DBD mobile is better change my mind

Options
FlameGNG
FlameGNG Member Posts: 746
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

you can see your teammates perks... they have a RANKED MATCHMAKING MODE!!!!!!

gameplay is the same but its those small key features basically super simple quality of life updates we all kind want but dont get for some reason...

Like worst case scenario is that you cant play selfcare, urban evasion and those perks because people will leave...

why cant we just have a casual mode without the MMR!!! or make ranked pip based because im pretty damn sure i had better matches with the "ranks" than i do with mmr

EDIT* since most of you doesnt realise i dont play DBD mobile or never had and think i mean the full game,,, IM ONLY TALKING ABOUT FEATURES YALL TALKING ABOUT CONTROLS ofc controls gonna be better on pc and graphics you cant fit a rtx 3080 in a phone...

Post edited by FlameGNG on

Comments

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,357
    Options

The mobile version is done by another company afaik.

Somebody posted a picture where you can see others loadout - really nice for SoloQ i think. But players will probably dodge players who use the "wrong" perks.

I think the mobile version is not played very much - and therefore has to be better to get people.

• FlameGNG
    Options

sorry for the late answer!

I know that its another company! but i wouldnt mind people leaving lobbies if survivors run ######### perks. im tired of playing with teammates running urban evasion, no mither, selfcare etc.

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

The solution is to make ingame friends with people and start inviting them to your lobby so your not stuck in the solo q underworld

• TunnelVision
    TunnelVision Member Posts: 1,375
    Options

Have to say mobile does do quite literally everything better than DBD on PC/console.

The only downside; it's mobile. Unless you're using an emulator like bluestacks etc then the experience is going to be absolute pain with regard to touch screen controls.

• FlameGNG
    edited March 2022
    Options

i do play with myfrinds but then i get the "you're a SWF its not fun to play" "trash SWF" dcs and killers giving up... and i do play soloQ sometimes

Post edited by FlameGNG on
  • Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Which version do you mean?

NetEase DbD mobile or

BHVR DbD mobile.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    edited March 2022
    Options

you mean Identity V?

Why should he be talking about that?

• Kira4Evr
    Kira4Evr Member Posts: 2,025
    Options

I just realized. If DBD mobile support Mouse and Keyboard, cuz that's a thing, you would be able to play Nurse without fatigue. And if you're playing on a tablet, you'll basically have stretched-res. But still, that is IF DBD mobile supports Mouse and Keyboard lmao

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,250
    Options

Touch screen controls for killers vs keyboard and mouse. If it weren't for that, I would agree.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,096
    Options

Netease does DBD mobile for certain countries - it's why Asia DBD mobile has different cosmetics. It's also better optimized than the BHVR DBD mobile. So technically there's 2 DBD mobiles - BHVR version and Netease version.

• espooked
    espooked Member Posts: 465
    Options

dbd mobile is awful and unplayable.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    edited March 2022
    Options

Rank means nothing in mobile, like it often did in the old system on PC and console. They prioritize fast queues. Sitting at rank 1 I get potato survivors all the time, who must’ve downloaded in the last half hour - complete with one or two yellow perks each (if they even have any perks equipped to begin with). Very fun to have teammates lasting about 10 seconds (not exaggerating here) in chase after being found in the first 30.

Thankfully the hatch and key nerfs aren’t live yet, so when I am not playing with competent friends I’ve made on mobile, I resort to hatch offering and key playstyle. People said or say it’s selfish, but when you do two or three generators solo of the three that get done.. yeah, not giving the killer a free kill on me.

Also, people don’t really dodge because of their teammates perks in mobile. The reason is that it forms full lobbies very swiftly, and you cannot back out once all five players are found. The match just starts after five seconds once the lobby is full.

It has its pros and cons, but I see no reason why we shouldn’t have the mobile pregame lobby over what we have now.

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

No argument from me, but it's on mobile so no...

• FlameGNG
    Options

ur literally talking about the controls i mean features... im ONLY TALKING ABOUT THE FEATURES

• FlameGNG
    Options

yea thats what i mean... lets forget controls and graphics etc. i mean features like this!

• FlameGNG
    Options

yea but im not talking about controls i mean features, forget controls and graphics

• joey07102006
    joey07102006 Member Posts: 4
    Options

As a member of the DBD community who plays only on mobile and whose exposure to the OC version comes from watching otz play and watching the background footage in YouTube lore videos, I have to agree with OP, mobile IS better. We get to play with original characters for free by spending no real or in game money by using tickets which can be earned or received in daily gifts and store any progress we made on our free trial of those characters. We can see other peoples perks and have exclusive skins. We look better than Nintendo switch. The only dowside I can think of is worse graphics and more cheaters.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    Options

If somebody would leave because of their team mates loadout, they'll dc if they get downed first or thingsdont gotheir way, so good riddance either way.

• GoshJosh
    edited March 2022
    Options

There is also way less content. The Resident Evil characters won't ever be available; many maps still disabled (Coldwind) or never added; no Deathslinger, Blight, Artist, Onyro, Zarina, Felix, Jonah, or Yoichi. Not to mention the constant performance issues, and you don't level up your character if the game crashes before you make it to the scoreboard screen - which happens all the time for me.

You get what you pay for, I guess. 🤣

Post edited by GoshJosh on
  • shinobu149
    shinobu149 Member Posts: 142
    Options

It all prefrence I prefer a big screen and controller vs phone I will never convert tbh

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Options

I expect it to control like doodoo on account of it being a mobile game. While I'm sure those are all great QoL, controls are a dealbreaker for me.

• Cybil
    Cybil Member Posts: 1,164
    Options

When I tried playing the mobile game a few months back I came to the conclusion that it was diet DBD at best. That's really not a good thing when you take into account that DBD itself is practically a mobile game to begin with.

• GoshJosh
    Options

The only control problem I actually have issue with is Oni during Demon Dash. It's just about impossible to maneuver during it. You have to basically use it like Hillbilly's chainsaw sprint. Some survivors take advantage of the limited sensitivity, but if you turn it up to 100% on killer you shouldn't have too much issue (as long as you're watching out for spinners.. they should only fool you once though).

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Hey, Dbd mobile "enjoyer" here who also plays Dbd on Xbox.

I agree that some of the features it has should be implemented, but it has its flaws. Such as an RNG-dependent bloodmarket where you need to spend thousands of bloodpoints not to look for addons you want, but just to even find addons for the right killer.

Bloodpoints aren't that relevant because you don't even use them to level up your characters and you instead get character experience points from the matches you play. One match doesn't guarantee one level, and there's no way to level up characters outside of doing this. In addition, once you do level up, you're given a choice of two random perks to unlock. As you can imagine, this makes getting the perks you want a real headache.

Free tickets so that players can try out characters they don't own yet is pretty epic.

Oh, and mobile is absolutely infested with cheaters, maybe even a little more so than regular dbd.

Overall I prefer regular DBD in most cases, although it is refreshing to always win my killer matches because even rank 1 survivors are...less than good.

Other fun facts that I think some people in this thread should know:

-Mobile isn't designed for tablets, so playing on there is an absolute nightmare. You can really only use your phone if you want to be able to play decently.

-Optimization on mobile is very bad, some models of phone run without a hitch and some make the game unplayable.

-Mobile doesn't have Artist, Sadako, Deathslinger, Nemesis or Blight, which gives me the big sad.

-A lot of crashes and lag issues

-Many maps missing + Map reworks take about 6 months to do

-Resident Evil chapter will never come to mobile

-When a new chapter comes to mobile, it brings all the bugs with it

-Mobile is behind on updates so if something you really like gets nerfed I suggest playing with it on mobile if you're desperate (example: Mobile doesn't have MMR yet)

-You can't see player's ranks on the scoreboard screen

-No charms

-Overall, I'm sure the mobile devs are trying their best and from my understanding it's a very small team.

• GoshJosh
    Options

Great points! The only thing I might ask you about is the tablet piece. I exclusively play it on an iPad. Are you saying tablet encounters greater performance issues and crashes? It's so much easier than the tiny screen and controls of a phone, can't imagine!

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    edited March 2022
    Options

Depending on how large your tablet is it can quite cumbersome. Personally, my tablet's much too big while my phone's on the bigger side so I don't really have the tiny screen issue.

Generally speaking, phone runs better. That's only because there aren't as many tablets the game runs well on as there are phones the game runs well on.