Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dear Devs. have you any plans for fighting Cheaters in the furture ?

Unknown2765
Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,258

Its rarely a day between i encounter at least 1 cheater/hacker now, to a point that i would like to know of there are any plans to fight this better in the furture, or if we should expect the same fate for dbd as friday the 13th ?

Right now, just the reporting is time consuming, clumsy and needs 3rd party software, just to make a report.

And i have a feeling that its not really working, as the ammount of cheaters are increasing all the time.

I was playing dbd every day, but as it is now... im not even bothered doing my dailies, i log in once in a while, sure. And i do the dailies i have when i do, but the ammount of cheaters you see (especially as killer) is really big. And some of them would not even be detected if i didnt know what to look for, and im sure i havent detected everyone.

One guy for example, used hes DS cheat, only when the SWF's flashlights werent doing their job, and i downed them. I didt get the DS debuff and he didnt have the DS perk. If he had just picked that, i might just have thought of it as a bug.

So my big question, with all respect is.

Dear Devs.

Do you have any plans for upscaling the fighting of cheaters in the furture ?

Comments

• MrPeanutbutter
    MrPeanutbutter Member Posts: 1,586

Any official response that BHVR has given in the past about the cheater issue goes something like “we are doing stuff but we can’t say what because then it will give the cheaters information they can use to beat the anti-cheat measures.” I wouldn’t expect any different or more specific response than that.

I don’t play a ton, but I have never seen an obvious cheater in any of my games, and can think of only a handful of times where there was maybe subtle cheating. It hasn’t been a widespread problem in my experience, but maybe it’s just the server I’m on (US eastern time zone).

• Ula
    Ula Member Posts: 276

You forgot to mention we can't even report players on other platforms than steam :/

• Unknown2765

I see at least 2 cheaters every week, and if u search for "hacker" or "cheater" on the steam forum, you will find that there are almost a new post about this every day.

• Unknown2765

Just decided to post the search here, because its like 3 posts daily about it on Steam

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/search/?q=cheat&gidforum=412446292756763871

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

Is "Hope they get bored and leave on their own" a plan?

Asking for a...developer

• zItsYaBoyy
    zItsYaBoyy Member Posts: 9

I don't really know what to say. The report/anti cheat system is complete rubbish in my opinion. I once played a survivor round. Hacker. “Skilled” is the name Few days later I wanted to play Killer... You guessed it the same account "Skilled" Just thinking how many times he's been reported... And he still hasn't been banned? Okay I agree the number of hackers in dbd is really low. Even though I'll meet the same hacker in a few days? Does dbd even have anti cheat?

• Unknown2765

The number of hackers / cheaters have really increased lately, try to look at the link i made to the steam forum, 3 forum posts within 24 hours already.

So i do really hope that the devs. are actually listening to us and will be working on getting this fixed.... If not, i fear the same fate for dbd as Friday the 13th.

• Crimson_Lockhart
    Crimson_Lockhart Member Posts: 188
    edited April 2022

It seems that they are turning a blind eye to the cheating problem good job keep up the great work in game detection would be nice.

• Unknown2765

Thats an odd strategy if they want people to stay...

Didnt excessive cheating kill the "Friday the 13th" game?