The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sooo, Im really sick of SWF

Im constantly being paired against SWF ( I know because its confirmed in end game chat) The most concerning thing is that I was playing as a brand new killer that I had never even tried before with one perk. First game and I get paired with one again, resulting in a game I cant possibly enjoy. Please for the love of god, stop SWF pairing until I at least have four slot perks opened.

I rarely play killer as it is because of SWF and now I can't even try a new killer without SWF toxicity

Comments

• Nitpohls
    Nitpohls Member Posts: 18

Fair enough, but doesn't a coordinated team perpetuate the issue of t hem being "good"?

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

15% difference in escape rates implies something different

It's common knowledge SWF is OP. But now there is even a statistic to point to as well

• VirtuaTyKing
    VirtuaTyKing Member Posts: 465
    edited April 2022

They are the most toxic when they lose or win too. Pretty sad state of affairs when the killer is needed for them to even play.

I had one swf that just wanted to fool about with 4 head on's. Was pretty funny when they somehow knocked a locker down on me.

They never even touched gens.

Memorable game that!

Generally it's rough though when they communicate your every move. Just plain silly really.

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

This game is so old that you are not going to be able to avoid playing against experienced opponents whether they play together or not. It is an ancient problem and all you can do is try your best and earn as much bp as you can.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

Can't complain about SWF on the forums, man. You're just deflecting blame for your loss. The survivors' performance is never in question, but yours always is.

• Yankus
    Yankus Member Posts: 638

I played DBD with Xbox game pass. My very first game ever I played as a lvl 1 Trapper with 1 perk. I got 4 rank 1 SWF, 4 DHs, Coh, etc. If that was my first game ever I'd uninstall the game and never play again lol.

• Nitpohls

In my limited experience, its not just about skill but level of fun. Going against tougher opponents CAN be fun, its the toxicity that swf brings. Just had another game against 3 bills macroing flashlight clicks all game. SWF toxicity is definately driving me away from playing killer even more than it has.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,198

Point of order: the wording in BHVR's statement was something along the lines of "a difference of as much as 15% at some MMR brackets."

We don't know what that escape rate is, if it's even problematic, or what that MMR is when that differential takes place. If a solo player had a 35% escape rate that jumped to 50% in SWF, it wouldn't mean SWF was OP. But that would be a literal 15% jump. Even if we take them literally at a flat 15% (which we shouldn't), there are still unknowns.

• OpenX
    OpenX Member Posts: 890

Most other popular games limit the team sizes in ranked mode. Apex legends keeps 3 stacks out of solo / duo Q lobbies. League limits you to a duo in a 5v5 game, etc etc. Just saying "I am going for the save" on discord is worth like 3+ perk slots to the team. So many other competitive games acknowledge the difference in performance between people on voice comms and people who are not.

DBD just throws them all together in a nice unbalanced and lazy mess. The survivor's skill has nothing to do with the problem.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

Join the huge ass club....

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Honestly, being sick of swf is like being sick of tunneling.

If you can't get used to it, better find a new game.

• Nitpohls

If you read my original comment, im sick of SWF toxicity when it's paired against brand new killers who haven't had a chance to learn. All Im suggesting is that low level killers (pre 4 slots unlocked) should not be subjected to them. I can deal with them (mostly) on the killers I have leveled and had a chance to understand.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

I feel you. I'm pretty exclusively solo myself, but understand the frustration.

However, swf seems to be a big part of the player base, and as such you gotta expect you will meet them in game.

Is it always fair, no. But MM is a ######### show currently. And just being a swf does not necessarily make them good. Regardless, killers are getting ranked with available players because of the gap in killer to survivors ratio.

Sad but true. So killers have less room to grow before being thrown to the wolves.

• MilManson
    MilManson Member Posts: 939

SWF isn't healthy for the game.

• Sepex
    Sepex Member Posts: 1,451

How many I hate swf posts have we had in the last 5-6 years now?

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

I'm a survivor main and I hate playing with SWF people because it's hell. But you can't talk about it here, it's like Bruno pretty much...

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358

Just like how nurse is the worst killer with 40 something % killrate huh?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Didnt you get the memo?

According to this Forum, all Survivors are trash at the game, but became a godlike tournament squad when they are a 4 man SWF. Because 4 trash Survivors together will be unbeatable.

Yeez, arguing reasonable that the Survivors might have just been good.

• sickdeathfiend
    sickdeathfiend Member Posts: 137

true and real. Why add mmr and not the other stuff that goes with it to keep it playable.