The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is running a Mori set wrong?

Long time lurker & first time posting.

Ok, So I've played DBD at the middle of last year after & I main Myers as I'm a former Jason main from F13. After learning several move sets from various DBD content creators I've come to love Mori more than hooking & this comes into the form of tombstone piece or perma Judith tombstone depending on my mood though this does change sometimes as I like running scratched mirror Myers or perma T3 with Ebony Memento Mori but with that said & before I disabled my PSN messaging as I've always gotten crap & once a death threat running said mentioned tombstone sets & I question why the hate? Like before going for the Mori sets gens kept popping left & right before I can react, DH or BT in front of my face, DS, I can keep going on but once I started using Mori builds sets I win more of my matches, granted it's still tough as gens do keep popping like crazy even with fearmonger however I'm currently waiting to obtain corrupt intervention either leveling up or getting it through the shrine of secrets but with that said why is Mori is so hated when it's actually a counter at least imo to the most common meta survivor perks & even gen rushing to some degree? Not trying to start a fight but just want a honest answer at least.

Comments

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869

It is hated because it can be too strong. I love tp and I don't mind going against it but I understand why people dislike going against it.

Still... If people are insulting you for playstyles/builds they are in the wrong not you. Play however you like and disabling messages will do you good when you play dbd. Gamerz will insult you for everything, it is not just tp. I lose hope in humanity whenever I see some of them spewing disgusting things.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Mori does nothing so why not?

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904
    edited March 2022

Its not bad to run mori Myers at all.

Mori Myers is great fun, he's fun to play and threatening to face so go for it.

Basically people hate on anything that they can't loop easily or might eliminate them because there are heaps of overly competitive players who don't appreciate the theme and take the game way too seriously. i.e. they actively think rank matters etc.

That's fine they don't have to appreciate the theme if they don't want to and can take the game as seriously as they like, but it often makes them really angry sore losers and bad winners if the game doesn't play out exactly as they want it to, win or loss.

It makes them misreable people to play with and you'll come across a lot of them in this game so turning off messages and making your profile private isn't a bad idea. Its a shame but its the state of things.

On infinite T3 tombstone Myers I often run the ruin undying combo, tinkerer for the stealth approach, you want the slowdown to give you time to get enough stalk, corrupt is good too.

Usually I'll pair the slowdown with a final chase boosting perk play with your food is good, or sometimes just lightborn if there are lots of flashlights in the lobby. Because you can get a lot of stalk off people trying to blind you at pallets etc, especially if they don't realise what's going on. NOED can be good for the speed boost but isn't really necessary.

On jumpscare scratched mirror Myers, I'll usually run BBQ and NOED and then whatever you like its the addons not the perks that really make that build. Again some gen slowdown isn't bad. I've heard good things about coup de grace on jumpscare Myers but I haven't unlocked it myself as I haven't leveled twins.

Post edited by pseudechis on
  • lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited March 2022

I love how intense how each side of a Mori Myers match essentially becomes a speedrun where both sides are powering through the game as fast as humanly possible. Doesn't feel like it though as you're getting predropped and having W held against you to the max. That's the most boring kind of game yet I keep coming back to it because the scales can tip instantly.

if the games gonna be a speed run I'll perk for it with PWYF, Ruin, Undying, Retribution or PWYF, Ruin, Retribution and Lethal Pursuer.

Myers brings out the worst in people because its easy to blame others. "Oh, this guy gave him all the Stalk... " If they don't blame their team mates, then its easy to just blame the killer.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Bad bait. Tombstone add-ons are not a mori.

• GlutenFreeIceCubes
    GlutenFreeIceCubes Member Posts: 11

From a [mostly] surv player's view - I find mori's way more interesting than dying on hook and sitting there waiting for the animation to end.

Play however you want. The hypocrisy that I see from survivor mains [not the sane ones, the toxic salty ones] is insane. Not to mention the fear that Tombstone Myers adds when one gen is left and 2 of us are dead lol.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,904

Here comes Mr Fun to tell us all what terms to use when talking about the game.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

That’s Dr. Professor Fun to you!

They are two totally different things. If the man wants to discuss tombstone add-ons, then that’s what the thread should have been titled.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306

There's nothing wrong with running moris or Tombstones. It's a game, run whatever you want.

People don't like tombstone because there's a high likelihood of getting instantly murdered with no warning when you haven't even seen the killer the whole game, and even if you don't (because someone else just did) the only thing you can really do is hop in a locker and let him get you.

I'm sure it's plenty fun for the Myers, though.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Tombstone piece is very busted in my opinion, but its on a weak killer so I let it slide usually

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Just for clarification, it sounds like the original thread is more about the Tombstone add-ons than the Mori offerings. Although they both let you kill a survivor with your bare hands the Tombstone add-on is obviously much more powerful than the Mori offerings since it lets you kill someone you maybe haven’t even hooked yet midchase while they’re still standing. Moris are ok, they can avoid an annoying stun if you try to pick up a survivor with Decisive Strike of who has a friend ready for a flashlight or pallet save, etc, but mostly that effect is pretty minor and the real reason to use Mori offerings is because you like watching the animations or whatever. 🙂

Either way, though, the answer to the main question in the original post is there is nothing wrong with using either Tombstone add-ons or Mori offerings. Just use whatever add-ons or offerings you want.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

You're talking more about Tombstones.

Anyway, there's nothing wrong in using or liking something that's intended in the game.

There's also nothing wrong in disliking something that's in the game, even if it's intended.

As long as everybody is respectful about expressing and listening to opinions, that is.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

no loadout is wrong

• ukenicky
    ukenicky Member Posts: 1,352

Because people don't like dying without being hooked at all.

• pantless_myers
    pantless_myers Member Posts: 3

How are they not? They both kill the survivor but the only difference is one kills them once you get to T3 & one kills them after reaching 2nd stage on hook.

• Okonar_
    Okonar_ Member Posts: 499

Its a fun build bro, yea some survivors might get salty, but just ignore and move on. I personally don't get mad when a myers tombstone me, I just move on to the next match, but some people just can't let it go and stay spectating just to cry at the endgame chat 🤣