Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nerf Pentimento

Okay, let me set the situation. My friend and I were playing together with two randoms. We were fighting a wraith which wasn't an issue until he had ruin. So we decided to get rid of it, then we had to get rid of undying. None of this is bad, it's a normal match. But when we realized he has pentimento and thanatophobia we knew we were in for a rough match. I think its ridiculous if my gens take like 2 and a half minutes to do.

Thanatophobia already has a 20% decrease in gen repair speed, so you're telling me by destroying one totem and playing obj that the killer gets rewarded with an additional 30 percent gen repair decrease?

I just want to know what you guys think. Maybe I'm in the wrong but I just think it's ridiculous.

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Pentimento is fine. If you see killer has this perk, back totem and destroy it again. Killer can not use it forever. Plus boons are counters it very well, you can bless hex totems.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    edited April 2022

Well, to have Pentimento, it means you relit, as a killer, totems that survivors know the location. So if there is Pentimento, the ones that have cleansed any totems have to go back to these locations.

The killer can't relit more than one time a same cleansed totem, so it's not infinite. Once you cleansed it again, the killer won't be able to lit it

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

You realize the destroyed totem is the exact same spot the rekindled totem is? Just get rid of it and it'll be gone forever.

• Plsfix369
    Plsfix369 Member Posts: 566

Its balanced, do bones, then do it 5 more times.

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

Pentimento is kinda endgame in solo q, w/ a 4 hex build, ngl

• fulltonon
    fulltonon Member Posts: 5,762

what

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

Pentimento is fine. In most situations it's completely useless and it's really hard to get max value out of.