Archive execution scale

Options
tea4213
tea4213 Member Posts: 4

Very often in a match you ask the question "Did it count for me in the archive?". Especially when performing archives like "hide within a radius of 10 meters from the killer for 120 seconds." And you think, "Is it ten meters or do you need closer?", and then the killer turns around and the chase begins. And therefore, a progress scale would be very useful. It could be located on top or in the pause menu. Also, the pause menu could contain information about the current archive. And what do you think, is such a scale needed in a match?

Archive execution scale 24 votes

Yes
100%
GibberishSeiko300VolantConch1719KaanaTapeKnotbrokedownpalacemusstang62RoboMojoPepsidotValikoskar0chMaxwellArchAbhorChurchofPigFobbodarkcloudlinkBreadnGarlicRice[Deleted User]sizzlingmario4 24 votes
No
0%

Comments

• Breadn
    Breadn Member Posts: 203
    Options
    Yes

I don't see why not. The pause menu should also include information on dailies.

• ArchAbhor
    ArchAbhor Member Posts: 829
    Options
    Yes

100% needed might be a bit ambitious for behavior though lol. Considering they arnt even properly moderating their game atm. With maps being bugged and old object back in the game

• Seiko300
    Seiko300 Member Posts: 1,862
    Options
    Yes

It's such a basic feature, you'd think that the devs would have included it when they released the archives in the first place.

Small quality of life things like that which Dead by Daylight lacks are sorely needed, and without them really just makes the game feel less smooth to play overall.

For example a feature which reminds you that you haven't selected an archive challenge before heading into a match, they mentioned this more than a year ago and it still isn't in the game. It's perhaps one of the most frustrating things to head into a match, and have an all-around fantastic match where you would have completed a challenge but then come out the other side realizing you never selected a challenge in the first place.

Something as simple as a message that asks you "are you sure that you want to queue without a challenge?" as soon as you click find match. Alongside an option in the settings to disable the reminder just for players that don't particularly care about grinding through the rift.

And separate from the rift / archives, other small things like a search bar to sift through your perk inventory, the ability to create custom loadouts, categorize perks by different means than alphabetical order (IE all "healing action perks, aura reveal perks, totem-related perks," etc.) updating survivor vaulting animations that haven't changed since 2016 so that held items don't disappear into thin air during said animation, and on and on and on.

Small things go a long way to make the game look / feel better and more polished to play.

• GarlicRice
    GarlicRice Member Posts: 118
    Options
    Yes

Yes, I don't understand why this isn't a thing. Sometimes I get into a match and forget what my challenge is 😂 it would be nice to have something in-game to show what our current challenge is and its progress.

• musstang62
    musstang62 Member Posts: 516
    Options
    Yes

I think the VHS beta did this for their equivalent of archive challenges (can check task progress by looking at pause screen). Seems like such a no-brainer feature that even with BHVR's glacial pace of adding updates, I'm still pretty surprised they've not added that yet after 10 tomes

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options
    Yes

Literally every other game has this.

When you complete a bounty, objective, or challenge - there is a small fanfare and some sort of satisfying notification that displays that your challenge has been completed.

Call Of Duty has entire memes about achieving unlocks in titles that came out in 2007.

It's been 15 years, Behavior - and you have 7 more years of development time than Infinity Ward had for Modern Warfare 2, you can probably handle something so simple.