Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Thoughts on soul guard?

Recently I've been using it and talking about it on here and I just love it

I love it when a noed user slugs me and I get a free revive or in one case a third seal slugger

Comments

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255

One of my favorite perks when a game goes south and you're fully recovered and one tap away but your hero comes with the slasher right on their tail. If I'm tryharding I'll run Soul Guard. Being able to get out of there and get someone else up can make all the difference, especially if it's a repeated thing.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Good for combo, great for SWF groups... On Its own it is not so good generaly speaking.

It's a gamble perk. I would rather pick Ubreakeble then this combo or that perk on Its own.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

Despite its low pick-rate, it's pretty good. Generally only sweaty players tend to run it, usually in swf. Part of the reason its so good is the surprise factor. Killers pretty much never expect it and will hit you for a speed boost. It can easily turn the tide of a match, especially late-game.

All that being said, I hardly ever run it myself since I play solo. You have to pray you get slugged and pray a teammate actually picks you up to use it. Unless you wanna run Unbreakable too, but then you're burning 2 perk slots for a situation that might not happen. I'd rather run something more consistent. But it is fun!

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415

rarely use SG, tho I love seeing teammates pull off unexpected escapes with it; feels rewarding... always respect the play from both sides.

Curious to see what the next survivor perk to become incessantly bemoaned over after DH gets nerfed down to complete uselessness, like MoM & OoO (CoH, somewhat). Maybe it’ll be you, Soul Guard, you lovely li’l perk😔

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Inconsistent, unless you're using UB/SG to get an easy escape during EGC

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

What sucks is that even while affected by the Cursed Status Effect, Unbreakable's one-time-use recovery is consumed.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Someone told me on here yesterday that it does not. Well, that needs to be looked at then, as Unbreakable is not consumed while under the effects of Exponential.

As to the OP, I would say it is only useful in a SWF in 90% or more of cases. I’ll never forget the match it got me out by itself as a solo survivor against a toxic camping, tunneling, slugging Bubba though.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

@GoshJosh I could be wrong, I know initially it didn't work that way and then it did at some point. I haven't tried in months so perhaps it has been changed again.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611

It's a really good perk, just very situational.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Also it's reliant on Killer's using Hexes

I don't so good luck getting Soul Guard to work

But yes I do see Soul Guard get uses (When I did use Hexes)

• mr7ba_bk_
    mr7ba_bk_ Member Posts: 74

I really hate soul guard when used against me, more than dead hard

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,707
    edited April 2022

It used to depending on the order of the perks in your loadout. It's been fixed for a while so now it doesn't consume it.

@ Topic:

It's a fun perk but situational and I never run it without UB.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

personally? complete garbage. Reason? i dont run hexes and i main killer.

generally? its very situational and use is not always a given. not the best perk. is it worth using over Unbreakable, which i had to google since i couldn't remember its name? i dont know.

• Lynxx
    Lynxx Member Posts: 510
    edited April 2022

Yet another perk that is useful mainly for SWF. Even then it is pretty lame - unless you pair it with Unbreakable maybe, even then it's lame.

• lauraa
    lauraa Member Posts: 3,195
    edited April 2022

i love it paired with UB, but wouldn't use it on its own tbh.

I get value like, maybe once or twice in 10 matches? But when it works I'm reminded why I used it in the first place haha. No greater high than having a killer leave me slugged to go for a 4k, he kills that guy, and goes to seal the deal only for me to just Unbreakable in his face and laugh all the way to the hatch. Perfect for when I'm in a Shining Lion flashlight Feng mood