Why is the nurse and blight considered OP?

AcelynnBen
AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

Im curious, i mostly play sneaky killers and nemesis or pyramid head sometimes but what's the thing that makes nurse and blight so damn op like everyone says

is it because they can traverse the map so quickly and u are used to trapper having to cross 4 countries just to find the gen already done?

im seriously so confused, you can easily outplay both of them if uk how, assuming they aren't some tournament players

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,215

Nurse's counterplay is different than the standard killers. Most players don't know how to play against her and don't get enough practice against her because she's so unique. She's not that popular, and the odds of facing a really good Nurse are even less. You might run into a good Nurse once a week at most depending on your server. That's not a lot of time to practice. She doesn't "ignore everything" like you'll commonly read, but she plays her own game.

Blight has several ridiculous add ons and really good synergy with meta perks.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

Because nurse is objectively the best killer in the game without question and always will be without serious retuning.

Blight because he synergises well with meta perks and has busted add ons

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012

yes and i got out, even with a nurse being on my back for 70% of the game

• BenOfMilam
    BenOfMilam Member Posts: 911
    edited April 2022

High mobility and short chases. That's really all you need to be a strong killer. Spirit is in the same boat; Her power can be used both to get around the map quickly and down survivors quickly.

Killers like Billy and Wraith that have high mobility and longer chases can struggle if they take chases at the wrong tiles. Killers like Slinger and Twins with short chase and poor mobility struggle by having lengthy patrols and poor time efficiency.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

- Nurse ignores every survivor defense and has crazy mobility.

- Blight is fine, save for the Alchemist's Ring + Blighted Crow combo and the 180 flick. But every meta build or good perk is great on him.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Well if ur winning consistently as a killer, doesn't that make them actually "op"? If you get an average of a 2k each game that seem balanced but if he getting a 4k every game or almost every game, I think that does tell you they need a toning down.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

Because they both can deny most of the meta survivor perks, which focus around gaining distance from killer, which means nothing to those two.

Yes, those killers are incredibly strong, but for a price of being quite difficult. If difficult can even describe how frustrating Nurse gameplay can be.

Outplaying both of them is easy if they're mediocre players, but if you're against an OTP, who's mind and body is filled with a single thought of getting y'alls cheeks clapped, all you can do is just take it.

I'm never mad when I get outplayed by them. I may be an experienced survivor and killer with thousands of hours, but even I know when to admit defeat.

But for survivors it's just easier to cry about the game being "killer sided", where it's clearly not. They just can't accept that not always they're gonna have an advantage

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910

Because most people do not know how to play well against either, and matchmaking inherently cannot always give even skill matches when there are way too few good players on in a region at any given moment. So the good and god players are paired with worse players, and obviously, that ends up with the better side winning, except people blame that as a balance issue instead. Neither are actually a problem, outside of Torn Bookmark/distance blink add-ones/Alchemist Ring/Compound 33.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045
    edited April 2022

Blight's add-ons are good, but definitely not the strongest in the game. He's got too many duds for that. Sure, Alchemist's Ring and arguably Adrenaline Vial is busted, and Blighted Crow and C33 are very good. But most of his others don't stand out. The only ones that do are Blight Tag - incredibly situational, clunky, and often leads to you ignoring hits you could've gotten if you just played normally in favour of an instadown that's easy to predict and play around - and Summoning Stone, which is a decent add-on. That's 7/20, usually a little over the average in terms of good add-ons for killers. Sure, Blight's top add-ons are extremely strong, but they don't hold a candle to things like the Tombstones and Fragrant Tuft on Myers, or MDR and Cherry Blossom on Spirit, or Bookmark, Wheeze and KLB on Nurse, or Mint Rag and Shackles on Hag, etcetera.

Meanwhile, his browns are all useless or outclassed, his 2 Slam duration add-ons mostly hinder you, his 2 turning add-ons are unnecessary, half of his purples (Vigo's Journal and Soul Chemical) are memey gimmicks that don't really do anything, Compound 21 is extremely overrated, Canker Thorn is just a feel good add-on, etc.

Don't get me wrong, he certainly has a good selection, but every killer should have good add-ons, regardless of how strong the killer is. I don't think any of Blight's add-ons should be nerfed besides Alchemist's Ring, and maybe C33 and Adrenaline Vial. Maybe.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I respectfully disagree.

-Slam duration addons increase your movement speed after bumping which is helpful for repositioning.

-Blight Tag is very good because you don't necessarily need to hinder yourself to use it, and if you learn to use it it's dangerously effective. It's one of those addons that gives the killer a whole different playstyle that needs to be learned separately.

-Vigo's journal can be really good for sneaking up on survivors and for mindgaming survivors in tiles.

-Compound 21 is incredibly helpful for flicking around loops to get hits.

• Kurri
    Kurri Member Posts: 1,599

They are not? Just because they are strong does not mean they are "OP". They take a considerable amount of skill, and it pays off.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,472

yea but heres the thing, can be good, can be helpful, there isn't much guaranteed value in blight addons, most of it requires some base level of skill, most of the addons are upgrades but are also nothing or even downgrades if you can't use them.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

They aren't considered OP by anyone who's played the game a decent amount of time.

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546

I mean, if you don't have that base level of skill when playing Nurse and Blight then you're already going to lose.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

They aren’t with base kit. Maybe if the Nurse is running bookmark or Blight is running Alchemist and with strongest perks, but it’s more likely that people see them so much and get tired of them and figure the solution is to nerf them instead of buffing the weaker killers which is the superior option.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

Nurse has no realistic counter, she ignores everything.

Blight isn’t OP its just alchem ring

• El_Gingero
    El_Gingero Member Posts: 1,147

For killers, strong = OP, average = strong, weak = balanced.

• madradfox
    madradfox Member Posts: 190
    edited April 2022

Blight is fine.

Nurse on the other hand has already crossed the OP line. I would not have called her OP a year ago; the best killer avaiable? Absolutely. Overpowered? Not quite yet. That changed when the fire nations attacked....

I think it was about 6 months or so that Otz made a point of saying that many already available perks cannot be buffed because of Nurse. Similarly, many fantastic ideas for killer perks cannot be implemented because if equipped by the Nurse they would be game-breaking.

The devs however were either not aware or simply ignored such warnings, and introduced such changes anyway.

As a result, new perks like Scourge Hook: Floods of Pain - perfectly fine perk for all other killers - are invariably broken when used by the Nurse.

Nurse with Agitation, Starstruck, Floods of Pain, and Distressing/Lethal Pursuer/Devour Hope simply cannot be played against.

How do you protect yourself from Starstruck+Floods of Pain combo? Even if you wait out the full 30 seconds for exposed to go away - risking stage 2 in the process - you still won't be able to prevent the Nurse from getting the Floods of Pain bonus: an insanely long 7 seconds of seeing everyone's auras making the hits from this killer impossible to avoid. On top of that, by the time you are done with the unhook the nurse is guaranteed to be far enough away to gain a Devour Hope token and then good luck getting rid of that once they get to 3. Floods of Pain ends up being a very substantial buff to Infectious Freight (a fine perk, except that it operated very differently when used by the Nurse). You get 1 extra second of aura reading, you no longer need to put anyone in the dying state first, you no longer need to leave anyone slugged on the ground before going after another survivor, there is no map range limit, and if you combine it with Starstruck there will only be a 30 second for survivors to execute the unhook without survivors risking stage 2 . This means Nurses can leave the hook, check on a couple of gens and if unhook happens they will most likely get one use of FoP+Starstruck, and if there has been no unhook after 35 seconds then they can just blink back to the hook and either block or force next stage that way, getting a huge time discount on it.

Finally, we still have the same old elephant in the room: All of nurse's hits - with and without the blink - are considered Basic Attacks.

All fast or projective-based attacks that can actually do damage you are special attacks. All except for the one based on a mechanic that allows it to ignore distance and physical LOS obstacles.

Blight's Rush is a Special attack, Huntess' Hatchets, Demogorgon's Shred, Nemesis' Whip, Pig's rush, Victor's Pounce, the Trickster's Knives, the Artist's birds (these cannot even do damage if there are physical barriers in the way on the first hit), the Plague's Purge, and Pyramid Head's Rites are all Special Attacks. Nurse's Blink is the only outlier.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

Because a good Nurse is not something the average player can compete with.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Nurse is only limited by the player and puts the mindgames on the survivor.

Basekit blight is fine. Blight with addons and exploits is almost nurse level.

• nostrada96ass
    nostrada96ass Member Posts: 257

biased and exaggerated.. you forgot nurse not easy as survivor

just other killers not being taken seriously because the nurse is too strong right now

and otz is not a bible kid, he is average sweaty player, nothing more

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

"Because Nurse isn't easy, she can be as OP as I want"

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,090

The Nurse just because she ignores all the OP loops, and Blight because he's a decent killer with decent add-ons (can't have that, can we?).

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,890

Because they can actually somewhat compete in a 1v4 against competent players.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Blight I wouldn’t consider op. I love playing against him even if he’s really good. Nurse I would say is OP especially if the player knows what their doing

• eaebree
    eaebree Member Posts: 288

Blight is perfect killer i would say most balanced in the game all killers should be like him power wise hard to play but fun and able to compete! same is when playing against him idk why people cry about him while get toxic when they have easy games against weak killers like they are gods of game hah.

And for nurse she can be boring to play against because she ignores everything that is normal gameplay in game she is out of place but for me i dont mind her i would only want people not to suicide and dc when they play against her you cant win every match oh maybe that is to boost her kill rate eo she get nerfed right? 🤣

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,592

Some survivor (mains) say that because Nurse isn't easily avoided with the basic loop-DH-pallet tactic and Blight has a good map coverage and basically can be on you in no time either. (Among other details.)

That opinion is flawed of course. Nurse has plenty of weaknesses (just not the same than a Trapper or any mostly M1 killer) as Blight does. Each killer should be versed using a different tactic.

I find good survivors able to dodge me (as Nurse) all the time. Yesterday I went against a guy with whom I had minute-long chases. (And still, I've been called a "God" Nurse by many players who do not realize I was only lucky a few times or they were simply not very good to begin with).

The counter argument for the ones calling any killer OP is simple. They only need to take that killer for a spin, win lots of games and see how "easy" they have it when they verse actually good survivors. (And maybe learn from them how to beat that killer). Strangely enough, nobody seems to ever does this (with one exception, on this forum, I'm sorry I forgot his name). I guess learning is hard and complaining is easier.

Note that on the last statistics, Nurse has the lowest kill rate. That's how easy it is to win with her.

• drsoontm

An addendum: it's kind of funny how some say Nurse ignores "the laws of the game" when she is part of the game and thus part of the laws. (Not specifically on this thread.) Instead they should say "ignores the laws they've made up for the game". Accuracy is key.

• drsoontm

Not to mention he doesn't seem to take into account he isn't an average player and shouldn't assume every player is at his level. Yet, he does.

• Wampirita
    Wampirita Member Posts: 809

She takes the "survivor rulebook for killers" and shoves it back to their throats xD

• eaebree

Thats how you see somebody never played blight and wants to speak about it.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,366

What defences do survivors have then? Windows and pallets are useless, lockers only delay a hit by a couple of seconds, and using LOS blockers is a complete coin flip.

• DrDeepwound
    DrDeepwound Member Posts: 2,557
    edited April 2022

Mostly because survivors for the most part only play one side and don't play Blight enough to get good with him, if they did they'd understand his movement better. Same goes with nurse to an extent. I personally find it much easier to vs a killer if you are actually good with that killer yourself. You know timing, builds, etc,...

• MonsterInMyMind
    MonsterInMyMind Member Posts: 2,744
    edited April 2022

The point remains the same there's no downside for missing your attack when you're rewarded with your tokens back insanely quick there's also an Addon that makes it even faster so how this can even be debated lmao. Imagine Billy didn't have to charge up also Imagine a world where Billy didn't have, Overheat, that's Blight without the instant down. Billy was nerfed because he felt overwhelming, and if you can honestly say Blight doesn't give that same impression, I don't know what to tell you.

Secondly, I have played Blight and I find him just boring and I find his addons to be problematic just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean they haven't played the Killer in most cases yes, but I try Killers before forming an opinion. He's a problem.

• deKlaw_04
    deKlaw_04 Member Posts: 3,660

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one that struggles a lot vs clown. Lmao I’d rather face blight I stand more of a chance

• eaebree

Like all killers should be a problem and not toys for survivors to play with got it? If you really played blight against very good team you would have known better