Banned on Xbox Live for being a good killer

Options
So I got dead by daylight two days ago I love it so much. I decided I'll be a killer I don't really have many friends to play with. I play 5 matches and only lost once then I play against a full party of survivors I destroy them in less the ten mins with the huntress landing every throwing axe. I hook them and camped because they weren't getting any objectives. Stupidly they just kept funnling in not trying to take my attention away one by one. So I win the match one of the guys sends me a message saying I'm trash and I should learn how to be a killer. I said you should learn how to play because obviously I'm doing something right if I destroyed you that easily. Cut to yesterday I got a week ban on Xbox Live and couldn't game with any of my friends that got the game. So how do I keep playing this game? I only got a few matches in before these idiots got me banned. Just to be clear they didn't report me in the game they reported me on Xbox. Maybe I don't understand how to be a killer I read post about people feeling bad about camping the hooks this confuses me I couldn't care less that's the game I'm a killer. Am I supposed to just walk off for no reason and be like "what's that over there that's a nice door oh no he got taken off the hook time to chase them around for 20 minutes". Someone please explain.

Comments

• Ramblle
    Ramblle Member Posts: 5
    Options
    Thank you for replying so I did swear not at him and after he sent me like 7 messages with swearing in them. I assumed he was gonna report me in the game not on xbox. I don't understand why they don't read the messages obviously I reported him after cause there was a bunch of messages with him swearing at me. For about an hour then I just got fed up and swore in my message again not at him. I find it strange that a service I pay for doesn't allow me to swear in my messages. Anyways am I being a killer wrong. Like I'm staying with huntress landing some good axes I didn't just camp I smoked them like 10 times with axes from far away is that not skill?
  • Ramblle
    Options
    Also I'm very sorry that happened to you is there a way I can make my account private so no one can message me? I know you got PS4 maybe you have an Xbox too lol.
  • Vasvas1337
    Vasvas1337 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    Same thing happened to me on ps4. We actually spoke to ps4 customer service and they confirmed that they don't even check messages. The other guy can do as he pleases and swear and berate you. If you don't report him before he reports you he gets away with it. All messages in the the reported chat gets deleted automatically so that you can't go back and report him or try to  defend that you were being attacked first. 

The guy pretty much told us that everybody playing online should limit the msgs to just friends. Any msg to anybody can be reported and will cause issues and can ve labled as abusive even without swearing.
  • popoles
    popoles Member Posts: 831
    Options
    That's strange. You have to have a really bad reputation like Avoid me or something. Don't tell me that a single message got you banned. I was reported for no reason at least 80 times (you can see it on xbox live website) and got no ban whatsoever.

I believe you can set your messages in the privacy settings or in the account settings. 
  • Ramblle
    Options
    Thank you everyone I didn't expect to get so many replies! :) I gotta turn off messaging so this doesn't happen again. That should do it right? Has anyone turned off messaging and still got reported because you can still got someone's profile and report them for whatever you want and it seems they won't look into it at all. I find it crazy that I only played the game for two days and received my hate messages then I have before in any game? And I play league of legends lol. 
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,471
    edited January 2019
    Options

Nothing in that game would get you banned. If you were indeed banned, it was because you said something inappropriate in after game chat. You weren't banned for "being a good killer", that's nonsense.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Xbox does have a setting I normally turned off my notification. This game is gonna get you reported on both side normally killers but the only thing gonna happen is ur reputation going lower I'm pretty sure Microsoft can't ban you unless you say something bad enough to get that ban
  • Broosmeister
    Broosmeister Member Posts: 281
    Options
    I've also faced a ban for foul language against salty people. Sony pretends to look at the situation, but they don't, they just ban you for the language you used. I got banned for A MONTH for calling someone an idiot.

Because the guidelines of Sony are so basic and can be about anything. Anything negative can be bannable. Also they don't look at what you did and base a punnishment on that. No that would be far too logical. They just start with 3 day ban, then 7 days then 30 days. Then a year or even close your account ( you will also lose all purchased games from the store ) so the banning system on Playstation is one of the biggest jokes ever. There is nothing you can do about it to because when you call them it's like you're calling with some guy with a disability who only got that job because of the make a wish foundation.