What do you want nerfed about Dead Hard

Options
KingSiege45
KingSiege45 Member Posts: 138

What do you want nerfed about Dead Hard 67 votes

The Invincibility
43%
kodiakyF60_31KillmasterGlamourousLeviathanbjorksnasFilthyLegionMainKill_Yr_Idol83DoomedMindgetuy45u4iuDoritoHeadGuiltiiPSPTrickstaaaaaFoxy_Teltacshinobu149AurelleBennett_They1Them[Deleted User]Plsfix369Ula 29 votes
The Distance
56%
GibberishSeiko300BlueberrySchinderellaanarchy753saminationJawsIsTheNextKillerAetherBytesmusstang62MazoobiRoboMojoEnderloganYTtenoresaxTatariuSeannyD115Zeb89SuzuKRxtr4meShoobyTsukiYurei 38 votes

Comments

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,224
    Options
    The Invincibility

Id rather it be "dodge" than just free invincibility from almost every killer power and attack in the game

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options
    The Distance

Make it a dodge like a protection hit.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options
    The Invincibility

The invincibility is the main issue with the perk.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Neither

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623
    Options
    The Distance

Rework the Perk completely.

If you nerf the I-Frames, the Perk will still be uncounterable when used for distance.

If you nerf the distance, the Perk will be useless

• Valik
    Valik Member Posts: 1,274
    Options

The payment.

I'm okay with the effect the perk has. I just want survivors to be forced to consider its drawbacks before equipping it.

Each perk has some sort of a price or counter, Dead Hard has no such thing - aside from that it has a shared cooldown with other strong perks via the Exhaustion status.

However, survivors must be made to weigh their options and play around things of such power - and the killer should be able to keep tabs on it in such situations instead of having to juggle timers in their mind. Players should be made to avoid using Dead Hard unless they MUST. It should not be a 'get out of jail free' card, it should come with a very real drawback that can land them in trouble down the line if they are not prepared to adjust to the consequences of the perk's employ.

This is the kind of perk that, if used poorly, can ruin your game and send you back to que faster than ever. It should also be a perk that, when a team focuses on keeping it viable, can win games - as it currently does in spades.

• AcelynnBen
    AcelynnBen Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    The Distance

I'm fine with the Invincibility but extra distance and just wasting another 5 mins looping its just pain, or doing some massive big brain just for them to press one button and get away with it just makes me disgusted

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options
    The Invincibility

The invisibly over M2 attacks, such as getting directly hit by a hatchet. And the ability to dead hard over traps.

• Sakurra
    Sakurra Member Posts: 1,046
    Options

Nothing. You can't nerf it without making it completely useless. I'm sure about it.

• DoomedMind
    DoomedMind Member Posts: 793
    Options
    The Invincibility

It is interesting to see it's a 50/50 votes

• Herachi_Sakura
    Herachi_Sakura Member Posts: 22
    Options
    The Distance

I'll take one or the other. Both are frustrating in their own right.

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139
    Options
    The Distance

Making it solely a skill based, dodge ability makes sense. Does anyone really think that they wouldn't use it if the distance was shortened?

• Chad246emr
    Chad246emr Member Posts: 17
    Options

Apparently I’m of the minority here because as a killer, I don’t even mind when survivors use it. Maybe I’ve just somehow never come across a situation where I’m being looped HARD and then had it used when I finally caught up. Usually they use it and then I hit them 10 seconds later.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options
    The Distance

DH for dodging can be countered by baiting it. DH for distance is uncounterable to the majority of killers.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I think Dead Hard should be two separate perks, one perk that lets you lunge for distance but you can still be hit, and another that lets you be very briefly invulnerable but that doesn’t give extra distance. Both effects are useful on their own that they’d see use.

• SuzuKR
    SuzuKR Member Posts: 3,910
    Options
    The Distance

That solves nothing. Distance dash on demand is busted and unhealthy design.

• dugman
    dugman Member Posts: 9,714
    Options

I disagree, I frequently see the same survivors using Dead Hard both to get distance AND to dodge attacks successfully in the same match. Distance is the better use of the two but dodging an attack is still useful and happens all the time.

• GuyGravyy
    GuyGravyy Member Posts: 30
    edited April 2022
    Options
    The Distance

I recommend a perpendicular dodge to the side.

-rewards more skilled plays

-nullifies it as a free distance, second chance perk.

I have a few ideas for reworks in my discussions

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,354
    Options
    The Distance

I think it would be interesting to see how many people would pair both dead hards. Making it effecitvely take two slots up to equate to the current dead hard doesn't seem like a bad idea.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,251
    Options
    The Distance

The people voting iframe don’t understand why the perk is an issue in the first place. The iframe has counter play. The distance part does not. That is where the issue is.