These Pig buffs seem more like nerfs , tbh.

jaerthebear
jaerthebear Member Posts: 212
edited January 2019 in General Discussions
They nerfed her best add on, the combat straps, and upped her terror radius.

They also didn't address her add-ons, Amanda's Letter and Amanda's secret are still awful, and Rules set #2 Is still an add-on for some reason, not to meantion the various add ons that Increase skill check odds while searching a Jigsaw box, potentially benefitting whomever is afflicted with a trap.

Sure, they Made her crouch and un-crouch .07 seconds faster, which may seem like a good thing, but In my opinion, Its a moot change, because to get the precious effect of combat straps, you still have to use combat straps.

The speed that combat straps provided made some safe pallet loops , unsafe, but the current unaided speed, 1.3 seconds, sometimes isn't enough, that .3 seconds matters.

And sure, you can still use the combat straps, but that takes up an add on slot. So to get the same effect you had before, you STILL need the combat straps, to reach that level of Viablility, So you are left with the choice of: Take the combat straps, and use an add on slot, or, be more vulnerable to looping, neither scenario is good, its more a damned if you do damned if you don't decision.

They also increased her terror radius, though its not that big of a deal, since she can hide it at will.

Her map pressure is still awful, better than a small few, admittedly (Clown, for example) , but still very poor.

Overall, these buffs don't seem to amount to much, she seems to have been changed in a very minimalistic way, and it seems to be a one step forward, one step back scanario.  

All in all, Behavior seems to take to buffing killers very tentatively, and I understand why, Nobody wants more Legions/Nurses running around, however:

1. They don't make changes to killers often enough to be this tentative about it.

2. The buffs survivors have received this patch are very good. They increased the speed of the medium vault, and allowed survivors to maintain momentum after vaulting. On top of the great changes to Leader and Prove thyself.

The Killer changes, on the other hand, are not.

In my honest opinion, I feel that the absolute worst part is that the Pig will probably be left like this for a Lonnnnnnnnng time.

Just look at how long they took to do anything with surveillance.

It was left the way that it was (Widely considered the worst perk in the game) for nearly an entire year.

Pig is still in The Low-mid tier, These changes dont really seem to do much of anything.

All in all, this is a great patch overall, but I was hoping to see more substantial changes on the Killer's side.

Maybe, Hopefully, next patch.

Great change to Surveillance though.

Edit:

So, after playing about 20 Or-more-So  games with the pig, and getting a better feel for the changes, they aren't as bad as I thought, The post above reflects my first impressions of the changes where as this edit represents how I feel about the changes after some slightly extensive time with them.

I dont think they're too bad, In fact, I do think that they put her in a better place now, And I like the better fade in and fade out to her terror radius.

Still kinda bummed that they didn't change some of her add ons, but maybe in the future. 

Im interested to see how she will perform in the upcoming event, where she might have a bit more time to do her thing.

In fact, Im interested to see how all the Killers Will do with a bit more time.
Post edited by jaerthebear on

Comments

• jaerthebear

The reason it's a buff is that it gives you more comparable crouch speed to the addon's previous effects, without requiring the use of it. So you're harmed significantly less by using something else. Now you have more viability with setups that don't involve the combat straps, while still not taking away the old advantages of the addon should you choose to use it. And while the terror radius is bigger, it also fades and reappears faster when entering and leaving crouch, which is great for mindgaming and hiding. And that's not even discussing the farther placement of Jigsaw boxes, making traps take longer to remove if you're unlucky with finding your key. And while that's not the change to Jigsaw boxes I would have asked for, it's nice regardless. Overall as a Pig main, I'm happy with these changes.

Well, I'm glad you're happy with it.

Glhf
  • GhostrickSpecter
    GhostrickSpecter Member Posts: 460

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

• One of his perk is now good. it was useless before.
    • Better jigsaw boxes positions.
    • Decreased terror radius fade time.
    • Combat straps are no longer mandatory.
      All in exchange for an increase of 4 meters terror radius is a good deal IMO.
      Also, there are some people who play pig using Distressing and Unnerving Presence. so for them this is a complete buff without almost any handicap.

When did The Pig changed her gender tho lmao

No..nothing

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    IamFran said:

For me it's a buff.

Also, there are some people who play pig using Distressing and Unnerving Presence. so for them this is a complete buff without almost any handicap.
    Sorry but I'm not counting a buff to her teachable as above to her.

Her teachable has very little to no effect in her actual gameplay so you can't really pull that as a buff to Amanda rather it's above to the perk itself.

But I will agree with you on the other points I just kinda wish they gave her add-ons more of a touch up and maybe you did something about her awful couching movement speed
  • brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792
    Sure, it seems like a nerf if you have trouble wrapping your head around the actual changes.
  • TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2019

Only two things were made worse for Pig overall:

-TR was increased by 4m
    -TR fades back in faster when you get up from a crouch. (which is in a sense counteracted by the fact that her TR also fades out faster when crouching)

To say that Combat Straps technically being nerfed is an overall nerf for Pig doesn't really make sense because they buffed the base crouch speed such that using the Combat Straps still gives you the same crouch speed as using the Combat Straps before. The advantage now is that you still get most of the benefit of the old Combat Straps while still having both of your add-on slots free. If you still would rather just always use Combat Straps, nothing has changed for you in that regard (for better or worse).

I still think that she needs more buffs than this (particularly to her add-ons), but I definitely wouldn't agree that these buffs overall feel more like nerfs.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

one of his perk is now good, your talking about surveillance right, also I always knew amanda young was a transgender

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

one of his perk is now good, your talking about surveillance right, also I always knew amanda young was a transgender

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

I would like to see you both writing in a language which is not your native language. I'm pretty sure you would make grammatical mistakes. That's my case, if any of you speak spanish go to write something in spanish, I'm sure I would notice some grammatical mistakes. Also, some few phrases I use are traslated by google, because my english is not perfect.

• IamFran

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

I would like to see you both writing in a language which is not your native language. I'm pretty sure you would make grammatical mistakes. That's my case, if any of you speak spanish go to write something in spanish, I'm sure I would notice some grammatical mistakes. Also, some few phrases I use are traslated by google, because my english is not perfect.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    @Tsulan said:
    When I said that this is a nerf after reading the patch notes, people crucified me.
    I didn't, but what about Surveillance? I've been using it for the last 6 hours and it's awesome.
  • Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

@Vietfox said:
    @Tsulan said:

When I said that this is a nerf after reading the patch notes, people crucified me.

I didn't, but what about Surveillance? I've been using it for the last 6 hours and it's awesome.

It´s finally useful.
    I honestly thought the 16 seconds were a typo and no one noticed.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

It was a buff, but now we have another problem.
    More addons are useless, because they doesnt have much impact.

• Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780
    edited January 2019

Amanda's Letter is good, and has always been good. I agree with Amanda's Secret. I disagree with Rule Set no. 2. It is fine as an addon. I do think the rarity of it should go down, it is not good enough to be an ultra rare imo.

The terror radius fades faster now, so it shouldn't be too noticeable.

You can still get the exact same speed if you want to for her crouch, I really don't get why the rebalancing of the crouch speed and combat straps is such a big deal to you, the difference is miniscule.

EDIT: Oh yeah, remember the jigsaw boxes should be spawning further away from each other now, I would consider that a slight buff as well. ^^

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

how am I supposed to know your language?

• GhostrickSpecter

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

Why does it bothers you, anyway...Also, I'm not Spanish!

• PedoleonSpaceBeast
    PedoleonSpaceBeast Member Posts: 34
    edited January 2019

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

Ghostrick was just joking about you called The Pig as a "he"! I don't know what you're thinking, seems like you're getting too serious!

• IamFran

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

how am I supposed to know your language?

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

Why does it bothers you, anyway...Also, I'm not Spanish!

@PedoleonSpaceBeast said:

@IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

Ghostrick was just joking about you called The Pig as a "he"! I don't know what you're thinking, seems like you're getting too serious!

You are all right, sorry.

• TAG
    IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:
    For me it's a buff.

Yo speako el Spanisho very bueno.

(jk, I am of Hispanic descent and can speak Spanish okay-ish.  I won't fault you for English not being your first language).
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@jaerthebear said:

I am sorry, I am not that 'I stopped reading right there' kind of person but I admit, I didn't read what you had to say after your first sentence.

They didn't nerf her best addon. If you equip that addon, you get literally the same result before, you just don't depend on it as much as you used to do. It seems to me that you are so biased that you try to make everything look like they are 'nerf to killers'

• IamFran

@TAG said:
    IamFran said:

@GhostrickSpecter said:

@IamFran said:

For me it's a buff.

* One of his perk is now good. it was useless before.
    * Better jigsaw boxes positions.
    * Decreased terror radius fade time.
    * Combat straps are no longer mandatory.

No..nothing

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@IamFran said:

For me it's a buff.

* One of his perk is now good. it was useless before.
    * Better jigsaw boxes positions.
    * Decreased terror radius fade time.
    * Combat straps are no longer mandatory.

Yo speako el Spanisho very bueno.

(jk, I am of Hispanic descent and can speak Spanish okay-ish.  I won't fault you for English not being your first language).

Me alegro.
    By the way, in the spanish versión of DBD The Pig is called "El cerdo" like her being a male character because "La cerda" sounds a bit bad in spanish, anyway, It's an awful decision IMO considering she is a woman. If any of you have curiosity of the killer names in spanish here is the list.
    Pig - El cerdo
    Wraith - El espectro
    Hillbilly - El pueblerino
    Nurse - La enfermera
    Huntress - La cazadora
    Spirit - El espíritu
    Myers - La forma
    Hag - La bruja
    The doctor - El doctor
    The clown - El payaso
    Leatherface - El canibal
    Legion - La legión.
    Freddy - La pesadilla

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

@Tsulan said:

wait... how did you get off your crucifix??

GET HIM!

• jaerthebear
    edited January 2019
    Delfador said:

@jaerthebear said:

I am sorry, I am not that 'I stopped reading right there' kind of person but I admit, I didn't read what you had to say after your first sentence.

They didn't nerf her best addon. If you equip that addon, you get literally the same result before, you just don't depend on it as much as you used to do. It seems to me that you are so biased that you try to make everything look like they are 'nerf to killers'

Okay

1. Making assumptions is rude

2. They in fact , did, nerf her Combat straps add on.

Just because they buffed her Base crouch and Uncrouch doesn't mean that they didn't nerf combat straps. They In fact, did make combat straps less effective, whether it works out to the same numbers because they upped her base stats, is irrelevant. 

3. Your assumption that I seem like one of those people where everything is a nerf to killers is Dead wrong, and could not be more wrong if you tried to make it more wrong.

4. When you admit you did not read the post beyond the first sentance, and then proceed to make accusations about my character, you look like a Jerk.

5. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Jerk.

6. You're rude.

7. >:{{{{{{
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Tsulan said:
    Why tho? Isn't it good that you are less depended on certain addons and can mix up different addons?
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@jaerthebear said:

Okay

1. Making assumptions is rude

2. They in fact , did, nerf her Combat straps add on.

Just because they buffed her Base crouch and Uncrouch doesn't mean that they didn't nerf combat straps. They In fact, did make combat straps less effective, whether it works out to the same numbers because they upped her base stats, is irrelevant. 

1. Your assumption that I seem like one of those people where everything is a nerf to killers is Dead wrong, and could not be more wrong if you tried to make it more wrong.

2. When you admit you did not read the post beyond the first sentance, and then proceed to make accusations about my character, you look like a Jerk.

3. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Jerk.

4. You're rude.

5. >:{{{{{{

LMAO

Yeah evil devs wanted to kick poor Pig's balls and I am rude

Yeah combat straps got nerfed, they should have increased the reducement to 5 seconds and make the pig be able to crouch in 6 seconds. I am sure that 'buff' to her best addon would make pig mains really happy.

I read the rest of your post now and as I imagined most of it was crap. Nobody said that the buffs made her very strong or anything, they were, however, buffs after all, not nerfs.

You are an unreasonable person and I will ignore you from now on, please do the same to me.

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

I don't really see how they are nerfs. I just gained more credabillity for being the "Big Bad Piggy" after a few matches.

• TAG
    jaerthebear said:
    Strongly disagree on the base stat buff being irrelevant.  The context definitely matters in this case.  Telling someone "They nerfed Combat Straps" is a lot different from telling them "They buffed her base crouch speed, but they also nerfed Combat Straps so the total crouch speed is unchanged when using them."
  • GhostrickSpecter

@jaerthebear said:
    They nerfed her best add on, the combat straps.

Think again, dude! If they don't do that on Combat Stripes, guess what happens? 0.3 seconds crouch time!!!

They just balancing it, that's all! The changes is not a nerf, just making her crouch a lot viable, got it?

I'm not being rude, just telling the truth!