The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Was the Boon: Circle of Healing nerf enough?

patadanaboca007
patadanaboca007 Member Posts: 48

I'm doing this poll because I'm curious to know what players think about Boon: Circle of Healing.

Was the Boon: Circle of Healing nerf enough? 82 votes

Yes
6%
ReverseVelocityPankacesMileena_KahnNathan13shinobu149 5 votes
More or Less
12%
KaalaxiMookspatadanaboca007GuiltiiTrickstaaaaaHaunterofShadowsGarlicRicedeKlaw_04Cookie_Des_Lysmagicmooman 10 votes
No
81%
GibberishSeiko300danielbird11F60_31InnCognitoDimekanarchy753BabyCameron10CashelP14musstang62MrPenguinMalman25Cornpopers_EvanGlamourousLeviathantenoresaxRobotfangirl67ValikKing_RendalWarcrafter4Tatariu 67 votes

Comments

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
    Yes

It was the change I suggested.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    No

There's still the issue of co-op healing and slugged healing being way too fast and the fact that the perk gives the whole team infinite Self Care.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    More or Less

The healing speed is alright now and shouldn’t be nerfed further.

now for the selfcare for the whole team this is still the biggest issue. If I had a say in it, i would suggest to only allow the selfcare ability to the user that actually booned the totem. That way it’s still an alternative to selfcare but it wouldn’t give the whole team access to it at the cost of one perk.

• Cornpopers_Evan
    Cornpopers_Evan Member Posts: 2,428
    No

Nah, I'm sorry but, it just didn't seem to do much. It does feel slightly better but, just ever so slightly. :/

• DyingWish92
    DyingWish92 Member Posts: 772
    No

No it needs a 60-80 second cooldown on blessing a totem. The reblessing of a totem over and over and over again is the dumbest thing in this game right now.

I've had survivors rebless 4 to 5 times the same totem after I snuff it. Snuff totem, walk away for 30 seconds and I hear the boon noise. Stupid.

• Jokersmile
    Jokersmile Member Posts: 95
    edited January 2022
    No

Made little to no difference i was fine with the perk being 100% bonus healing but killers should destroy the totem when cleansing it survivors set up boons in dead zone if you chase you lose gens if you don't you lose the chase makes for long boring games of just waiting for survivors to mess up to get a win.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    No

Anything which gives both self-healing, and does it faster than 32 seconds is inherently going to break the time dynamic of the game.

CoH technically takes juuust longer than that, but as soon as a second person heals at it it goes way in the other direction.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,695
    Yes

anyone that says COH nerf wasn’t enough just wants the perk to be useless.

• vladspellbinder
    vladspellbinder Member Posts: 320
    No

The speed nerf is just slightly above "pointless", an extra few seconds doesn't matter too much. The two big issues are 1) team wide Self-Care, when we already had the Perk Self-Care and 2) the fact you can apply Boons over and over and over again.

I think if they just removed the Self-Care ability entirely and bumped up the healing speed back to 100% the Perk would be fine. My main problem with it is that it allows one Survivor to heal solo making a three gen near impossible to maintain because you'll always have three Survivors. Maybe they could add in a "Show other Survivors my aura" bit so the rest of the team knows you're in the Circle needing a heal.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

I'm not sure yet, possibly not but who knows really? 🤷‍♂️ The actual slow down in terms of seconds is only a few seconds per heal relative to before the nerf, so it's not that much really, but then again a few seconds over many attempts could add up so hard to say for sure.

• starbeet
    starbeet Member Posts: 16
    No

It covers a pretty big space, i know the cover around it is random but it's rough to cover it

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    No

Totems themselves need to be nerfed.

Until totems break when killers snuff them - no change will be enough, because you're trying to teak the numbers of bad core design philosophy.

• King_Rendal
    King_Rendal Member Posts: 18
    No

The nerf reduced CoH self-care speed from 16 seconds to 18.23 seconds. This is completely inconsequential. CoH self-care should be around 24 seconds to balance it. That's about a 33.33% heal speed increase.

• theceeginator
    theceeginator Member Posts: 28

There needs to be a cool down after it is snuffed or every totem (5 per map) can only be blessed once per survivor.

Or my original suggestion completely destroy the totem force survivors to find another.

• catkillsmouse
    catkillsmouse Member Posts: 244
    No

Needs a long cooldown or something after snuff just like other stuff has cooldowns

• Malman25
    Malman25 Member Posts: 21
    No

Same perk hurting fun gameplay. It's so broken!

• playhard
    playhard Member Posts: 279
    No

to balance the CoH please make Undying an infinite one too or make CoH is destructible perk, once it snuffed survivor must find another totem. one totem only can be bless once. it is fair

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,514
    No

Even without speed boost it is still strong.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421
    No

The problem was never the healing speed but rather the team-wide free self-care