Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

How to get BBQ and Chili

I'm a newer player and have been running Billy. I keep reading that everyone is running BBQ...not sure how the hell to get it. I know Leatherface has it...so does that mean I need to use him? I keep seeing "teachable" perk but can't find where the hell I would learn it or how to find teachables anywhere. Is it just luck of the draw as I level him up with blood perks and hope it comes up? Thanks for any help!!!

Comments

• viper12161
    viper12161 Member Posts: 2
    Ahhhh...gotcha. Thanks!!
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,237

Alternatively you could wait until the perk appears in the "Shrine of Secrets" in the Shop section of the game.
    there are weekly 4 "RANDOM" perks to unlock for all your characters with shards.

I think BBQ has been there once.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Tbh it is completely fine to not have this perk in the Shrine. I mean, when on Discount, the Leatherface-DLC costs around 2 Euros. Should be ok for one of the best perks in the game.

• shanks3042
    shanks3042 Member Posts: 163

Tbh it is completely fine to not have this perk in the Shrine. I mean, when on Discount, the Leatherface-DLC costs around 2 Euros. Should be ok for one of the best perks in the game.

No it's not ok because its not a f2p game.

And as Aven_Fallen said you don't need it but it's the only perk that gives you a good bloodpoint bonus as killer.
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

@shanks3042 said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

And as Aven_Fallen said you don't need it but it's the only perk that gives you a good bloodpoint bonus as killer.

Are you joking? It's a F2P game. Just because one perk never appears doesn't mean the others don't. Plus you can't pay to max out in 1 day. Stop lying.

• shanks3042
    edited January 2019

@Poweas Lol. Tell me where you can get it for free. 10€ is not free so it's not f2p.

• Poweas

@shanks3042 said:
    @Poweas Lol. Tell me where you can get it for free. 10€ is not free so it's not f2p.

What. We're talking about the game in general not the Leatherface DLC. You said the game is a P2W but it's not. Plus you don't need BBQ to get a 4 man at rank 1, it just helps out a ton that's all.

• shanks3042
    edited January 2019

@Poweas When did I say it's P2W?

I just said it would be nice to have a free bloodpoint bonus perk for killers. Like WGLF for survivors.

• Poweas

@shanks3042 said:
    @Poweas When did I say it's P2W?

You said it's not F2P so it must be P2W surely?

• shanks3042
    edited January 2019

@Poweas No it's just Pay2Play and you don't have to invest any cent more than the price of the game.
    And i only know F2P games that are P2W, never played a "full-price" (yeah DbD is far away from 60 Bucks mabye it get's close if you buy every DLC and all outfits) that's P2W.

• Poweas

@shanks3042 said:
    @Poweas No it's just Pay2Play and you don't have to invest any cent more than the price of the game.
    And i only know F2P games that are P2W, never played a "full-price" (yeah DbD is far away from 60 Bucks mabye it get's close if you buy every DLC and all outfits) that's P2W.

Oh I see. It shouldn't be a free game otherwise how would Behavior and the Devs make money?

• shanks3042

@shanks3042 said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

The only thing I meant with this post is it's not ok to pay for a perk. I'm sure most people just buy leatherface for BBQ and not to play him :) .
    It's fully ok to sell those characters, also because of the license they couldn't make them free anyway as they did with their own ones.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

@shanks3042 said:

@shanks3042 said:
    Aven_Fallen said:

The only thing I meant with this post is it's not ok to pay for a perk. I'm sure most people just buy leatherface for BBQ and not to play him :) .
    It's fully ok to sell those characters, also because of the license they couldn't make them free anyway as they did with their own ones.

Devs have family, devs have kids devs are human too.. They need money.. The perk can appear in the Shrine so dont complain

• shanks3042

I don't complain. It's just my opinion.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

You need to get Leatherface to level 35 for the teachable. You could also wait for it to show up in the shrine and buy it there, but it never shows up in the shrine. RNG my ass.

• shanks3042

It was in the shrine once. 2017.