The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What about the Ghost Face's rework?

Hi, so since most of us can agree that the Legion rework is great and fixes a lot of issues, I'd like to know peoples opinions on the GF rework as well. I don't play him myself so I can't really tell, plus it looks like it just got overshadowed by Legion. So, does it actually fixes or improves anything?

Comments

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,742

Idk I wouldn't really call it a rework. So long as they fix his reveal, though, and it no longer feels so horiffic to do so for both sides, I'll be fine.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,703

Basekit-wise, I don’t think the changes are gonna do much for him at all, and that’s assuming they fix his stalking issues. At least he has some better addons now.

But yeah, I’m way more excited about Legion.

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,169

I do not play on PC so I haven't played him but it doesn't really sound like a rework and more importantly, never fixed everyone's frustration with him, the wildly inconsistent reveal mechanic

I don't know if they did behind the scenes stuff to make it better so they count that as a rework but as long as revealing Ghostface is still broken, I have no interest in any other kinds of "rework" they do

• StarLost
    StarLost Member Posts: 8,077

So long as the devs actually fix the reveal...bug? he's going to be a lot better factoring in his shiny new addons. Far less janky at least.

Legion could well end up being a solid killer, but I'm worried that they are going to be even more of a newbie-stomper than Cenobite.

It's less janky for sure as the sources of reveal will be more consistent - but some aspects of the rework do come out to a nerf (it's going to make it impossible to duck out of a reveal). Will have to play him on live a bit and see. Stocking up on his addons at present.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890

Like with Legion I don't think its going to make any significant difference.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,352

The buffs are nice, but most of them shouldn't matter.

15 seconds of extra mark duration is unnecessary for general stalking use.

Marked survivors not able to reveal you is nice to get those bloodpoint events, but functionally shouldn't matter.

Having more than 4 good addons is nice, but the ones making dying and hooked survivors take longer to reveal you feel like they should be made basekit or at the very least just merge them into the same addon.

I'm happy that Ghostface has better addons, but he's not really getting much else besides that. Legion is getting some well needed basekit changes which is why people are more excited about his.

• Bladeisbest
    Bladeisbest Member Posts: 308

Same. Fix the reveal and tbh... I hate the new chase music.. It's like nails on a chalkboard directly in my ear...

• AlkaloidssOP
    AlkaloidssOP Member Posts: 254

Well the main plus of the Legion update is thee fatigue reduction. That in itself is going to be huge. I also really like the new addons, they are definitely an upgrade.

As for GF, I have to agree with you.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,117

nothing changed for him, he is worse now assuming no changes from PTB.

• Altarf
    Altarf Member Posts: 1,045

Both changes don't really do anything. Most Marked downs are within ~15 seconds max for experienced Ghostfaces who 99 survivors, and not being revealed by Marked survivors is nice but doesn't affect much. The reason why Ghostface players don't really Mark survivors isn't because it's too hard to down them when they're Marked, it's because lean-stalking is a very finicky and buggy mechanic, it's hard to find good opportunities to stalk survivors in the first place without being in a chase or next to them as they work on a gen - and often it's just way more efficient to go for a grab or a free hit.

I do like the add-ons though. A couple of them could be baked into his base kit like the hooked/dying no reveal add-ons, but they're a massive improvement over the old selection. Hopefully PH and Nemesis get something like this soon.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

It’s nice. Not a groundbreaking change that’ll boost him though, Base kit will feel better but not be better and add-ons are gonna be good now

• Vlarian
    Vlarian Member Posts: 163

The add on changes are great, the actual basekit change is literally nothing. It's not gonna change the amount of people playing him. He's still C tier.

• JamnJelly
    JamnJelly Member Posts: 139
    edited April 2022

Add ons, are awesome. Glad you can actually use more than a few.

As for the "rework" I think he shouldn't lose his power by someone on hook or on the ground. The lean mechanics need to be adjusted and hopefully they will be.

Aside from that, maybe cd reduction but I think it's in a good spot long as he's not knocked out of it for doing almost anything.