Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

If they added an exclusive survivor to console like Bill, who would it be?

I'm curious to hear the community's opinion on this. Since PC obtained Bill almost 2 years ago, console players have been wondering if console will ever get its own exclusive survivor. I know that Behavior didn't mean to make PC have Bill only and that Valve wanted Bill on Steam only. But I wanted to know if they ever did add a survivor to console only, then what character would you think be the best choice to add?

Comments

• JoyfulLeader
    JoyfulLeader Member Posts: 571

@SadonicShadow said:
    Truth be told i dont think they will ever consider adding a console exclusive survivor. Making Bill a PC exclusive was a mistake and i doubt they desire to willfully repeat it.

I get that, but I meant if they WERE to add a character, then what do you think it should be. And yes I agree, adding Bill probably wasn't the best choice if they were planning on adding DBD to console

• SuperPrincessChaser
    SuperPrincessChaser Member Posts: 107

They could get some horror characters, like each console having a unique character but with the same perks. Maybe have Ellie from Last of Us on PS4 and Nick from Dead Rising 3 on Xbox. If they wanted a unified character maybe someone from Resident Evil. Even if it's not going to happen, it's fun to think about.

• JoyfulLeader

@SuperPrincessChaser said:
    They could get some horror characters, like each console having a unique character but with the same perks. Maybe have Ellie from Last of Us on PS4 and Nick from Dead Rising 3 on Xbox. If they wanted a unified character maybe someone from Resident Evil. Even if it's not going to happen, it's fun to think about.

Maybe for PS4 they could add someone from Until Dawn or something like that, or like you said: Ellie from Last of us (Because honestly, that game is great)

• SuperPrincessChaser

@JoyfulLeader said:

Maybe for PS4 they could add someone from Until Dawn or something like that, or like you said: Ellie from Last of us (Because honestly, that game is great)

And if the game came to Switch (which would probably cause Switches to explode as it nearly does to my PS4 Pro since it's fairly unoptimized, but this is a what-if), they could get someone from Fatal Frame.

And yea, someone from Until Dawn would work too, maybe Sam, they are much more used to this kind of situation but Ellie is much better at sneaking (in Last of Us Part 2, she's less stealthy than Pizza Dwight in the first game).

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

Why can't they add Bill to console?

• JoyfulLeader

@yes said:

Because Valve (The development team responsible for the rights of Left 4 Dead) wanted Bill to be Steam exclusive.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2019
    Ps4 Joel from the last of us, he fits more than Ellie imo as she is a kid, Joel could easily be a Bill clone using his perks.

Xbox is hard since everything is also out pc of now, exclusives seem to be dead.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

@yes said:

Because Valve (The development team responsible for the rights of Left 4 Dead) wanted Bill to be Steam exclusive.

I find that strange, considering neither Left 4 Dead game is PC-exclusive.  Maybe they didn't want Bill on PS4 since L4D wasn't on a Sony console and just decided to leave out Xbox as well to be fair?
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Anyways, I vote Frank West.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

I have to ask. Even though Bill is not available on console is it still possible to obtain his teachable perks via the shrine? Not porting Bill himself makes sense as thats valves decision but he is only a skin and nothing more. His perks however are quite good and see regular use in the Meta of the game.

• yes
    yes Member Posts: 361

@JoyfulLeader said:

@yes said:

Ohh ok. That's beneficial bc console users don't have to grind for Unbreakable.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

@SadonicShadow said:
    I have to ask. Even though Bill is not available on console is it still possible to obtain his teachable perks via the shrine? Not porting Bill himself makes sense as thats valves decision but he is only a skin and nothing more. His perks however are quite good and see regular use in the Meta of the game.

his perks are indeed available already, for every survivor. Different icon tho

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    TAG said:
    I find that strange, considering neither Left 4 Dead game is PC-exclusive.  Maybe they didn't want Bill on PS4 since L4D wasn't on a Sony console and just decided to leave out Xbox as well to be fair?
    It's probably more to do with it being a Steam advertisement as that's where valve earns money.
  • SadonicShadow
    SadonicShadow Member Posts: 1,146

@Gorgonia said:

@SadonicShadow said:

That makes sense. Atleast from a gameplay perspective console players are not left at a disadvantage on that front.

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

@SadonicShadow said:

@Gorgonia said:

@SadonicShadow said:

That makes sense. Atleast from a gameplay perspective console players are not left at a disadvantage on that front.

in fact, we got it better, we don't grind for those

• rafajsp
    rafajsp Member Posts: 475
    "FPS-man"
    "Play off to don't get dodged"
    "Airplane turbine load"
    Ideas don't stop coming LOL
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

I wouldn't care, not gonna lose anything.

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

I think Alan Wake would be a good choice for Xbox. He fits the horror theme well, and could have some perks related to flashlights.

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    F**kin Master Chief 😎
  • JoyfulLeader

@ExcelSword said:
    I think Alan Wake would be a good choice for Xbox. He fits the horror theme well, and could have some perks related to flashlights.

I've never played Alan Wake, is any good?

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

I don't think that would happen and how the bill thing went I don't want it to happen.

• JoyfulLeader

@NekoGamerX said:
    I don't think that would happen and how the bill thing went I don't want it to happen.

I said IF they added a character

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

@JoyfulLeader long time since I played it, think it was exclusive to 360?

I remember enjoying it's mystery and atmosphere, and I still remember the ending face me goosebumps, although it was a cliffhanger I think.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    I understand why Bill isnt on console and thats fine but surely from a business point it doesnt make sense. Much like the Charity Case if Bill became available the majority of players would definately buy it.

I feel we need a grandma in the game, games ageist. 
  • Tru3Lemon
    Tru3Lemon Member Posts: 1,358

they wont make any exclusive for console the reason that bill was exclusive on PC cuz they gave us for free and also ppl really want him in the game but i probably see a survivor on pc and console andy from chucky or similar thing

• KingB
    KingB Member Posts: 747
    Kratos from God of war
  • xXNurseXx
    xXNurseXx Member Posts: 261

@SadonicShadow said:
    Truth be told i dont think they will ever consider adding a console exclusive survivor. Making Bill a PC exclusive was a mistake and i doubt they desire to willfully repeat it.

i bet there isnt a single person out there who is maining bill at all

• Ajritoka
    Ajritoka Member Posts: 594
    edited January 2019

Perhaps they should just add 1 more exclusive Survivor, only to even it out. So each platform has 1 exclusive. PC could get that Survivor’s perks as general pool perks like Bill’s perks on console.
    Post edited by Ajritoka on
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797
    edited January 2019

The one and only legend of the xbox itself, Frank West.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93y2qWZzdbQ

• JoyfulLeader

@xXNurseXx said:

@SadonicShadow said:

I have a friend who plays DBD and Bill is his favorite survivor

• Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Joel from the last of us
  • ItsYourBoyGuzma
    ItsYourBoyGuzma Member Posts: 797

@xXNurseXx said:

@SadonicShadow said:

also incorrect, ive prestiged 3 bill and dont play him because he doesnt get cosmetics.
    in spirit i main him
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmhDioFiNow

• Killmaster
    Killmaster Member Posts: 429

Jill Valentine please

• redsopine01
    redsopine01 Member Posts: 1,269

You don't need the shrine his 3 perks are defaults borrow time unbreakable not sure on the third 
  • DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Arthur Morgan please and thank you! (Even though he would probably destroy all the killers)
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

For Xbox I would imagine Frank West from Dead Rising would be the most logical choice.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited January 2019

If we're going purely for console mascots or platform specific characters

Microsoft - I can literally only think of Master Chief so I don't know lol.
    Sony - Marcus Kane or Calypso from Twisted Metal 2 although Hagrid Jeff Johansen could pass as Marcus Kane

@TAG said:

I could imagine that.

@Killmaster said:
    Jill Valentine please

Only if we get a Tyrant as a killer whether it be Mr. X or Nemesis

• MuteNewt
    MuteNewt Member Posts: 234
    Joel from The Last of Us would be perfect!! I really want this to happen now 😞
  • SuperPrincessChaser

@Dustin said:
    If we're going purely for console mascots or platform specific characters

Microsoft - I can literally only think of Master Chief so I don't know lol.
    Sony - Marcus Kane or Calypso from Twisted Metal 2 although Hagrid Jeff Johansen could pass as Marcus Kane

@TAG said:

I could imagine that.

@Killmaster said:
    Jill Valentine please

Only if we get a Tyrant as a killer whether it be Mr. X or Nemesis

Hiding around in the trial, or working on a Gen and hearing "STAAAAAAAAAAARS!" being screamed (probably because they'd use the Umbrella Chronicles Nemesis) would be something else. I already love the way you can hear things going on in the distance, like the screams from Doc or the Nurse's wails, Nemesis running around and smashing through things would be incredible.

• AnthonyC2014
    AnthonyC2014 Member Posts: 91

PS4 Exclusive:
    Josh- Until Dawn

X-Box Exclusive:
    Arthur- RDR2

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291

Hiding around in the trial, or working on a Gen and hearing "STAAAAAAAAAAARS!" being screamed (probably because they'd use the Umbrella Chronicles Nemesis) would be something else. I already love the way you can hear things going on in the distance, like the screams from Doc or the Nurse's wails, Nemesis running around and smashing through things would be incredible.

You just hear someone get gibbed by the rocket launcher off in the distance

• Khroalthemadbomber
    Khroalthemadbomber Member Posts: 1,073
    I'm fairly certain they said that beyond the PTB they're not going to do any new exclusives between console and PC. That said if they DID do something, probably Frank West from Dead Rising.
  • Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    For PlayStation.
    Last of us: Ellie
    Until Dawn: Jess or Emily (Sam and Mike are bland af and overhyped

For Xbox 
    Dead Raising: Molly or Frank

• JoyfulLeader

@Khroalthemadbomber said:
    I'm fairly certain they said that beyond the PTB they're not going to do any new exclusives between console and PC. That said if they DID do something, probably Frank West from Dead Rising.

Well, they did say no Clown killers and no silly outfits so.....

• JoyfulLeader

Maybe for PS4 they could add Heather from Silent Hill 3

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,145

You don't need the shrine his 3 perks are defaults borrow time unbreakable not sure on the third 
    The third going to be left behind
  • They need to add Arthur Morgan

• Captain_Doomsday
    Captain_Doomsday Member Posts: 175

Luigi for Switch.