Just found a Legacy Hacker, what should i do?

Options

I confirmed by his achievements, i need a mod...

Comments

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    Options

Report them in game so there is a match ID.

Then from the drop down on this site

https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Select "Additional Player Report Information".

• Bug_Reporter
    Bug_Reporter Member Posts: 673
    edited January 2019
    Options

He was on my lobby, but left with his friends after 5 minutes of waiting. I still has his steam profile and screenshot from the lobby and more proof.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

If people can hack Legacy into the game, then there is nothing stopping BHVR from restoring my lost Legacy.

• Seanzu
    Options

@Peanits @MandyTalk

Can we have clarification on this?

I also have someone who has legacy (his account was created after the cut off date)

Can we still report someone for hacked legacy even if we didn't manage to play a match with them but have their Steam 64ID?

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:
    @Peanits @MandyTalk

I also have someone who has legacy (his account was created after the cut off date)

Can we still report someone for hacked legacy even if we didn't manage to play a match with them but have their Steam 64ID?

The problem is that this guy doesnt have his own screenshot using legacy, which were used as proof for my previous legacy hackers report in the past, i hope some mod appears here so we can talk about that.

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131
    Options

If you didn't report in game then it's too late now.
    There is a reason why screenshots and steam profile is not accepted anymore.

• Bug_Reporter
    Options

@BigBubs said:

How to report them in the lobby?

• micsan
    micsan Member Posts: 95
    Options

Why they don't bring back the legacy skins is beyond me...If it really was as grindy as people make it seem, just have them unlock by prestiging further then p3.

So many people want them, myself included. They cool AF.

I haven't prestiged anyone yet, as I'm still on my teachable perks grind. But I'm probably just going to stop going for Blood Points so hard once I get everything and skip the bloody skins. They not cool AF.

• weirdkid5
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

@BigBubs said:

How to report them in the lobby?

If you hover your mouse over their name, in the post game screen, there will be an option that either lets you give the player props or report them. You'll need to manually search up their STEAM ID and manually type it into the report before you leave the post game screen.

• weirdkid5
    Options

Since I record every match I play, I also save a Twitch Highlight of what happens and include the link to the clip in my report as well, for further proof.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

@micsan said:
    Why they don't bring back the legacy skins is beyond me...If it really was as grindy as people make it seem, just have them unlock by prestiging further then p3.

I haven't prestiged anyone yet, as I'm still on my teachable perks grind. But I'm probably just going to stop going for Blood Points so hard once I get everything and skip the bloody skins. They not cool AF.

I don't even want them like the bloody skins i'm sure it just makes you a target in the game.

• micsan
    edited January 2019
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

@micsan said:

I don't even want them like the bloody skins i'm sure it just makes you a target in the game.

I don't really mind that.

But in any case, I think it could go both ways. A killer sees bloody or legacy skins and avoids the target because they know they can loop, compared to someone in a vanilla skin.

If I play as killer and see two survivors, a blendette and a bloody jake or whatever, I'm 100% going for the blendette.

• micsan
    Options

@NekoGamerX said:

@micsan said:

>

I don't really mind that, the game isn't much about hiding and avoiding the killer when playing at higher ranks. Tracking perks and know-how killers make it suboptimal, and you don't get gens done by hiding.

Either I'm in a chase or I'm doing gens. With that being my playstyle I don't really need to be able to hide. Besides, I don't know if my team knows how to extend the chase effectively, in my group of friends that I play with only two of us know how to do this. Staying hidden until you get found just to figure out that someone wasted all the pallets also sucks.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

DESTROY THEM AND THE FAMILY (jk) report them, we don't need anymore modders in this game

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Options
    I'm surprised that people care so much about others legacy skin. I mean, it's not like that they have used speedhack or similar and destroyed your match lol
  • Seanzu
    Options

@DwightsLifeMatters said:
    I'm surprised that people care so much about others legacy skin. I mean, it's not like that they have used speedhack or similar and destroyed your match lol

It involves editing save files, which means they've also probably cheated any items/bp they have, which shouldn't be done imo.

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

Yes, you can. As long as you've got a good reason to suspect they cheated, we would gladly take a look. Just keep in mind that achievements alone are not enough for us to ban them. They can be a good indicator, but there's a whole list of issues with certain achievements not going off when they should.

We can check save files through the backend, don't worry. You don't need to have a video of it.
  • Seanzu
    Options

@Peanits said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

Yes, you can. As long as you've got a good reason to suspect they cheated, we would gladly take a look. Just keep in mind that achievements alone are not enough for us to ban them. They can be a good indicator, but there's a whole list of issues with certain achievements not going off when they should.

The cut off date for Legacy was November 2016, right? The guys Steam achievement for creating account was "Been A Steam Member Since September 2017" would that be enough? He hasn't even had his steam account long enough to have legacy.

• weirdkid5
    Options

@SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

The cut off date for Legacy was November 2016, right? The guys Steam achievement for creating account was "Been A Steam Member Since September 2017" would that be enough? He hasn't even had his steam account long enough to have legacy.

Big oof

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,413
    Options
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

It would be. At the very least we will check it if you send it in. If you've got a reason to suspect they've cheated their save file, you can report it. It's when someone's just throwing a hundred darts at the board and hoping some of them stick is when it becomes a problem.
  • CornChip
    CornChip Member Posts: 540
    Options

who cares

• Seanzu
    Options

@CornChip said:
    who cares

It's file editing, it's a safe bet they've hacked other things in.

• Seanzu
    Options

@Peanits said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

It would be. At the very least we will check it if you send it in. If you've got a reason to suspect they've cheated their save file, you can report it. It's when someone's just throwing a hundred darts at the board and hoping some of them stick is when it becomes a problem.

Done, thanks for clarifying.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@Peanits said:
    SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits said:

SenzuDuck said:

@Peanits @MandyTalk

I've seen a bunch of these and almost all have close to the same date when I've reported them for account creation.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

what should you do? dont u have empathy for an human (hacker) being?

I would not report, just let him have fun with hacks

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,002
    Options

@BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

and have eac ruin them

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options

@Bug_Reporter said:

My principal is like this: as long as it doesn't ruin my or others fun Idc
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,197
    Options

@micsan said:

@NekoGamerX said:

@micsan said:

>

I don't really mind that, the game isn't much about hiding and avoiding the killer when playing at higher ranks. Tracking perks and know-how killers make it suboptimal, and you don't get gens done by hiding.

Either I'm in a chase or I'm doing gens. With that being my playstyle I don't really need to be able to hide. Besides, I don't know if my team knows how to extend the chase effectively, in my group of friends that I play with only two of us know how to do this. Staying hidden until you get found just to figure out that someone wasted all the pallets also sucks.

that fair..

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Report them.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options

BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

Achievement hackers aren't hurting anyone either, but they get VAC banned either way.

Really? That's such a waste of time to hunt achievement hackers lol, who cares about others achievements?
  • PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154
    edited January 2019
    Options

Really? That's such a waste of time to hunt achievement hackers lol, who cares about others achievements?

Achievement hacks and Legacy hacks are the result of hacked safefiles. It's safe to assume that those players also hacked the lesser obvious things like items and bloodpoints while they were at it, which has a big impact.

Unless you think an endless amount of items, add-ons and offerings have no impact?

And if we're honest, no one likes hackers, doesn't matter how far they went. Do it the legit way or get banned.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options
    PiiFree said:

Achievement hacks and Legacy hacks are the result of hacked safefiles. It's safe to assume that those players also hacked the lesser obvious things like items and bloodpoints while they were at it, which has a big impact.

Unless you think an endless amount of items, add-ons and offerings have no impact?

And if we're honest, no one likes hackers, doesn't matter how far they went. Do it the legit way or get banned.

Idk tbh, I verse moris and the strongest addons, insta heals, flashlights and keys so frequently at red ranks that it doesn't matter for me at least. But I see where you are coming from.
  • weirdkid5
    Options

EntityDispleased said:

BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

Achievement hackers aren't hurting anyone either, but they get VAC banned either way.

Cheating in a multiplayer video game of any kind should be punished.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    Options

Report them

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options
    weirdkid5 said:

EntityDispleased said:

BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

Cheating in a multiplayer video game of any kind should be punished.

That wasn't my question 
  • powerbats
    Options

BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

If they're legacy hacking they';re almost always hacking bp and items/addons as well so they're ruining yours and others fun then.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    Options
    powerbats said:

BACKSTABBER said:

@Bug_Reporter said:

If they're legacy hacking they';re almost always hacking bp and items/addons as well so they're ruining yours and others fun then.

Copy pasting my previous post to that:
    "Idk tbh, I verse moris and the strongest addons, insta heals, flashlights and keys so frequently at red ranks that it doesn't matter for me at least. But I see where you are coming from."
  • powerbats
    Options

Copy pasting my previous post to that:
    "Idk tbh, I verse moris and the strongest addons, insta heals, flashlights and keys so frequently at red ranks that it doesn't matter for me at least. But I see where you are coming from."

While I can understand that point of view i'm thinking more of the average or newer players since those players aren't going to be adapted to it like the more experienced players are. Thus not reporting someone allows them to ruin way more games.

• ElijahDiamond04
    Options

@weirdkid5 Same... I lost all my progress like a month before Legacy was out and not achievable... And so I literally had no chance of getting Legacy because they gave me the bloodpoints I should of had back around Jan 2017... (Yes I know this is an old post... But it just makes me sad that DbD made me lose Legacy...)