The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is artist still going to get changes?

So for people who aren't aware, New killers normally get changes either the next chapter release or the midchapter after the next chapter. They're not always big, sometimes its just add-on number tweaks, but its normally something.

Portrait of a Murder releases, time passes, no changes with the Onryo release and no changes with the recent midchapter.

Are the changes still coming? Are we going to see changes with the anniversary chapter?

Comments

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

I don't think Artist needs any changes. The most she need is a few Add-on buffs and reworks

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I don't think Artist needs any changes,besides maybe making her Iris not useless.Either way I'm fine with them focusing on Sadako instead since she actually needs urgent help.

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274

That would take a single iota of professionalism, foresight, and coordination from a dev team with questionable leadership.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Artist doesn’t need any basekit changes. A few addons could use some work, but overall she’s in a good spot.

• Exxodus21
    Exxodus21 Member Posts: 1,170

I hope so. Swarms should last a little bit longer on survivors or have some additional effect and the damage range of her crows should be slightly longer. A lot of her add-ons need help too.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

I think they should nerf her 1v1 by slowing her down more when placing crows, cancelling her power and when launching crows, but reduce her crow launch cooldown by 2~ seconds to encourage long range shots. The long-range aspects of her kit are so much more fun, higher skill and uniquely strong than the generic "place crow at loop, go around other side, guaranteed injury" zoning aspects.

• Inferno427
    Inferno427 Member Posts: 232

add-on changes are things that have happened. all pinhead got changed was add-on numbers for instance.

it's more about the procedure then any drastic need.

• Leachy_Jr
    Leachy_Jr Member Posts: 2,196

Hopefully she does, and hopefully it's buffs to her repel time and cooldowns.

• SunsetSherbet
    SunsetSherbet Member Posts: 1,607

Don't fix what isn't broke.

• CrowVortex
    CrowVortex Member Posts: 961

Think they should remove her killer instinct addons tbh, more of a hindrance than a help. Perhaps replace it with additional swarm add-ons, such as disturbing a crow increases the repel timer by 1 or 2 seconds while swarmed.

• Steel_Eyed
    Steel_Eyed Member Posts: 4,032

I think she has one too many forms of counterplay. I think I mostly wish her crow bombs were re-initiated.

An unintended consequent of that nerf is shown with the addon Ink Egg, a very rare. I think it was intended to be the ultimate crow bomb addon, which would have earned its Very Rare color. Without crow bombs, this addon does not appear to be effective in any form.

She also can have her birds removed through lockers, burned by flashlights, and (since the nerf) ran through by survivors who want to prevent their teammates from being hit by a bird. These kinds of counterplay are very common and my ask is to either have one of these removed (crow bombs for the nth time) or have her cooldown reduced slightly to compensate for missed opportunities.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,085

It's a "no".

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

What should be changed? I think Artist is fine as she is.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932
    edited April 2022

I'm hoping she gets a nerf. She shouldn't be able to injure/down you if you aren't swarmed. She'll be fine after these changes.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    edited April 2022

Why shouldn't she injure? That change would pretty much kill her, having to hit 4 shots with a big cooldown and that are moderately easy to dodge would simply take too long.

It'd probably take longer than downing a Survivor as Nemesis with just the Tentacle Strike and Dead Hard

• scoser
    scoser Member Posts: 482

I'm actually fine with how she is now. If they were to increase repel time based upon distance the crow traveled before it hit you, that would be cool to reward longer range playstyles, giving you the option for some crazy follow up hit to get the injury if you can nail the prediction.

• Mavericks
    Mavericks Member Posts: 89

The artist is fine. Addons are also varied. The only thing I would like to see is a lower cooldown if you send 2-3 crows flying.