Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is the artist so freaking rare to find?

kaskader
kaskader Member Posts: 283

I literally never play against the artist she's more rare to find for me than twins.

It's weird because she's not even weak and she's so fun to play imo.

Comments

• Wendygo
    Wendygo Member Posts: 114

She is actually very strong. I love playing her as she is really the only killer I play besides sometimes blight. She just has hidden skill cap I want to say. To get good with her takes allot of time to really shine with her kit. Granted her add-ons are kind of....meh. but her base kit is really a hidden gem.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I rarely play against The artist, but I think I have seen more artists than hags! Hag is the killer I see a few times a month, maybe even one or zero

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,059

She is very strong, but also super boring to play. Her counterplay is basically Shift + W, nothing else the Survivors can do. So games when playing as her are really dull.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Idk man.

Usualy on the forums I hear "Rework Artist" , "Artist is so OP" or just "very boring killer, just hold W, etc."

I like her a lot.

• VikingDragonXii
    VikingDragonXii Member Posts: 2,885

I like her but she has a learning curve like Spirit and Nurse and Blight. But most don't like to learn her or have this thinking oh at loops I lay down crows and don't mind game and just hold W. I don't do that and have a fun time mind gaming survivors that think I'm doing that but don't.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

She's just boring to play and boring to play against. Not to mention just picking her or facing her is so annoying having to listen to that constant sound she makes... Yeesh..

• HectorBrando
    HectorBrando Member Posts: 3,167
    edited April 2022

While strong she is super boring to play, same happens to Hag.

Artist and Hag have no market niche because people who ejoy engaging gameplay prefer more interactive and interesting Killers, people who enjoy stomping prefer Nurse or Blight since they are the 2 strongest Killers.

• Ath4nat0s
    Ath4nat0s Member Posts: 77

Boring killer

For both sides

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

Probably not so fun to play. But there are also so many killers nowdays that most killers are pretty rare.

• JeanCharpentier
    JeanCharpentier Member Posts: 370

If you master her she is almost on par with the Nurse. She just lacks the nurse's mobility but her anti-loop is crazy.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

I love everything about her, but most players dislike her because her play style seems boring. Hag has a similar problem, strong killer but boring play style.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

Because created this emoji: 😴

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,752

Anti loop no mobility killer #55 that isn't Pyramid Head.

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077
    edited April 2022

I see a fair few Artists. She's not as omnipresent as Blight, Huntress and Nurse, but I see her far more than I do Demo, Hag or Twins.

One of the reasons is that she's deceptively easy at first - but is actually extraordinarily hard to play. Her addons are also very, very meh - which makes her a bit one note.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

The payoff to learning her is not any better than other top tier killers and most of the other top tier killers are just easier to get into.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032
    edited April 2022

I’ve been thinking about her a lot lately.

I think she needs her counterplay brought down a bit. Her two and three shot birds take too long to recover and I think the crow bombs were a good part of her kit that they nerfed away. Crow bombs being nerfed away may have been directly correlated with the Ink Egg Very Rare add on being basically useless.

Artist Counterplay: lockers take away ranged snipes, crows can be burned by flashlights, and birds can be removed by running through them. She also slows down while placing birds making shift W more viable.

I do not think all of these counterplays need to be addressed but if one or two of these were toned down, she might not feel so aggravating to play as.

She might also benefit from a way to auto shoot a bird as instantaneously as possible. Similar to the Plague buff from Sept but toggled by the killer who prefers single bird shooting.

• ElleGreen
    ElleGreen Member Posts: 1,063

she Is super op Idk why more people don't play her

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 407

Legit was reading this and got matched with her. No joke as soon as she cawed, my team mates just ran up to her to die on hook.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Because her counterplay is Shift + W, which most killers hate it. If you can not loop her, you can make her waste huge time.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590
    edited April 2022

She incentivizes hold W game play which is boring for everyone.

I think they should've focused less on her anti-loop with the birds and instead improved her cross map sniping. That would've been much more fun for both sides and had some higher skill cap with mind games and predicting/timing movement.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,529

I saw one yesterday.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,703

I just don't find her particularly fun to play.

Most people have figured out that they should just run away when a crow is placed at a loop, so you can't do much interesting with it in the way of anti-looping.

And then you have barely any time to set up and fire your second shot when a survivor becomes swarmed. This makes playing her feel very high pressure.

These things combined just makes her not fun to play, so I don't play her very often. And then when I do I usually regret it for those reasons, which makes me choose her even less.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,885

Because most people don't like gameplay that doesn't revolve around looping, and she shuts that all the way down (except against really, really good survs). People like what they know, and she is different.

I personally find any deviation from the standard to be refreshing, though with her most survs just leave the loop and hold W, which really sucks. But it seems like many survs just hold w all the time regardless, but that's a separate issue.

I really enjoy crow sniping though, and can be exceptionally gratifying.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

And the slandering starts again... everything is subjective but you see these type of threads with comments on a daily basis. It's like a community have banded together to drive her deeper into obscurity, everyone has different tastes, people need to learn to accept that. Just because you don't like a certain killer (whether that be how they play or how they sound or look), doesn't mean everyone has the same view or feels the same way.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

She's very hard and unfun to learn. Once people get decent with her though she can be pretty fun If you like her gameplay.

It's similar to twins really, except she doesn't get screwed as hard by the meta (which is why I play her).

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968

most players seem to find her extremely boring and i cant blame them....Artist is the perfect example of how not to make a killer

she doesnt have a counterplay at all (the only way to survive against a decent Artist is by holding W..and thats just pretty uninteractive for both sides) just put a bird on one side of every loop and its a guaranted hit (if the survivors are not running Dead Hard is pretty much a hit 100%)🤔

same por predroping pallets you just put 1 bird on one side of the pallet and again...same situation.😴

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,364

You can't say a killer doesn't have counterplay and then immediately list a way to counterplay them.

Not to mention there was only ever 1 killer in all of dbd who actually had no counterplay and it was release legion. No killer currently in the game comes close to that.

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 968
    edited April 2022

back them insta-heals used to exist - Old medkits etc, artist is not healthy for the game in current DBD. and also "5 blinks NURSE was the most broken killer back them"

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

She's hard to play and most people are too lazy to learn her, myself included