game's imperfections, but this is the one thing I really do have a problem with. Being on comms is like having all aura reading and info perks together in one super perk that also goes on a secret 5th perk slot. Does it sound ridiculously broken? It is. And I'm sincerely confounded about who failed to predict this outcome or (worse) who thought it would be fine.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Who tf is he?

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

Yeah, we can't play using our characters pra perks in peace, always will be a person crying for you