How do you guys feel about bots being added in public matches?

Options
graveyard_7777
graveyard_7777 Member Posts: 260
edited April 2022 in General Discussions

There was a big section on the satisfaction survey where Behavior was asking about it

Comments

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 452
    Options

Bots to play against to learn new killers etc.. Don't like the idea of them being mixed with real players though.

Make a bot that detects hacks already.

• FilthyLegionMain
    FilthyLegionMain Member Posts: 1,148
    Options

I'd cry tears of joy if they added them as an option in custom and as a form of having someone play when someone dcs.

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,131
    Options

I'm far more neutral on them being added into public matches- I'm fine with it if they just replace disconnecting survivors, but mixing them in with regular players to fill lobbies really wouldn't be ideal.

What I want is custom game bots, and more robust custom game tools in general. That would be a pretty substantial improvement to the game, so you can actually learn new killers and experiment with new perks, things of that nature.

• Chaos999
    Chaos999 Member Posts: 869
    Options

If the bots are gonna do gens and survive a chase for about 20 seconds, as opposed to... Whatever most solo queue teammates usually do, I'm all for it. A definite improvement.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308
    Options

Should've been added a long time ago. The AI bots in the Tutorial are better than 3/4ths of the people you get matched with...

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,326
    Options

I got teammates today... i am not sure - maybe they are already testing bots too today :-)

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 997
    Options

If custom matches then I will be happy.

I can finally take all the time in the world practicing killer without worried about gens or trying to down a god tier survivor

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Kyf bots yea but not public games.

I am at 4000+ hours now and would quit if we get bots for public games.

• BlackRabies
    BlackRabies Member Posts: 864
    Options

A solo mode of sorts with just you with 4 other bots make a decent practice mode.

The only bots that should ever be in public games should be the ones that replaces and takes over the character when the player rage quits or D/Cs for whatever reason.

• APoipleTurtle
    APoipleTurtle Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Just depends on how they're implemented.

I don't have many issues with bots taking over for DC'd players, if simply to keep the match going a little longer. Though I do understand that it might be frustrating if killers can take advantage of dumb bot survivors to get more value from their perks.

More importantly, having a dedicated "Bot Mode" in Custom Games would be wonderful for screwing around, exploring maps, and just practicing things with various killers, perks, tactics, etc.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308
    Options

I'd rather have a bot Survivor replace a d/cer than nothing at all.. Seriously.

• Tiufal
    Tiufal Member Posts: 1,252
    Options

As long as they would be like those tutorial bots it wouldnt make no difference playing a 3vs1 or having a bot.

• Cetren
    Cetren Member Posts: 984
    Options

I don't like the idea in public games as a principle, but having an AI for players that disconnect is absolutely genius. I really hope this gets implemented.

• Viciusaurus
    Viciusaurus Member Posts: 394
    Options

I would love bots for replacing DCing killers/survivors only on public matches.

I desperately want bots for customs, though, so I can try new killers in peace.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

I've played games in the past where someone quit and they were replaced by a bot. While it was better than nothing but not by much. If someone quit it was still game over.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599
    Options

I don't mind if the Killer was turned into a bot when the player DC's, but I do mind if it was Survivor. A bot survivor could create a lot of problems for a survivor team, like running the killer into player survivors, failing skill checks because it would be "realistic", wasting pallets, cleansing important totems, etc.

Custom's however. Yes. 100x yes.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

It would be good for practicing new killers and perks and such. They have absolutely no place in public matches though.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options

If the survivor ai is set to match the noob level the devs balance for, OK. If not then I guess that's how they are gonna handle killer decline.

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

In some type of casual/quick play mode, sure.

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

A bot that represents the Entity, slaughters and humiliates hackers while remaining players giggle.

• pseudechis
    pseudechis Member Posts: 3,903
    Options

A custom game against bots, I'd love that too.

Sure it'd be no comparison to a online game but bots won't tantrum, give up and DC, etc etc.

I'd love to play DBD wihout having to play with the DBD community once in a while.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I'd accept bots because quite frankly I'm so sick of people disconnecting on their first down and ruining the match so quickly.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Bots can be a good thing.

What puzzles me is that if they have the spare power to run bots, they should have the spare power to verify impossible states in the game (speed, teleport, infinite blinds, never ending EGC, flight, ...)

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Custom games yes replacing dcing players yes anything else I don't really like the idea of but the first two would be great

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,677
    Options

I would only want them to replace DCs in public matches.

100% if a survivor DCs, having a bot that might occasionally do a bit of gens and run away from the killer in a straight line would be better than having literally no one, and it allows the killer to get their bbq stacks.

If a killer DCs I wouldn't be opposed to them being replaced by a bot, but given that they are the only player on the opposing team I think it would also make sense to not replace killers who DC and just continue to end the match as it does now.

Custom games should absolutely have bots so that I can test stuff out

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2022
    Options

well my playtime says it all for me:

DBD: 2250 hours

Monstrum 20 minutes

Because the first time I played Monstrum I was like this is dumb, should've returned it. Bots are lame

• Breezy_Wheezy
    Breezy_Wheezy Member Posts: 5
    Options

I for one think bots would be a fantastic edition for the game. I don't know about public match bots OTHER than to replace dcs, but I love the idea of adding bots so people can practice in customs.

I wonder if this will prompt the removal of the dc penalty system if this is added tho...

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

Please and thank you.

Enemies don't get gold and EXP for kills or anything - what does anyone have to lose?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

Bots in KYF - sure, why not. Even tho, I would make them pretty simple and bad so that you dont play only Bot-Games. DBD is a Multiplayer Game, people should play with other humans and not with Bots. So Bots in KYF would be there to do some stuff to test out new Maps or new Killers/Perks. But not to have actual games which are compareable to the regular experience.

And I am totally against Bots in Public Matches. I would rather play a 3v1 than having a Bot replacing a DCed player who just helps out the Killer by giving Pain Resonance- or PGTW-value.

• Adjatha
    Adjatha Member Posts: 1,814
    Options

They can't get bots into this game fast enough.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,734
    Options

Totally fine with it, I would probably play bot matches by choice at times, just to relax and take a break from the toxicity (of mostly survivors). I say bring on the bots FAST! I just hope they are a bit smarter than the ones in the tutorial

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

I want killer and survivor bots as well.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

With all the tunneling-off-hook-till-dead at gen 5 and face-camping at gen 5, my guess is that survivor mains would just stop playing live games against killer-players and end up having more fun games.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2022
    Options

or we actually enjoy PVP, you know, real player vs player, not scripted bots that get stuck behind trees.

Shaming PVP players who want to versus other players in a game designed around PVP is silly imo.

This is a pvp game, go play CUPHEAD if you wanna boss fights.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

Disagree with 3v1 being better. At least the bot will do some gens. It'll go down quickly but there's a good chance the person it replaced also did. A killer bot replacement might not be a very interesting opponent but could farm some BP and rift challenges out of it, maybe with some guilt-free bullying thrown in.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421
    Options

I'm absolutely thrilled at the thought of survivors wasting their time bullying, clicking and tbagging a killer only to find out they were doing that crap to a machine without feelings.

• FrostyEyesSusie
    FrostyEyesSusie Member Posts: 421
    Options

On another note it's hilarious that the people most opposed to bots are also the ones who defend that bming the killer is fine. lol

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513
    Options

also enough to make Nemesis' zombies a bit competent.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,503
    Options

A Bot does not make a 3v1 to a 4v1. It is more likely that it is a 3v1 with a Bot which feeds the Killer BPs and gives value to Hook-Perks. Sure, some teammates also feel like they are a second Killer, but those are the same as a Bot - you are better off without them.

The thing is, a Bot who replaces a DCed Survivor will only really be beneficial for the Killer. Same as the DC-Penalty in general, if a Survivor does not want to play, they can just suicide on Hook, giving the Killer value. For the Survivors it does not matter if the teammate DCs or suicides, the outcome is the same.

And IMO, if someone DCs, the Killer does not need to have another advantage by having a Bot who feeds them their Pain Resonance or PGTW-activations.

I also dont want to see a Bot-Killer when the Killer DCs. I would rather go into the next game, because I play DBD to play against actual players. If I want to play against an AI, I would play other games.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

I wouldn't want them used to fill lobbies but I feel its fine as long as they replace DCs.

• foxofthestars
    foxofthestars Member Posts: 157
    Options

💯💯💯 I'm down for bots being added for this reason as well.