The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The Pig boxes

How about they only appear for those who have the trap on?

This way you wont know its the Pig untill you actually spot her. Now when I see the boxes I already know I cant rely on a hearthbeat alone.

Comments

• Skorpanio
    Skorpanio Member Posts: 605

Great idea, I would like to see that in game!

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

I think this is a great idea!

• MasterRaceMember
    MasterRaceMember Member Posts: 1

Great idea!

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

Not too much point to be honest.

If you didn't notice, the loading screen often gives a hint for a particular killer before you enter the game. This hint is always directly associated with the killer you're facing.

Example:
    If the loading screen gives a hint about facing against The Shape, it means you are 100% fighting Meyers. Try it out, works every time the hint appears. It also telegraphs if you're facing the Pig, so the boxes aren't the real give away.

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78

@Beaburd said:
    Not too much point to be honest.

If you didn't notice, the loading screen often gives a hint for a particular killer before you enter the game. This hint is always directly associated with the killer you're facing.

Example:
    If the loading screen gives a hint about facing against The Shape, it means you are 100% fighting Meyers. Try it out, works every time the hint appears. It also telegraphs if you're facing the Pig, so the boxes aren't the real give away.

This disappears as you play, once u play enough matches. Thus that person's point still stands.

• GolgiNea
    GolgiNea Member Posts: 157

Nope, I really like seeing the jigsaw boxes.

• Beaburd
    Beaburd Member Posts: 998

@JEWberry said:
    This disappears as you play, once u play enough matches. Thus that person's point still stands.

How many matches is enough? I'm almost 900 hours in, playing for two years, and I still get them almost every game. My rank as a survivor is currently 9, but it's been to 1 more times than I can count. I probably get the hint about 80% of my games still. I actually feel bad about it sometimes, especially when I suddenly know to look out for Meyers lol

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78

@Beaburd said:

@JEWberry said:

How many matches is enough? I'm almost 900 hours in, playing for two years, and I still get them almost every game. My rank as a survivor is currently 9, but it's been to 1 more times than I can count. I probably get the hint about 80% of my games still. I actually feel bad about it sometimes, especially when I suddenly know to look out for Meyers lol

The tips on "When facing the ____"? Those should disappear after like 5 games against that killer. They came back for new killers or after one of the other updates a while back but they are all gone for me now and i think for everyone else. Looks like a glitch for u.

• Shadoureon
    Shadoureon Member Posts: 493

@JEWberry said:

@Beaburd said:

@JEWberry said:

The tips on "When facing the ____"? Those should disappear after like 5 games against that killer. They came back for new killers or after one of the other updates a while back but they are all gone for me now and i think for everyone else. Looks like a glitch for u.

I think its 3 times per killer.

• Nick
    Nick Member Posts: 1,237

Good idea, but knowing the devs this would never get implemented, unfortunately

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Easier said than done. This isn't like Hex perks where the totems could just "not light up" before they're in use: this is a part of the level geometry that would have to be despawned for everyone unless they meet a specific condition.

• Shadoureon

@TigerKirby215 said:
    Easier said than done. This isn't like Hex perks where the totems could just "not light up" before they're in use: this is a part of the level geometry that would have to be despawned for everyone unless they meet a specific condition.

Well you cant bump into Freddy unless you are in the dreamstate so I dont think with the knowledge of the devs it will be that hard.

• frenchela
    frenchela Member Posts: 20

What about trapper then? You can see his traps on the ground before you even see him.

• Shadoureon

@frenchela said:
    What about trapper then? You can see his traps on the ground before you even see him.

Well you can sabotage them so theres a function to them laying there.

• Najemniczkas
    Najemniczkas Member Posts: 88

@JEWberry said:

@Beaburd said:

@JEWberry said:

I think its 3 times per killer.

Yeah, it dissapears when you play 3rd or 4th match with the same killer. I'm a new player, around 18hrs (less in-game, since Steam also counts menu), and it dissapeard for me when I play against most of the killers (I know I might get a tip for Huntress, Nurse, Leatherface, Freddy and for Hag for sure, cuz I haven't played against her yet)
  • frenchela
    frenchela Member Posts: 20

@Shadoureon said:

@frenchela said:

Well you can sabotage them so theres a function to them laying there.

I was just trying to apply the same logic since you didn't want to know who the killer is before you see them. They are both the Killer's "belongings". I think it's okay to see either of them since you're already in the game with your planned items or perks.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    We already know we can't always rely on heartbeat. Freddy, Myers, Wraith, Hag + M&A. Billy's and Nurse's heartbeat can be very sudden, too.

We can also very quickly identify many killers without seeing them. Michael gaining a level of EW, Wraith uncloaking nearby, Trapper and Hag's traps and their noises, Billy and LF's chainsaw noises or one hit downs. Etc.

I just don't see this as a necessary change. Knowing it's the Pig really doesn't make me play any differently.. you still need to work on gens. Almost every match I can tell who the killer is in the first 30 seconds.
  • StalwartXX
    StalwartXX Member Posts: 80

Biggest issue I come across is the first box a trapped survivor picks being the one that unlocks it. Sure it could just be chalked up to bad luck but it happens often enough that it seems suspect.

If there was some sort of penalty to failed skill checks at the boxes (eg a box becoming unusable for a few seconds, restarting the search progress or progressing the timer on the trap by a chunk) I'd feel a little less annoyed by it. I don't play the Pig often, but when I do i've stopped using the traps as they don't seem to slow the game down enough to be useful until the exit gates are powered or open.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

I think surv aura reading for Jigsaw box is bad.I think this will be not at addon but mechanic of game when somone got trap on head only then see jigsaw box aura no on start.