Why do I have to play people I block

If I block someone why am I forced to play with them it needs addressed I block people for reasons and here I am playing against someone I blocked what is the point of blocking them

Comments

• RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326

If blocking someone prevented them from ever being matched with you then that could create problems where people will literally just block anyone who’s vaguely toxic or good. ‘You’re really good? Well I don’t want hard games so you’re now blocked’. That kind of thing I can see happening a lot. This would make matchmaking even worse honestly so I think simply blocking shouldn’t prevent them from matching with you. In saying that, maybe there should be a system where you could contact Behaviour and apply to have someone blocked from matching with you if you have legitimate personal reasons (Maybe that person is a creepy ex who always tunnels you when they play against you in game or something of that nature). That way, if there is a genuinely good reason to block them from matching with you then they would be blocked but it wouldn’t allow people to just block others simply for being vaguely toxic or for simply being too good.

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

People would just block people they didn't like or outplayed them. Plus if you're playing solo and all players have blocked numerous different players you would have to wait even longer to wait for someone to play against.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Yes i wish that would be... I would block all Spirit mains.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,710

Did anyone even read the OP? They are talking about the „Block player“ feature already present in the game and they misunderstood the use of that feature... (because it’s not really explained anywhere in-game..)

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

It would stop tunneling n camping if killers had to play fair what is the problem with that if someone plays toxic why should I be forced to play with them if they don't want to play fair it's bull killers could block swf and no one would play like a bunch of jackass's the only people I see disagreeing with this is skilless people who should not be playing the game in the first place teams of swf that run prove thyself think about it killers complain about ds but it last maybe 60sec why would you tunnel ds is to prevent tunneling stop tunneling n camping or what is the point of the game

• Tillablerhino44
    Tillablerhino44 Member Posts: 505

Tunneling n camping is a good reason to block any killer they nerfed tool boxes so gen rushing is a little harder unless it is the school my best map if that is the strat play something els play solo survivor for 24 hours and just see how hard it is

• NVerde
    NVerde Member Posts: 264

I would like a block option. I can see the point being made here that people will block players because they are better than them - but that will just end up with them playing far fewer games as they end up blocking more and more people.

I would block someone who is deliberately useless or disruptive in the game - I'm talking about survivor team mates for this mainly. Why should I have to play a game with someone who is trolling? I always use the report option after a match but I don't want to play a game with someone who thinks it's funny to keep blocking me, or fake-unhooking me again and again.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

If you're talking abou psn, it's not what block option is for

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184

let us all remember on release OW where a widow onetrick had 10 + min queues because they were blocked by a majority of players they went against.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,398

Here's the problem with that.

Survivors already say you tunneled and/or camped even if you were constantly downing and hooking different survivors all game.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

MLGA already proved how bad this idea is and how much it would/was abused.

A streamer back in the days of mlga couldn't get a game for an hour because they played nurse and every survivor blocked them.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944

Those people would be like "Why are the queue times so long? :("

Lol

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,696

I had to wait twenty minutes for a game......reeeeeeeee

• Nosferatu3145
    Nosferatu3145 Member Posts: 542

The killer have the audacity of hooking someone and don't go to the corner of the map in shame? BLOCK

• Hex_Husband
    Hex_Husband Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2021

0/10 bait post.

This is such a bad idea for many of the reasons listed above. Matches don't last that long. Play it out and move on to the next one.

It won't harm you to simply play whoever it is and move on. Besides, if they're blocked, they can't message you in endgame chat anyway. This is a win-win situation.

Post edited by Hex_Husband on
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

They're not going to let you prevent yourself from going up with/against certain people, nor should they.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

So all very good killers, or mains of Spirit, Freddy etc would have to wait forever to play since people would lobby dodge them all the time. This would still ruin the game.

You win some games and you lose other ones, you have fun sometimes and sometimes not. Just deal with it.

Oh and Tillabler: "Tunneling n camping is a good reason to block any killer"..What? It's a valid strategy in the game that survivors have tools to work around, there is in no way ok to want to block people for this. Pretty toxic suggestion.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

I used to use MLGA and loved it! If you were super good and sweated serious balls, I'd block you. ESPECIALLY Nurse and Billy. I've played this game for thousands of hours and feeling like you are a tee-ball team playing against a Major League Team isn't a fun game. It can't be fun for the sweat lords either. If that was my only option, I'd uninstall and move on. I don't have to win, I don't care to die (or if all 4 escape), but if I felt like it was a super skill mismatch, it was ZERO fun. Slug games are boring. As killer and survivor. Getting 1 hook and bullied is ZERO fun as killer.

Since the implementation of dedicated lag servers and the demise of MLGA, if it's an obvious skill mismatch, I'm going to suicide on hook and move on. I shouldn't have been matched in that large of a skill disparity to begin with! As killer, you have to suffer through to the end and open an exit gate. As a survivor, best of luck with your safety pip sweat lord I'm out!

• sleepy_knight
    sleepy_knight Member Posts: 117

Back before crossplay I was living my baby survivor life on ps4 when I got a doc who tunneled me for 4 gens. Thanks to my lovely teammates I escaped but I guess that really ruined his day because I got tunneled then facecamped with extra hits on hook in my next 2 matches with him too. Which happened almost right after eachother. (the next one was with him, then two without and the 5th was him again)

Really wished for a block player button then.

Someone mentioned that maybe the blocklist could be limited, like 3 players only and once you block the 4th, the first one gets "released".

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited March 2021

Yeah I've said that before as well.

I think if you could only have a max of 3 it might be fine. Anything more than that would be problematic. I mean bear in mind that's every person blocking 3 people, that alone might already cause problems we would have to test it on live servers for a week or two to even see.

Also, that's in a SWF like 12 people if you coordinate it; I feel that system would also only pick like one blocked person from each person in a SWF to block, not all 12 of them that would be too much.

However now we are getting into a very complex system that requires a ton of effort all to prevent what? Some post game trash talk you can already ignore? Some face camping bubba that is a dime a dozen? I mean, that is a much more difficult solution to an easily dealt with problem.

• TAG

This is a good example of why they should never give players the ability to blacklist other players in matchmaking.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

No, this is the perfect reason that why having one "ranked" mode for a "party game" is a stupid idea. Let the sweat lords play in "competition" mode and develop different modes for those that don't want to be any part of that garbage. A large portion of people play video games for "fun". I know certain folks can't fathom that. Video games? For Fun? Not to be world champion?

• TAG

No, it's the perfect reason not to let people block others in matchmaking.

• TheeclumsyNinja
    TheeclumsyNinja Member Posts: 283

Stop sucking. Then you wont feel the need to block them cause they're better

• Exerath1992
    Exerath1992 Member Posts: 1,035

Because then people will block all the good players to have easier matches

• aricidius
    aricidius Member Posts: 3

Aren't there a million players? The chances of playing with someone again are very slim anyway. You can't use it to strategically. There's no way.

Just let us not play blocked people, already!