Console players, has the game had better performance recently?

Leachy_Jr
Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I moved over to PS5 last christmas time and haven't looked back. I forgot how awful the optimisation was.

Has it improved since then?

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

My friend is playing on ps4 and he still has issues with that game. My another friend stopped play DbD because her pc had opt issues with that game. So no, they did not fix anything for old consoles and pcs.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,897

Nope.

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

Recently just moved to a series x after finally getting hold of one, it was near unplayable on Xbox one. Constant lag whenever the killer did anything, even across map. So no improvement on older gens at all

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575

I play on PS4 and loaded DBD for the first time in months today. There is a huge lag when hitting buttons for skill checks. I reassigned the button twice just to make sure and the lag is still there. It was. This is the biggest reason I quit playing the game in the first place. There was always some sort of issue. Controller lag, video lag, or some various other issue that makes the game unplayable. I loaded 3 games other than DBD just to see if there was any lag in those. There wasn't. Every button on every other game worked without any lag at all.

So for me the answer is one that sadly does not shock me at all. It's not even a little bit better. It seems BHVR is still far more concerned with new chapters and cosmetics than they are with making the game playable for those of us on console. I guess they make most of their money with those on PC and the rest of us can just get bent.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,701

Not really