Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is "Thrill of the Hunt" still a Hex perk and not a normal one?

^title.

I thought the whole idea of Hex perks is that they are stronger than normal perks but can be disabled by the survivors as tradeoff.

Thrill of the Hunt's power and impact is mediocre at best ever since its notification when a survivor starts cleansing your hex totems got removed.

If it was not a Hex perk then it would at least be a soft-counter vs Boon totem spam

Comments

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

Have been wondering this same thing. There is still no reason for Thril of the Hunt to be a Hex...

• Bommelkopf
    Bommelkopf Member Posts: 25
    edited April 2022

Nah. Back in the days when the sound notification was still a thing, it was necessary that TotH is a hex or else it would have been way too easy to protect a powerful perk like Ruin or Devour, especially with a 3 gen stack nearby.

This is not a thing anymore and now it makes no sense as others agreed as well.

It just seems like an Oversight by bhvr to me

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707

I believe (and this might be an unpopular opinion) that thrill of the hunt is better now than it was before it got changed. Not just because of the higher penalty, but because it has a second use now; not only does it slow down cleansing, but it makes survivors have to spend longer to put up COH and COH is still a busted perk. If COH eventually gets nerfed into something useless then thrill would lose some value, but until then it has that added benefit.

Having said that, it being a hex perk and also getting weaker over time while it’s still up is redundant imo. I think it should be a hex but shouldn’t have tokens; it should just have a flat cleansing and blessing penalty on all totems for as long as it’s active.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Thrill is fine how it is. Quite underrated.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

What's even funnier the last change to Thrill was it got nerfed so it couldn't be used as a counter to Boons 🤣.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

The perk's design is awful. You can tell it was nerfed. A hex that simply makes hexes take longer to cleanse? What an asinine perk! It's like a survivor main designed it!

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,367

Do you mean how weak hexes are in comparison to CoH? Because every other boon is highly situational at best.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

Since survivors can choose where and when to set up their boon. On top of being able to relight them as often as they want, boons are in every single aspect superior to hexes.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Did you genuinely forget it also affects blessing speeds now as well, or conveniently not mention that?

• Bommelkopf
    Bommelkopf Member Posts: 25

Yeah if it wasn't a hex that would boost its viability hard in the current boon meta

• dictep
    dictep Member Posts: 1,333

Yes, if they do something. But boon perks are trash (not COH, of course)

• dictep
    edited April 2022

In comparison to any other perk in the game. I didn’t see any of them used alone, without coh

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    edited April 2022

Shadow Step can be devastating on indoor maps.

Exponential is extremely powerful in a SWF and against killers that rely on slugging.

Everyone concentrates on CoH, but ignores that the other boons can also be game changers. Perhaps not for solo queue, but definetly for SWF.

But we´re getting off topic here. This is about Thrill not deserving to be a hex perk.

• dictep

I use exponential, ub it’s better, but when exponential activates it’s so funny. But with the COH nerf you’ll see less of them. The other 2 are totally trash

• ColonGlock
    ColonGlock Member Posts: 1,224

I have been trying it with Undying and never seem to see any survivor auras around totems. If it showed all totem locations the perk would be so much more useful.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

The sound notification should never have been removed. It was the most unnecessary perk nerf I've ever seen. It would have been healthy for the game to have a counter for boons, but the devs decided to remove it to push boons into the game instead.

The nerf should be reverted.

• Malkhrim
    Malkhrim Member Posts: 963

By the way, remember when Hex: Undying aura reading was nerfed only because it was "redundant" with Thrill's notification? Well, there is no reason left not to buff the aura reading back, then.