The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The artist is just as popular as the twins

Popular in being forgotten.

seriously, I faced more onryos than artists, even though she was released 3 months ago.

The artist is a very good killer, but even so she is so rare to face, I believe it is quite understandable since she is not very fun to play.

To tell you the truth i've even been facing the twins recently, maybe people are practicing since the next rift is theirs, but even so these two killers are quite rare.

Comments

• Tr1nity
    Tr1nity Member Posts: 5,047
    edited April 2022
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

I like her.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Artist is fun, I wish more people played her.

Twins are an abomination and should be forgotten.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

It's hard to hear the Artist coming. She's just...there. Why is she there? She just is. You're now in the injured state.

• TheArbiter
    TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,483

Too much effort for a reward with her, just play nurse or blight for the same s tier noob stomping

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

I love Artist, I play her pretty often but currently I am busy prestiging other Killers so I have to use up their puddings. Sad though that 99% of the ppl are just too lazy to learn her properly. Happens to most Killers and perks that came out recently, dont know why ppl are so scared to try and properly learn new things.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Why so many people hate Artist...

And no, they are not as same popular, I see more Artists than Twins and last time stats show that Twins have barely above 1% pickrate.

I rather play Artist on avarage than Twins (and I like Twins), because she is not a workout gym fest with 738783 cooldowns like Twins.

• NemmyMan3000
    NemmyMan3000 Member Posts: 228

I have just recently gotten into her and shes not even a bad killer it just takes patience (which I dont have a lot of lol). She can shut down loops, she can get information, and flat out is just satisfying to play. A very skilled artist that can hit their shots like a huntress is very scary to go against.

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459

Artist is very satisfying to play, specially when u land a double hit on gens followed by a basic attack within 2-3 seconds, also whenever u land the crow attack with no line of sight, it feels so badass to look at her hand giving the order and then someone gets downed behind u while u are walking around corners and not even looking at the survivors pathing, don't even let me get started on across the map sniper hits...

For me it only gets frustrating when survivors start holding W forever so i turn into a M1 killer, or when i face a CWF and they bodyblock crows, use flashlights and so on, but other than that Artist shouldn't be compared to the Twins which are extremely nerfed killers that can get abused and only delivers frustration to whoever is playing them.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 901

The artist needs changes. I rarely hate playing a killer, even when they are weak, but this killer is just incredibly boring to play.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Artist is fun to play a for me. She just takes a while to learn. The Twin, on the other, are horrible to play as. Their power is really clunky and slow, and they just aren't as fun to play.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Now that you mention it. I can't remember the last time I faced the Twins. Must have been months ago.

Artist is a rare sight, but not so rare as the Twins.

Which means that the few people that still play her, drive her kill rate up. So we probably have a nerf incoming. To make make sure even less people play her.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

I think Twins and Artist are fun to play as and go against.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

There's a difference between potency and fun.

The Artist and the Twins both have the same problem, though - which is interesting.

The best way to counter them is to hold W and leave loops.

Act unpredictably to avoid the skillshots (Crows, Victor)

If hit, bait the survivor by keeping the crows/ Victor on you

If killer comes for you - run to loop.

Use the pallet or window.

Leave with crows or victor as bait.

Rinse, repeat.

it's up to the killer player to determine how effective this strategy is. Which can be agonizing and not at all satisfying in the least.

Both of them have a 4D chess level aspect to their power - but have a low skill ceiling. This means that their power needs a lot of constant thought, anticipation, and skill to pull of reliably - but it doesn't yield fantastic results.

It doesn't help that neither of these killers LOOK compelling in any way. They don't have the traditional killer vibes and lack a certain air of terror.

They're just kind of gross - aesthetically and practically.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

That's probably because people got tired of anti loop no mobility killer #55.

Like, personally, whenever I try and play Artist the only thing I can think about is "I wish I was playing Pyramid Head right now."

She's just a snoozefest for both sides 💫

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,047

Artist is really boring to play IMO.

Whenever I play Artist, the Survivors just resort to holding W to get away whenever I place a crow at a Loop. And completely understandable, there is 0 reason to stay there, you can only do Shift+W against her. So eventually I catch them, just because I move faster than them. Yay.

Shows that making a Killer really strong does not really make them popular. Sadako on the other hand is weaker than Artist, but more fun to play.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

I wouldn't say so, it's because playing her badly/in an unfun way makes her boring for everyone. Playing her well is SUPER fun and personally I enjoy versing good artists.

The issue is though is that she is really hard to play, almost to nurse level, so barely anybody is good with her.

I would say I'm ok with her and she's super fun for me, most fun killer I've played since old slinger.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Bit subjective aint it? Saying they're not fun to play. I main Artist and dabble in Twins often and have not grown tired of them in the slightest, whereas with the newest killer i'm already getting frustrated because her power does not help her in the slightest apart from map traversal, and people want more M1 killer's like this who pose no threat and are easily looped to eternity? Sounds like the opposite of fun.

• ChrissKenobi57
    ChrissKenobi57 Member Posts: 21

I just got the achievement for downing 50 people with her crows. Honestly, I get why she's so unpopular. Much as her mechanic provides great map control and chase power, she's too tricky to master. DBD has an issue where the more fun killers are way too hard and the easier killers are simply weak. It's hard to find the balance. I find some of them hit the right spot like Billy, Cenobite, Demogorgon, Sadako. And even so, Sadako can get bullied HARD. Also another issue with artist is her hitboxes are reverse Huntress hitboxes. The crow swarm is huge. But the hitbox is so tiny. And the slightest change in elevation messes up the hit detection. So many Killer Instinct moments when I'm damn sure I'd have gotten an actual hit. And in the mean time, you face cracked SWFs, MMR makes you want to tear your eyes out have loads and loads of fun and unless you have really good game sense, you'll need a guide to understand how to play her. She's heavily perk dependent.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,713

Just FYI holding W doesn't work against Victor. I'm assuming you're talking about Twins players who chase more with Charlotte than they do with Victor (which isn't how I play them, I mainly chase with Victor and use Charlotte mostly to pick people up.)

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

Artist should not have been nerfed from the PTB. Crow bombs should have remained in her kit to dissuade running through the birds.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

It is if you're healthy.

Keeping Victor hostage and just abandoning loops against Charlotte is the best way to waste time.

Victor is the real killer in many ways, but yes - holding W is the best counter to him, preferably around a slightly large boulder or a tree.

Victor's primary weakness is terrain, so it can be very easy to 'loop' him due to his 'pounce' slow down. Best thing to do is run around in a little circle - otherwise, run to the other side of the map. Even if he gets you down, it's going to take Charlotte a long time to pick you up.

Gaining distance, stopping for a quick circle, abandoning loops to gain distance from the big sister. This is what counters Charlotte very much so.

• Wendygo
    Wendygo Member Posts: 114

Okay so as Artist is my main maybe I can point some things out. I've debated making a guide on here but seems kinda cringy. I'm by no means Otz level of killer though.

Artist strength comes in her mind games, forcing pressure, and quite of bit of thinking. There are just some general tips.

•While the usual strat is to W-key away. You can use that to your advantage. While throwing down the crows you can start to zone them in the direction you want. Not always works but you would be surprised how often it does. Or they take a hit.

•She in my opinion becomes allot stronger the longer the game goes on. Less gens, less crows to throw around. You can put a ton of pressure especially when they are down to three gens. Again, they can continue to stay on it and risk getting hit or run off the Gen.

•She does struggle a bit more in indoor maps vs outdoor but mind gaming corners with the crows can give you the chance to reroute them.

•While it is nice to get downs with dire crows, I think people tend to mind game themselves into trying for the "cool shot" when bloodlusting works better.

•She is stronger then most would think, use her crows more as recon vs a down. If you can get the hits either through them still trying to loop, or by double crow, awesome. But don't rely or expect it. I'm usually surprised when I get a down with it unless I'm just trying to snipe from afar.

• Ath4nat0s
    Ath4nat0s Member Posts: 77

Playing as and against the Artist is just a snooze fest

Reason: Holding W till the end is the counterplay to her which is not fun for both sides

• Sportsy
    Sportsy Member Posts: 19

I rarely play survivor and I got like a 3/10 artist maybe its just luck but I was convinced that she was a popular killer