If they make BT base i swear!

Edilibs
Edilibs Member Posts: 699
edited March 2022 in General Discussions

You can expect me to take camping and tunneling to a whole new level which will be hardcore! I also will be using NOED alot more! I use noed 10% of the time so expect that number to jump to 60-70% or 6-7 games out of 10. Im not even playing around because at that point the game will be "too" dumb!

The game is alreday geared towards survivor just based off of maps alone so with this thing going around BT the devs think that will be healthy for the game? Its crazy absolutely crazy to me that this is even being suggested

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

Has there been some type of post or something today to cause all the Borrowed Time uproar? I don't get it.

Something was said a long time ago and the developers have never done anything with it.

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047

oh no plz don’t tunnel me 😭😭

• kombativo
    kombativo Member Posts: 183

I still dont get it why people call BT base kit

• sumps1
    sumps1 Member Posts: 66

I don’t get the uproar about BT. It’s 12 seconds long. If you’re not camping hook and tunnelling that survivor it literally has no effect on gameplay… if it’s base kit you know everyone unhooked will have it so if you feel you must tunnel, just follow them for 12 seconds before you hit them. Or can’t you count?

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

I'm on the fence about the whole make it base kit thing. Like how I see it, the perk never really was an issue for me to begin with, sometimes it sucked when the Survivors were so hard that the only choice I would have is to tunnel someone off hook, and waiting a grueling 16 seconds was practically costing me the game.

Most of the time however it was a non-issue, and I wouldn't even see it in the game till the scoreboard screen.

Though Borrowed Time has this weird place that sure you may never see it in a match, but you know chances are everyone is running it, and if you see someone not running it - you think they must be trolling. Like it's expected that every survivor HAS to take this perk, or you're selfish, bad, or something?

Right now I find the perk is in a really good spot. It does it's job well. You don't have to take it, and it balances out nicely in taking a whole perk slot. Like I'm more scared on what they will do to Borrowed Time if they made the perk base kit? I am more scared of the builds survivors may be able to do with that whole extra perk slot.

My vote on if it should be base kit or not? No.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

Remove collision while it's active and I'd be okay with it being basekit.

• selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

I mean you could just not tunnel 🤷

• VaJaybles
    VaJaybles Member Posts: 658

Oh no, my MMR! Anyways.

• Edilibs

Your joking right!? BT into body block is unstoppable unless you have noed! You "have" to be joking..

Its not pointless because i spend money on this game so i have validity to speak on things.

Haha nice try! That works on others but it wont work on me, stay ignorant

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Why would they make it? Fine as it is totaly

• Edilibs
    edited March 2022

Why would i "not" tunnel in these situations. A fyi i like to win and im competitive so there you go!

So you think BT as a base is good for the game and healthy? Plaese explain yourself

I dont give a crap about MMR i hate it and want them to disable it. Besides you cant see mmr anyway so its just a bunch of pointless banter and assumptions from "everyone" discussing it!

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • selflessnea
    selflessnea Member Posts: 565

You didn't state any situations. You like to win... cool. Other people do to so every advantage is allowed so there you go

• Munqaxus

So you think BT as a base is good for the game and healthy? Plaese explain yourself

BT would be good for the health of the game because, face-camping and tunneling-off-hook-till-dead, are only countered if a player happens to bring in Decisive Strike and a team mate happens to bring in Borrowed Time. Both of those counters are behind paywalls, either cash or bloodpoints, so new players don't even have access to counter these strategies that every single killer has from level 1 up.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

The likely scenario is BT won't get any stronger than it's current version, any basekit version will likely just be a weaker version which is applied universally upon being unhooked to both prevent farming and provide a bit of counterplay to killers who proxy camp their hooks

While I'm still not 100% sold on a basekit BT as I think survivors should get better game sense and learn how to unhook safely, I cannot deny that these days getting those safe unhooks is extremely hard given the amount of camping that occurs. Without BT it either becomes a trade (because you go down protecting them) or they are essentially insta-downed off the hook

• Edilibs

Yeah so "random person" if you knew how to read and had comprehension skills you would know that i rarely use noed and barely 1 out of 10 games so this just goes to show how ignorant you are. I play the way i play period and i win most of the time but anyway i dont need to justify what i do or how i do it. I come from the fighting game community where we dont care about sh** like that (how a person plays tunneling camping etc) we just get the job done and focus on winning, nothing else matters! Its only in the dbd community that a bunch of kids compalin and whine (mostly survivors) about the way people go about they're objectives. Im just stating what it is! BT base is a horrible idea and it should get scrapped immeditely!!

• Edilibs

Exactly so use your perk slots for BT and DS then you have 2 more perk slots left if your so concern about getting tunneled out the game, problem solved!

This is the exact problem, BT into body blocks and thats "not" counting that they may have DS! I think it will be a big mistake! The game is alreday difficult enough for killer with BT's, Unbreakables, DS, DS into body blocks, very bad maps and weaker or weak killers having to deal with all of this. Its crazy how people think (not you)

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,167

Not a very healthy mindset to have if you ask me, you shouldn't automatically become a weak link in your team because you didn't want to be a slave to the meta. I know I've grown sick of running DH and DS, so I don't but I still feel the need to run BT because it really is so necessary for the matches that I play

And yes, obviously the same should be true for killer. I'm sure nobody enjoys running corrupt every game but they feel they need to otherwise they're at a big disadvantage

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

LOL... If you don't tunnel you won't even notice BT... If you will tunnel because of this, it will totally backfire on you.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

If you're competitive and like to win, why don't you join a comp team and participate in tournaments? Or are you part of one already?

• Edilibs
    edited March 2022

Because im my own person and thats what i do what are you even saying or getting at? There is no drama buddy its a normal threda/rant you cant tell me that people dont make rant posts so please fall back you dont know what your saying! Yeah your oblivious to what i said because i had to repeat it twice. "I" play/use noed 1 out of 10 games i didnt mention at all the success or lack of i have with it so once again you are trying to 1up me but its not gonna work.. Moving along **waves hands*

For one i dont know where to look for dbd tournaments. Two i dont like swf on coms so i would never join a tournament where i was required to join swf! I main killer anyway so i would only want to play killer. Besides most tournaments are elitist and or they are exclusive so i wouldnt be able to join anyway

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

The only problem with something like BT becoming base kit is the free perk slot.

And this strengthens survivors the most against killers that already don’t tunnel off hook. So for me, BT is no problem because I go for the unhooker if you instantly unhook behind my back. But if this change goes live and survivors don’t need to equip BT anymore I will have to deal with an additional perk.

I suspect something like a lot more adrenalines or the like in the future.

• Munqaxus

This is the exact problem, BT into body blocks and thats "not" counting that they may have DS! I think it will be a big mistake! The game is alreday difficult enough for killer with BT's, Unbreakables, DS, DS into body blocks, very bad maps and weaker or weak killers having to deal with all of this. Its crazy how people think (not you)

This is the only counter to Face-Camping and Tunneling-Off-Hook-Till-dead that survivors have. There's literally no other counter. If a survivor does not have one of these perks equiped, they have no counter.

Why is a BT into a body block a problem. This is the only way a survivor can effectively use BT. If a killer is coming right back to a hook, or is already at the hook, they have to take a hit from the killer to get the speed boost, otherwise they are right back on the hook.

• HexDaddyissues
    HexDaddyissues Member Posts: 328
  • pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited March 2022

It can’t be done without a substantial buff to killer mechanics somehow.

Everyone hates on camping but half the time if camping as killer it’s because there’s idiot survivors hanging around the hook. I love being accused of camping when I can see you hiding behind that tree waiting for the immediate unsafe unhook.

Base kit BT makes every unsafe unhook a safer play. It’s not really a fix and will require a killer buff to counter. Maybe basekit corrupt or pop?

Every suggestion about camping is punitive we have to punish people for doing it, it’s never let’s see why killers really camp in the first place.

Chasing is becoming stupidly extended, it’s not uncommon to lose half the gens by first hook. Target switching is really not ideal as it’s very fast to reset pressure from wounds. Mindgames are pretty useless as most of them are countered not by playing around the structure but just holding W and pre dropping. Hit validation at pallets now favours survivor so even swinging through them has very low success.

Im not saying the game is survivor sided or it’s impossible to play killer but with every reduction in return from chasing, camping becomes more viable.

Add in a chase extending, fast healing meta and tunneling people out early becomes the smartest play.

Everyone hates on antiloop, mobility and unpredictable mindgames but those are the counters to a strong chase game.

Im starting to realise people just want long drawn out chases because they see that as fun, but long drawn out chases is the bane of playing killer.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,891

What am I being ignorant of? You said you're going to camp and tunnel to an extreme if they make BT base kit. The only times to worry about BT is if you're camping the hook and tunnel the person off hook.

So if you're this bothered by the prospect of BT becoming base kit it means its going to severely affect your gameplay style. Which means you camp and tunnel a lot anyway.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,674

Closing this here, as OP doesn't seem to want to discuss the topic.

Just a reminder that this is a public forum, people are allowed to share their opinions even if they don't align with yours, the moment you open a thread you have to be open to criticism and to different points of view.

This discussion has been closed.